Days of Our Lives - Fri., ., Nov. 16, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 16, 2018

Abby wakes up in the mental hospital, brother JJ is sitting, waiting. He assures her the baby is o.k., their mom has been with her every minute. They have a long talk, with Abby once again trying to convince JJ that she has been set up, that Gabi, and even Kate, have lied, convincing everyone her alters are back. No such thing. JJ wants to believe her, actually half way does, keeps telling her how strong she is, etc. Finally, he looks over at a paper cup of pills, glass of water, telling Abby she would make points with the staff if she remembered to take her meds every 4 hrs. She sighs, says o.k. (and folks, since when, in a mental hospital, would staff leave pills for a patient to take on their own??). JJ goes to the bedside table, gives her the cup with pills, and water. He knows the doctors will soon be letting her leave, leaves himself, as she dozes off.

Tripp & Ciara wake up, kiss, kiss, she checks her phone, sees the story on Wyatt confessing, is surprised, wonders why. Tripp goes into a long thing about how wonderful Ciara is, Wyatt probably just wanted to be sure Ben was punished for trying to hurt her. She doesn’t see it that way, told Wyatt she never wanted to see him again. Tripp makes all these excuses, then talks of how much he loves her, doesn’t want to lose her, and …….well, love in the morning. Later, Tripp has to shower, or will be late for work. Kiss, and he is out of the bed. Ciara calls Wyatt, wants to meet with him. Wyatt happily agrees.

Wyatt is with Claire, trying to give her the money back. He wants out, Ben really scared him. Claire talks fast, doesn’t want to take the money but Wyatt is done. She offers a lot more money, she will handle Ben, not to worry, yes, he can he scary, but he won’t hurt you. She transfers more money into Wyatt’s account, he agrees, but says only for a short time. Ben has overheard this.

Jennifer is with Charlotte (the baby) talking of how much she loves her, how much her mom loves her, and soon will be with her. She kisses the baby, Stefan comes in (this is the hospital) tells Jen to get away from his daughter. He left orders, no visitors. She is grandmother, every right to be there says the nurse. Stefan will talk to Kayla about this. Jen is furious at how this all has gone down, Stefan says to blame Chad, his idea. She makes sure Stefan gets his own share of blame, Abby trusted you, you failed her. You wanted Gabby back, we all know that, so how could you do this. Stefan says he knows Gabby won’t be back. She asks how, but he doesn’t answer.

Chad is on phone to Sami, asking about EJ. Ben comes along, Chad hangs up, Ben asks about Abigail, Chad reluctant to say anything. Tells Ben he hired him for a job, he did it, was paid, end of that, don’t come near me again.

Gabi comes to see Kate, is all happy and in a celebratory mood, pouring champagne, telling Kate how everything has gone according to plan. Kate is appalled, not our plan, was yours. Only did something because you blackmailed me. How can you be happy. Chad has lost his wife, still doesn’t know the baby is his, the baby has lost her mother, Abby is in a mental hospital. This is all too cruel. Gabi admits this all has not given her the satisfaction she thought it would, but Abby has to suffer, blah, blah, blah. Kate warns her to tell Chad he is the father or she will. Gabi says o.k. , but not yet. Knock, knock, Chad at the door. Gabi panics, hides, Chad comes in, sorrowfully telling Kate the whole tale. Kate doesn’t say too much, but tries to sound sympathetic. He talks of the baby’s birth, holding her, being so perfect, then remembering Stefan was the father, not him. He loves Abby with all his heart, wants their family, he is beside himself. Abby trusted him, and when the medics arrived was o.k., but then realized exactly what was going on, was calling frantically for her baby. Gabi listens intently, is not thrilled to hear him talk of Abby being his life. He leaves, notes the drinks which Kate claims is from company the night before. Gabi comes out, thanks her for not ratting her out. Kate tells her she had better end this all quickly.

Jen & Stefan are getting pretty loud with their argument, Kayla comes in. Stefan lets her know he doesn’t want anyone visiting his child. Jen says she will leave now, but you are not going to stop me from seeing my granddaughter. Stefan talks to the baby, asks the nurse if he can hold her, well, time for feeding, so Stefan asks her to show him what to do. Later, he is holding the baby, yapping about being her daddy,

Ben runs into Wyatt, who gets very nervous when Ben asks what his connection to Claire is. He quickly says he did not plant that thing…….it was Tripp Dalton, then runs off. Ciara arrives, surprised to see Ben, was supposed to meet a friend. Yeah, Wyatt…..he’s gone. He’s not the one who planted the can. It was Tripp.

Jen is home, answers the door to find Chad. He had to come, talk to her. She slaps him.

JJ is at hospital, asking Kayla about Charlotte, per Abby’s request. He starts telling Kayla how Abby is so sure her alters are not back, how she is being set up, drugged by Gabi. Kayla has flashback to Gabi asking for the sleeping pills, rushes off to take care of something.

Stefan is telling the baby some might think he is a bad father, but he is going to do the best for her.

