Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 8, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 8, 2020

Honestly felt as tho I was watching Sat. morning cartoons for the kiddies. Hard to believe this was a Friday, and May sweeps. Jake has taken care of Gabi's boo boo on her arm, but she won't leave. She does all her usual snarking, smart remarks, he is yelling at her to leave, she won't, she kisses him, insists even more he is Stefan, he denies, back and forth over and over.

Ciara finds a knocked out Ben, who supposedly was beat with a crowbar, but amazingly, no blood! She calls the cops, Eli shows up, Ben only saying the goons thought he was his boss, gives description. Ciara holds ice pack on his head. Jake comes in dragging sullen Gabi, finds out what happens, cannot imagine anyone coming after him for any reason. Eli is astounded at the resemblance to Stefan, Jake denies, then asks Eli to get Gabi out of there she won't go. Gabi insists she isn't going anywhere, she & Jake are not done, but Eli tells her that if Jake calls the cops again, another cop will come, might not be so understanding. She agrees to go, but she is not giving up.

Now earlier, he had words with Lani about her helping Kristen to escape, even tho she had stabbed Victor. Lani did it so Kristen could hold her daughter again, and if she found someone was keeping David from her, she would do the same thing. Eli gets the call about Ben being attacked, leaves. Brady arrives, was released, is going to try and find Kristen, so they can find their daughter. Lani stops him, admits she helped Kristen get away, tells him the tale of tracking down Sarah, through the call from Rex, having Theo working on it. She gets a call from Theo, who tells her what he found, and that he told Kristen.

Xander is with Victor, has to tell him about visiting Maggie, who now knows the truth, Victor gets a bit upset, but Xander points out her cellmate was yapping about Vic being stabbed, Maggie began asking questions, figured a lot out, better he was with her, than she learned some other way. Vic is proud of him for all he has done to help family, & will stand by him, whatever happens

Jack & Jennifer are sitting at a table talking over what has happened to Abigail. Jack is very upset, doesn't want to think of Abby being hurt permanently, wants to be optimistic. Jen also wants to be optimistic about Gabi being proven to have done this. They get the call that Abby is gone, dash out.

Sarah is packing up to go off with Mickey. She unties the gag on Rex, who once again tries to talk her out of this. She says she is going to Germany, or maybe Switzerland, or maybe Tonga, she doesn't know. When he starts in to talk her out of this, she gags him again. She promises to get someone to come and release him once she is safely away, takes her suitcase, the buggy, opens the door, and there stands Jeanne-Marie from downstairs. Evidently she doesn't see well, thick glasses, Rex is making noises, she thinks it is Chad, cannot tell he is tied up & gagged. She just came by to see how they were. Sarah tries to put her off, Jeanne Marie manages to get in, but Sarah is talking of Chad being sick, bad throat, contagious, cannot get near him, etc. Jeanne Marie backs off.

Gabi shows up at the prison, wants to see Wilhelm Rolf.

Kristen is in a hallway, outside an apt. door. This is it, she says. It's o.k. Rachel, Mommy is here. She turns the handle and goes in.

Like I said.....felt like it was Sat. a.m. cartoon for the kiddies. Nothing made sense. Eli did a really poor job of questioning Ben, & Jake. He never got Jake's last name. At least he got Gabi out of there, she was so bratty.

Ben said he was beat up with the crowbar......so bruises, no blood, nothing.

Thick glasses or not.......if Jeanne Marie is that blind.......she should have a white cane & guide dog. Rex is making noises, & she "doesn't understand all different American accents." No APB out on Kristen, who manages to get all the way to Paris from Salem, thru airports, she has to have her passports, customs (no luggage???). Wonder Woman, I bet!

Jack & Jen's scene seemed thrown in just to give them some scenes. But it was all so ridiculous, in MY opinion.

Vic is proud of him for all he has done to help family, & will stand by him, whatever happens
Yikes! I want to be happy - but I fear Victor's wrath will re-appear when he's recovered.
Jen also wants to be optimistic about Gabi being proven to have done this.
This is basically proof that Gabi is in the clear.

Kristen still isn't sympathetic, but my patience has worn thin for most of these stories. I'm not even interested in seeing "Jake" with Gabi. How on earth did this get approved for sweeps?

It makes me sad because it demonstrates how truly little Sony cares about the show.

Eli: If he's worthy of his badge, he drop the hammer on Lani immediately. Not only is she not sorry for what she's done, she's still helping the Salem witch. If Bo Brady was still alive, he'd be turning green with disgust. Helping a criminal DiMera is the absolute worst thing any Salem cop could do.

Lani: She thinks that Kristen deserves to be with her baby? What the moral monster deserves is to be behind bars. It's too bad that legal barracuda Melinda Trask, Haley's mother, wasn't there to hear Lani's nonsense. She'd have verbally reduced the rogue cop to a quivering blob of Jello.

Gabi: Please shut her up. The foolish writers have truly ruined this character. Not only have they turned her into an unrepentant criminal, she brings new meaning to the word annoying.

Jeanne Marie: Mon Dieu, the portrayal of this woman is an insult to the French nation. She's the most clueless French person to appear on-screen since the bumbling Inspector Clouseau.

Abigail: So the former Ms. Perfect used to get straight A's in school. Jenny must have been unbearable back then -- always bragging about her oh-so-wonderful daughter.

Why would Ben not tell Eli that they asked for Jake not Stefan? Seems dumb. Of course this whole thing is dumb.

Sarah is so annoying and that whole Jeanne Marie thing was ridiculous. Is she absolutely blind and dumb? How do they write this stuff!!

Thank goodness Brady said "I'm worried about Sarah" and stupid Lani says you don't think Kristen would hurt her. Ya know Kristen, the woman that stabbed Victor then offered to go to hospital to finish him off?? Your BFF is a crazy psychotic, Lani!

Thanks, Poirot.

If the show didn't film so far in advance, Sarah could tell Jeanne Marie that Rex put on
his face mask wrong.

Brady got released from jail just in time to take a plane to Paris. Then he got
a surprise passenger, Xander. Will they get there in time to prevent Kristen from
hurting Sarah? Maybe, it's Salem. It's only a five minute trip to France :)

I just now watched this episode. The arguing between Gabi and Jake went on for way, way too long!

The scene in Paris, with the nosy neighbor, may have been one of the worst I've ever seen on Days. It was painful to watch. By the time it was over I was laughing and thinking, "Surely they didn't really make a scene like this, so ridiculously silly and cringe-worthy." Pity the actress who played the part of that nosy neighbor.

Reminds me of actress Frances Fisher, who is incredibly talented, but was given terrible scenes as Sami and Rafe's dippy neighbor Gladys Pierce in 2011. She played young Rose's mother in the movie Titanic. Yet she was so goofy as Gladys (during the fake Rafe storyline).

Pity the actress who played the part of that nosy neighbor.
Work is work. I think if actors were finicky and not just doing a job they love and can still get paid for, we'd have been spared the inanity of the SteveaNO plot.

Nosy neighbours is literally the cheapest, dumbest, laziest plot contrivance possible. I'd say it's a new low for Days, but that bar was set with the attempt at SteveaNO/Marlena sex.

Back