Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 15, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 15, 2020

Missed 1st 15 minutes. Apparently Zoey is telling Rafe what her father & Evan did, & is not sure what Orpheus might do next. Evidently, on that fateful Mother's Day, Maggie had the glass in her hand, Orpheus snuck up behind her, chloroformed her, then kidnapped her, intending to get big ransom from Victor, which would help him raise David who he intended to take for Evan, who is with him. They are driving, unconscious Maggie in back seat, Evan uncomfortable with this entire idea, wanting to turn back, return Maggie. Orpheus takes a bottle of booze, handing it towards Evan, take a swig, will calm you down. In so doing, his eyes off the road, he veers into oncoming lane, causing the accident. He & Evan are o.k., they realize they can't take Maggie & scram, carrying unconscious woman would draw attention. Scratch that, Orpheus puts Maggie in front driver's seat, empties bottle on road, puts in her hand, they skedaddle. Rafe realizes that Maggie was innocent, thought she was drunk, but had not remembered anything. Zoey confirm this.

Meanwhile, Sarah has gone straight from airport to prison to visit Maggie. She confronts her about causing the accident, but is not throwing stones, telling all she did herself, from fleeing with the baby, all she did to Rex, then leaving him tied up in apt. while she tried to get away. She tells of Kristen finding her, how hard to give her up, but she is not Mickey, she is Rachel. She also says that right now, she, Sarah, needs her mom, loves her, has no one else. She forgives Maggie all. Maggie doesn't think she deserves forgiveness, but Sarah mentions Brady going to prison, Maggie tells her it was Kristen who stabbed Victor, Brady innocent. This sets Sarah off again, Kristen has the baby, etc. etc.

Xander has gone to see Victor, tells him about Sarah leaving with the baby, how she never wants to see or talk to Xander again. He has brought Victor the mail, they talk a bit, but Xander knows Sarah is returning, rushes out, has to find her.

Nicole & Eric are together, Brady comes in, they learn that Kristen found Sarah, got Rachel back. Nicole figures he has to be so happy. He talks of seeing Rachel, so happy he is her dad. But then tells them Kristen is gone...with Rachel. Eric explodes...you let her take that beautiful child and go. She needs exams, meds, constantly. Kristen won't be able to take care properly. Brady is convinced she will. Eric is very angry, yells how Brady keeps saying she is changed, citing things she has done, and just tried to kill Victor. Kristen cares only for herself. How could you do this? Did you ever give a thought to me or Nicole......I love and cherish her, and you send her off with a wanted woman? Brady storms out, Nicole hugs the distraught Eric.

Orpheus shows up in Marlena's office, takes his time before he says, in a sinister way, that he needs money. She figures he wants to take her, make John pay ransom, starts to pick up phone, he pulls wires out. No, she is not to be his hostage. He had another plan, which went awry...so on to plan B. She is going to pay the ransom, as he is holding John hostage.

Sarah tells Maggie she will probably be arrested for taking Rachel, so will be back here with you. See you later. She starts out, Maggie stands up, I love you, Sarah, who nods, and leaves. Maggie murmurs, I love you so much, but you will never see me again.

Victor rifles thru his mail, opens one letter...it is from Maggie. “I am writing to say goodbye”.

So Maggie is innocent. We have all known that but now she's going to kill herself?! Stop the madness!!!

Glad Eric tore into Brady. Yes Brady, you gave your child to the woman that not only stabbed your grandfather, trying to kill him but offered to go to hospital to finish him off when it didn't. Yeah, she'll be a great mom.

Evan uncomfortable with this entire idea, wanting to turn back
Why is he leaving? Because he has something resembling a conscience, unlike Brady, Victor, etc? Shame.

You didn't miss anything. This was a very, very slow episode. Repetitive talk. New flashbacks only. They don't need to "insert" extra flashbacks in the existing episodes to make them slow.

I really, really hope Kristen's baby dies and everyone rips Brady a new one again. And he slides into drugs and just goes away forever. Wipe the table clean. (Unless we can get a rewrite and make the baby Mickey again.)

I thought this girl playing Zoey is doing a great job.

I am fine with her, but hate when they switch actresses. How many times did the other actress appear - 7? Seems like they could have figured that out in advance. Oh, well.

She's also playing a different part of the role now that the trial is over, and she's fessing Orpheus's dirty laundry, so her approach is different.

Very strange. My local channel cut off the last 5 minutes or so and switched to Dr. Phil. I wonder when/how they will get back on schedule? I'll have to wait until NBC posts today's show online if I want to see those last few minutes.

I really, really hope Kristen's baby dies and everyone rips Brady a new one again.
As much as I hate the death of children..... this is one I agree with.... and I really hope that they do reunite Mickey with her true parents....... whoever they are..... because the chance of a Latina being a perfect bone marrow match of a white bread child is really a stretch.....

Kelly Thiebaud (original Zoey) only appeared less than 1/2 dozen times. When she signed on to Days, she did not have the other gig. It came after she began. She had no contract, was free to leave, and did. Her choice....got a part in Station 19. Days had to scramble to get someone else. They were lucky to find someone able to do the job.

Brady: He deserved to get thoroughly trashed, but did it have to be from sourpuss Eric? Viewers have seen more than enough of outraged Eric's outbursts, which make everything more or less about himself.

Zoey II: If you want your secrets to stay safe, don't hire her to represent you. By talking to Rafe about Evan's role in the Maggie kidnapping, she was definitely violating attorney-client privilege. That said, the D..A. could offer Evan immunity for his role in the Maggie kidnapping if he'll testify against Orpheus. And if the awful ISA wants him freed yet again, it should be told to butt out in the strongest language.

Orpheus: Please make him go away -- this time for good. His sick plots are as tiresome as they are repellent. Unlike Stefano who committed his crimes with a some style, the Big Zero is just a seedy bum with a perverse imagination and no moral limits.

Evan: It's too bad that his confession to Zoey II didn't include himself and Orpheus sneaking into the maternity ward and making a baby switch, which resulted in Baby Mickey/Rachel being Xander and Sarah's child after all.

Last edited:
Orpheus: Please make him go away -- this time for good. His sick plots are as tiresome as the are repellent. Unlike Stefano who committed his crimes with a some style, the Big Zero is just a seedy bum with a perverse imagination and no moral limits.
Yes, yes. A thousand times yes.

Thanks, Poirot.

It didn't take long for happy Eric talking about Holly turn into angry Eric
when he found out Kristen had Rachel.

I wish the stuff with Orpheus causing the accident was more dramatic or
something. It felt like it was something they changed later on and not
done at the time.

Will Zoey go to jail because she broke attorney client privilege?

Interesting John is kidnapped instead of Marlena.. Will Marlena put on her
Superhero costume to save him?

I can't believe I'm writing this, but for once I agree with Angry Eric - "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Brady is either a moron or insane. No one who is in their right mind would leave a defenseless baby with any DiMera, especially Kristen or Andre.

But yeah, count me among those who are tired of Angry Eric is angry.

Last edited:
Eric has every right to be upset in this instance. Kristen has done horrific things to Eric and he had grown very attached to that baby when he thought she was his daughter. Brady showed an extreme lack of judgment in this instance and everyone in Salem (except Lani who is as dumb as Brady about Kristen) should give him grief about this.

Read somewhere that Zoey's child is a boy, is a couple years old. Could be true, could be false.

Back