Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 21, 2020

Victor and Xander think Mackenzie is Brady and Kristen's baby
Unless there's been a double-switch we have yet to see, Mickey IS Kristen and Brady's baby. Victor and Xander watched Sarah's real baby die in the nursery after the doctor tried to revive her. Later we found out Victor paid the doctor to switch the babies. At the moment when baby Horton died, the only other baby in the nursery was baby Black. (the bassinets for baby McCloud and baby Williams were empty when it happened)

Ben and Ciara are stupid, they should have left when Chad told them to. That said, I did laugh when she hit Rafe over the head.

Sonny telling off the selfish entitled gold digger was the highlight of the episode for me. More of this Sonny.

Victor and Brady's back and forth was boring and repetitive.

What the hell was Sarah wearing? She looked like Sandy at the end of Grease.

Last edited:
Unless there's been a double-switch we have yet to see, Mickey IS Kristen and Brady's baby. Victor and Xander watched Sarah's real baby die in the nursery after the doctor tried to revive her. Later we found out Victor paid the doctor to switch the babies. At the moment when baby Horton died, the only other baby in the nursery was baby Black. (the bassinets for baby McCloud and baby Williams were empty when it happened)
If it WAS Sarah's baby.

That's why I said unless there's been a double-switch we have yet to see.

Thanks, Poirot.

Is Tate going to be the donor to save Mickey? It's Friday and we have to wait until Monday
to find out. And we shouldn't be surprised we have to wait all weekend.

Ciara finally knows about her mom.

Salem has a new DA

When they replayed the scenes with Ben and Ciara at the beginning. closed
caption showed tragic music for the background music. Boo-hoo :)

Is Maggie remembering what happened the night of the accident?

Ben saved Ciara when he walked into the police station.

Line of the day goes to Sonny to Gabi "It's too bad prisons aren't coed so I can
save drive time when I take Ari to see her mommy and her daddy"

Last edited:
Due Process Anyone: Gabi is a thoroughly unsympathetic character, but predatory D.A. James Giddens tossing a plea deal at her without any opportunity to consult with her attorney was outrageous. (Whoever Gabi's lawyer is, he/she makes Justin look like a brilliant legal whiz.)
NO, NO -- A Law and Order moment (and real life too) -- DA saying, "you take this offer now because if you get a lawyer and we have to get ready for trial, you'll never see an offer this sweet again."

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

But he prefaced with, "due process." Something Salem (nor some real life prosecutors) cares much about. LOL

And you prefaced your comment with "a Law and Order moment", about another TV show.

We know things on TV are fudged for the sake of storylines, like Jennifer be-bopping around the hospital, pushing Parker in his carriage, in full hair and makeup, a week after having her heart removed and reinserted. Or Lani and Kristen ready to take final nun vows a year after entering the convent. Ben being on death row and sharing a cell with Will, the guy he once "killed", who is not on death row. Ben's execution happening less than 18 months after Jordan's murder. We know in real life, death row inmates sit around for decades before ever seeing the execution chamber.

I just read an interview with one of the writers (last name Topits)....some may remember that a few years ago, when Caroline became ill, they named her problem "Topits disease". Well, he mentioned in the article how they will write a story, then realize it isn't working so have to change it, also how they abruptly get thrown if an actor just ups and quits, and they have to change things around. But he also referenced how some things seem silly or impossible,....but..."it's a soap". I am going to find it, and see if I can post it here. Been a long time since there was an interview with a writer......He is either breakdown or dialogue. Forgot which.
So I love when we get the real lowdown on legal matters, or medical matters, police procedure, or military from those who have a lot of knowledge in that area. It is too bad they don't have someone on the set who is knowledgeable about midwest weather, or appropriate clothing. LOL

Remember Caroline originally had Alzheimer's, then months later they changed it and said it was Topits disease so they could cure her and keep the character alive. It tied into the Yo Ling storyline too (he also had Topits).
But he also referenced how some things seem silly or impossible,....but..."it's a soap".
Like NBC/Sony coming down on Days about killing off all the vets during the Salem Stalker storyline and told them to "fix it" no matter how ridiculous the explanation. Hence, the ridiculous Melaswen storyline. We saw the characters all brutally murdered. Jack's organs were even donated. Then we had to suspend belief and just "go with it" when the explanation was that Marlena was in a trance and only thought she was killing the characters and the entire town was somehow hallucinating, too.

Or Paul being John's son, despite there was absolutely no way since John was on our screens the entire time he would've had to meet Tori and have a brief relationship. Drake Hogestyn (John) even said in an interview that we just had to go with it.

Yes, he did, and I did not know if it was a slipup, or one of Days' infamous "cut scenes", that eliminated the news of that promotion to the viewers.

FOUND IT!
84288570_2575532029239438_7678864619976261632_n.jpg

DrBakerFan is well versed in law, to say the least, and is our resident legal expert.
JS, thanks for the shout-out. I wasn't saying that the Gabi-DA situation couldn't/wouldn't happen in real life, but what was being done to her was a violation of her right to be represented by an attorney. As for Law & Order, I once heard an attorney who actually worked at the Manhattan D.A.'s office, where the Sam Waterston version of the show was based, say that he found the program to be unwatchable because of all the utterly unrealistic things that it portrayed.

Oh, dear, Dr. B......you just reminded me of Rose on Golden Girls, who thought she was so knowledgeable in legal matters because she she watched "la law". LOLOL I thought for sure Blanche or Dorothy was going to start singing, la la la la la. !:)

Back