Abby is sleeping, stirs, wakes up to see Gabi standing in her room.

Oh please tell me this Gabby business is going to end. I am not really an Abigail fan because I kind of agree with Gabi that she gets a pass on everything. I mean, she killed a man and got nothing! But this has gone on too long. Abby is breaking my hurt. No one believes her! It needs to come out that yes she was right!!

Chad and Kate. I have never ever understood their supposed closeness. And well Chad, now you have no one in your life you can depend on!! He doesn't even ask if she was at the mansion when he kidnapped Abigail? Wonder why she didn't come out to see what was going on? Abigail said she was there. Oh that's right he doesn't believe anything Abigail says!!!

And yay Ciara found out it was Tripp!! I would have thought all of his defending of Wyatt would have clued her in too.

Lots of moments made me chuckle today, but not because they were funny, but because they were ridiculous.

JJ saying “that doesn’t sound very ominous“ when Abby was telling him how absurd it is that Kate would want to have tea with her lol.

Kate really isn’t in the position to call anyone’s actions monstrous after some of the things she has pulled. I really feel for Chad if Kate is the only one he can count on. Poor fool.

Ciara not picking up on how suspicious Tripp was acting was eye roll worthy.

I really thought Wyatt was going to soil himself when Ben confronted him :rotfl:

Still not feeling sorry Gabi. Don’t care if she has a guilty conscience :rolleyes:

More mentions of Sami’s joy over EJ. :sick::rolleyes: I don’t understand the need for them, but won’t complain too much because I found out some people tune in just for those mentions

Jennifer with the baby at the beginning was sweet until Stefan O ruined it.

Please Kayla take action. We need a heroine. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Abby is not my favorite character but she should kick both Chad and Stefan to the curb after the way they have treated her this past week. She be better off to take her children and be a single parent than co-parenting with either of these two knuckleheads. In the end both of them put her last and himself first.

A lot of "good" lines today.

JJ: He actually said "Kate swears" to demonstrate the truth of something. He hasn't been paying attention has he?

Gabi: She's succeeded in hitting rock bottom and/or has reached the Salem baddie big leagues. When Kate said that her plot is "beyond cruel" and "a little bit monstrous" it was sure evidence that Gabi is now a big-time Salem villain.

Wyatt: When he head Claire say: "Trust me on this" and "We've got this," he should have run for his life instead of lingering in the park waiting for his beloved Ciara.

Jenny: She's telling Chad: "You are the bad guy." As usual, the ranter has her signals crossed. Chad may have made some mistakes, but the real "bad guy" is none other than faux new daddy Putrid O. McCrud.

Finally, the ease with which Ben got the truth out of the hapless Wyatt shows that John should hire him to work at Black Patch. With Ben on the job, cases would be solved very quickly. Who would ever dare to lie to Ben or fail give him key evidence? Imagine Ben approaching somebody and saying:"Hello, I'm Ben Weston with Black Patch Private Investigations. You might remember me (tightens his necktie). I have a few questions that I'd like answered -- now."

Thanks, Poirot.

WOW, Kayla had a flashback when she gave Gabi wanted the pills. I hope she can help
get Abby out of the mental hospital.

If Wyatt is so afraid of the necktie killer, why does he wear a tie? :)

I hope Ben recorded Wyatt's confession about Tripp. Then Ben can
play it for Cirara.

Chad found out today that "you know who" is alive and with Samantha.

Will we see Jennifer slap Chad again on Monday?

Too bad babies can't talk in Salem. Charlotte could tell Stefan now
he's not the daddy.

Thanks for the summary!

Jenny: She's telling Chad: "You are the bad guy." As usual, the ranter has her signals crossed. Chad may have made some mistakes, but the real "bad guy" is none other than faux new daddy Putrid O. McCrud.
Love the new NAME - so descriptive -"Putrid O. McCrud":clap:

I'm really going to miss Marci Miller (Abby) - she just gets to me! I feel so sorry for Abby - I'd be so furious if my "loved ones" abandoned me like hers have. Hate this whole story line - STILL!

Kate has gone way past anything remotely human - how could she listen to Chad say how his heart is breaking and NOT tell him the truth :huh:- anyone with a heart could not let him continue to believe that his daughter isn't his!

I loved the scenes with Jennifer and the baby! Putrid O. McCrud should be "very afraid" of the wrath a Grandma can exhibit when she goes into protective mode!:)

Dr Baker Fan - Loved your description of Ben working for Black Patch!!:rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate has gone way past anything remotely human - how could she listen to Chad say how his heart is breaking and NOT tell him the truth; anyone with a heart could not let him continue to believe that his daughter isn't his!
Especially since Kate herself was kept from nearly all of her children. She thought Austin and Billie were dead as small children. Cassie and Rex were secretly created in a DiMera Frankenlab, and carried by Marlena. Then Vivian stole Philip as an embryo and it took Kate a bit of time to wrestle him away from Vivian after his birth.

Back