Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 28, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, February 28, 2020

Slightly expanded scenes of yesterday's closing. Rafe says Evan's name is Christian Maddox, Evan denies, but finally admits it is true, claiming he got into some troubles in his youth, followed him all over, could not get work, etc., so figured changing his name was only way. Rafe very upset he lied, fires him, Evan understands, goes to pack up his stuff. Ciara arrives, takes her sweet time, but tells him of the phone call to him she answered, and how they found the exact match in the data base for DNA found on Jordan's body, David's father, Christian Maddox. Now we have to find him. Oh, Rafe knows where he is, goes to look, finds out Evan is gone, and took David. Calls in an APB, kidnapping. He leaves, Ciara now calls the prison with her news, wants to speak to warden, stop the execution.

John wants to lunch with Marlena, but she is going to the prison, having been approved to watch the execution. John knows she got close to Ben while treating him. Understands.

Justin faces off with Stevano, who has one more thing he wants. Marlena. Justin tries to point out that Stevano knows full well Marlena would never leave John, she loves him, would not agree to be with Stevano, who yells that Justin is a lawyer, talks to people, then he has to convince her. Justin still wants to know if Kayla is alive today, was yesterday, but what about today. Stevano will let him talk to her on phone, calls a number.

And there is Kayla, sitting in a chair, hands tied behind her back, busily trying to untie them, as she talks to Rolf, who is keeping an eye on her for Stevano. She wants to understand what he did to Steve, gets Rolf to brag about the essence of Stefano he collected, his personality, his memories, put them in a micro-chip that he inserted into Steve's brain. She flatters him, would like to just peek at his notes, so she could really understand, he pulls out a little black book, opens it, shows her a page. In comes the call from Stevano, he holds the phone to Kayla's ear, she talks to Justin, who is promising to get her out of there soon.

Clyde is brought up from solitary to spend time with his son. Ben's last meal is brought in, Clyde talks of being a lousy father, but right now, he would gladly take his place if he could. Guard comes in, Clyde's time is over. He is taken away. Ben has finished his food, and Marlena arrives.

Sonny face lights up with a huge smile when he sees Will, they have a long talk about Will being willing to take the rap for Maggie, how Sonny so glad it wasn't Will causing the accident. They discuss it all, the divorce, the papers not being filed, & finally Sonny's involvement with Evan, who knew Will was Sonny's one and only love. And Evan arrives, Sonny does the intros, Will leaves them to talk. Evan figures Sonny is back with Will, yes, just happened. You always knew I loved him. Evan nods, seemingly accepting of this, but Evan pulls a gun out, aiming it at Sonny, whose eyes grow wide.

Justin sees John at hospital, is looking for Marlena, it is important. John tells him she is at Statesville for the execution.

Kayla has freed her hands, talks Rolf into getting her some water. Rolf leaves, she throws the ropes down, gets up, takes about 3 steps and in comes Stevano..Going somewhere?

Marlena & Ben have a very nice, emotional conversation. He thanks her for believing in him, talks of the guilt he constantly feels over the pain he caused other people, children. She notes everyone deserves a 2nd chance, and he did change, made a new life for himself. He asks her to tell Ciara how much he loves her, Marlena thinks Ciara knows that. He wants her to move on, build herself a new life, then says that Ciara loving him was the greatest experience that ever happened to him. He is breaking down. Guard arrives, ….It's time!

Being away from home and not able to watch or record the show. While I'm glad there is some movement in storylines, only in Salem would a warden take a phone call from the girlfriend of a prisoner. What is that girl thinking? Oh wait, go back and read, "only in Salem".

Thanks for the summary. They are keeping me current till I get back home.

The Ben/Marlena scenes demonstrate that the show needs to SLOW DOWN its tape delay. The only reason Ben's back is because the actor is phenomenal, which they didn't know until he'd already killed 3 people including one on-screen.

I bet the writers wish they could have Evan or Sonny be pregnant to extend this triangle now that Will's free. Since they can't, let's chuck Evan under 3 buses.

Thanks, Poirot.

An emotional day in Salem. Clyde and Ben say goodbye to each other. Will
and Sonny are together again.

Ciara, what have you done? You called Ben about David's father before
telling Rafe. Now everyone has to look for Evan to save Ben.

I laughed when Stevano told Justin he was a lawyer and it would be easy for
him to persuade Marlena it's the right thing to do. Really, how many cases
has Justin won? :)

It's cliffhanger Friday. Will Evan shoot Sonny? Will Ben be executed? Will
Justin tell John what's going on? Did Kayla learn enough from Rolf to
bring back Steve? And how many viewers are still watching?

Last edited:
Steve-ano: The stupidity of the faux Phoenix is remarkable. He thinks bumbling barrister Justin could convince Marlena to leave her beloved John in favor of the loathsome Steve-ano? If Rolf somehow brought the legendary lawyer, Clarence Darrow, back to life, even he would have absolutely no chance to persuade Doc Evans to make such an absurd choice.

darrow1.jpg

Clarence Darrow: "Selling the absurd Steve-ano
to Marlena Evans is a task that's beyond
even my mighty powers of persuasion."

Roman: He would have been quite puzzled over at poor Ben's choice of a last meal: fried chicken and pizza. What better send off into eternity could a condemned prisoner have than a tasty, deluxe Brady burger platter and a steaming bowl of chowder?

Rolf: If he as any sense, he cut his losses, extract the Stefano microchip from Steve's body, and try again, this time with a host body that has been crafted to look just like the Phoenix in his prime. (As he once did with fake Rafe.) Try as he might Steve-ano is one sorry stand-in for the real thing. He just comes across as Steve Johnson badly in need of some time at Bayview.

DBF, I loved your assessment of Stefano in Steve's body! :rotfl:

While Ben and Clyde were sitting there glopping down all that food, all I could think about is how could anybody possibly feel like eating, when they know they are about to be executed within an hour or so? Or in Clyde's case, knowing his son is about to be executed--if he truly does care as much as he was saying he does.

Watched the show today (Sunday), and shook my head most of the time.

The best parts for me were Will/Sonny and Marlena/ Ben. The rest was just blahs.
It looks to me like the writers put too many eggs in the Steveano and Gina basket, and are failing miserably. Time to make a giant omelet, and get out of it.

Back