Days of Our Lives - Fri., March 6, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, March 6, 2020

I think Aesop wrote better fairy tales than the one currently being shown, & today, honestly, despite NBC breaking in for several minutes, it felt like the show was 2 hours long. Replay of Chad reading the note from Stefano, hearing his voice saying “La Familigia”, then talking to the portrait, putting on the ring. Kate waltzes in, who is he talking to. Chad admits it was the portrait, she says she used to do the same thing, a lot, more in frustration. They chatter away about what Kate knew, did not know. She is talking of all those texts and messages coming from Steve, but Chad counters with the news Stefano is in Steve now. Kate is disbelieving at first, but eventually seems to accept it. He wants her shares of DiMera stock, she says no, he promises she won't suffer anything, won't go to jail, blah, blah. She starts to leave, has to find place to stay, he invites her to stay there, will have Henderson ready her old room. Stefano's voice tells Chad to get on with it, has to deal with something NOW. Chad leaves.

Gabi is asleep, Julie comes in, wakes her up, gives her a verbal lashing. She may be out of jail, but Julie is going to make sure she pays for what she did. Next is a lot of eye rolling on my part, as Gabi brags of saving Mickey's life, Julie berates her for making the deal, Gabi talks of her own child still having mother around. They go on to what Gabi did to Eli, made Lani do, Gabi whines over wanting Lani to pay for taking Stefan from her. (Gad I hate writing this) Julie notes how badly Eli was hurt, Gabi is sorry, really cared for Eli, loved him, decent man. Then she moans about how she really cared about Julie, her own big, loving family all gone from her, leaving only Rafe, so was nice to have someone to talk to. Julie lets her know that she might have wanted some large family, but now she is going to be all alone, her own fault. Storms out.

Eli & Lani wake up, start nuzzling in bed, then talk of how Eli has forgiven Lani....but about 95%, still thinks she could have come to him, & together they could have figured how to overcome Gabi's plans. She wants him to hit her with a pillow, get over the last 5%, he doesn't hit women, she playfully smacks him with one, (cheap pillows as feathers start coming out all over) they have a small pillow fight, then get cozy, only to get interrupted by Julie pounding on the door. She comes in, sorry to intrude, but has news of Gabi,they already heard, as JJ called them.

And then to fake Stefano, gun to Kayla's head, hand out to have his queen come to him, Justin jumps in front, squabbling occurs, Marlena looks scared, Justin lunges, struggles over gun with Stevano. (breaking news from NBC).

Out in the hall Rolf has been yapping to the unconscious John how he never learns. Stevano comes out with Marlena, tells Rolf to come along, he picks up medical bag, follows. Inside Kayla is tending to Justin who is on floor, knocked out. He comes to, finally. Door opens, John stumbles in, thought Stefano alone, but a goon knocked him out. All of them now try to leave, door slams shut, is locked, none have their phones any more.

Stevano has brought Marlena to what looks like the gatehouse, furniture covered in sheets. He talks of access to the tunnels, they have to lay low for a while, before going somewhere no one will ever find them. He tells Rolf to get busy on next phase, Rolf leaves. Marlena talks of how she knows he plans to do something to her, make her more receptive to him. So he wants a zombie? Stevano says waited years, patience worn thin, tired of waiting.

Rolf will do what has to be done, just a gentle push.

Julie is ranting she wishes someone would just throttle Gabi, give her what she deserves.

Chad walks into the sleeping Gabi's room, stares at her...grabs a nearby pillow.

John, Justin & Kayla ponder how they will get out. Hissing sound. That son of a bleep ...odorless, colorless gas. He is trying to kill us.

I know I can't buy the Gabi we saw today (the pacemaker plot was a dealbreaker). However, this is the mixed intention, mixed good/bad character that would be much more interesting to see instead of the vampy, ridiculously scheming supervillain we've seen for the past year-plus. Why can't they write more complicated villains who don't go to such extremes that they lose their humanity? A more humane Gabi who does some moderately awful to occasionally terrible things would be a better character. And the actress is better playing in this range versus snapping and spitting at people.

Kristen is the same way. When we see the pain she's suffered and she shortens her range of misdeeds to regular bad behavior, it makes shifts like getting back with Brady possible to do without nauseating the audience.

So frustrating.

Can this get anymore ridiculous? I love how easily people are knocked unconscious. First John, then Justin. What is Rolf getting out of all this? Does he truly believe that that is Stefano? I swear if they actually have Marlena and Stefano sleep together I will scream. And Chad gets one dose of whatever and now he is literally hearing voices? Can't they just tell a story without all the sci-fi bs?

Bet I looked at my watch 1/2 dozen times, figuring "this has to be over soon", only to see it had 40 min, or 20 min. more to go. Once or twice, thought my watch stopped, so checked the clock, too.
Days is definitely overdoing the replaying of yesterday's scenes, and the stretching out of others.

I'm so sick of Steve-ano that I'm ready to start throwing things at the TV when he appears. My favorite fantasy ending for the faux Phoenix is that he's committed to Bayview as Steve Johnson and is stuck in a ward with people who think that they are Napoleon, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and Cleopatra.

As for the rest of today's follies, here are a few comments.

John: His Doc may be in the clutches of the demented Steve-ano, but not everything is bleak. He was actually knocked unconscious and didn't go into a coma.

Justin: Is there anything that this man is good at? Today it was revealed that he's as bad at brawling as he is in the courtroom.

Bone Marrow Gabi: She ought to listen to Julie and get out of town. Nobody, not even clueless Mr. Shin, will hire her, nobody will be her friend, and nobody will be able to even tolerate her presence.

Chad: After all the grief he's had in his young life, he's now been turned into "RoboChad," Steve-ano's willing tool. The faux Phoenix really knows how to show his love for other family members.

Last edited:
Dr. B. - was waiting for your witty take on the doings today.....lolol. You all know I love Stephen Nichols (Patch), (just check my pic to the left...) but this Steve-No...has just got on my last nerve. As JasonD noted....we have robot/zombies, they are increasing and taking over Salem. I have no idea what is ever done to get reality back, but they had better do it soon.

Not sure, but it does seem that "LaFamiliglia" was the phrase to enable Chad to turn into Stefano's obedient goon. See, if Stefano loves his family so much, why not have his thugs/goons do the dirty work? Why the family? Days/Ron Carlivatti needs to get bombarded with e-mails/tweets or whatever to just STOP the madness. I'd suggest Corday, but he pays no attention to his show, same goes for his exec producers, Alaar & Meng.

It's strange that the Salemites accept that Stefano's "essence" is in Steve but no one wonders where Stefano actually is.
::SIGH:: Only in Salem.

Stefano was a popular character with many viewers for a lot of years. I wish they would let his character rest in peace and move on to something else. I'm sorry that Stefano's portrayer died, but I wish Stefano had stayed dead the first time he died. I never did like the character.

I'm honestly starting to think that this show is being written as a parody and if it is it would make it much easier to watch. Lani asking JJ if Gabi had been sentenced? It's been like two days. All she had to ask JJ was if he'd heard any updates and then she could find out. I'm ready for them to go full on Passions so we can just laugh along.

Yeah, Lani - the ex-cop - asking JJ, who is in Africa if Gabi had been sentenced? Huh? Turn on your radio or TV, Lani. You are right there. You should know more than JJ knows.

I also wish the character of Stefano was left to rest in peace, like the actor, who portrayed him so well, for so many. many years. Stefano was truly a villain, one you loved and hated at the same time. Stefano was an old man when he died. Yet his "essence" talks as if he is maybe 50. His comments, thoughts about his "queen" etc. are of long ago. When Stefano died, he had long ago accepted not getting Marlena. He even married a couple times.

Thanks, Poirot.

Interesting to see Kate at the end talk to Stefano's picture wondering
what he did to Chad.

So, what is going on with Chad? How is he hearing Stevano's voice? Does
he have a chip too?

Stevano thinks the gatehouse will be a great place to hide out. Maybe it is
because Rafe has other problems besides looking for him.

Julie told Eli and Lani she needs to go to confession soon thinking about
what she wants to do with Gabi. Then I wondered how much the priest
in Salem has been told over the years. All those secrets.

Line of the day goes to Marlena to Stevano "Do you want to make me
a zombie? Does that turn you on?"

It's another cliffhanger Friday and we have to wait until Monday to find out
if Chad kills Gabi and if the invisible gas kills John, Justin and Kayla.

Last edited:
Stefano was an old man when he died. Yet his "essence" talks as if he is maybe 50. His comments, thoughts about his "queen" etc. are of long ago. When Stefano died, he had long ago accepted not getting Marlena. He even married a couple times.

Maybe Stefano's essence has dementia, which often causes people to relive their younger years....I can't believe I'm even talking about an implanted essence with dementia! :rolleyes:

Poirot, thank you for watching this and writing it up. You are the real hero in this drama.

Back