Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 11, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 11, 2015

We get 2 days in one today, as everyone gets a change of clothes, but we visit all over Salem. At her front door, Eve is kissing Justin passionately, he breaks away, what are you doing. She is contrite, apologizing, crying, stumbling over trying to give voice to what she is feeling, wants someone with her to talk to, Justin offers to stay, but she finally says no, she really wants to be alone right now.

At the penthouse, John is trying to explain why he he wants to dig into his past. He knows he is not an Alamain, or a DiMera, thank goodness. But after getting conked by Theresa & in the coma for so long, he realized he just doesn't want to leave this earth, not knowing where he came from. Marlena gets a call, it is Eve, though she tells no one, who, through her sobs and tears, tells of losing Paige and needing to see her. Marlena abruptly leaves.

Nicole has met up with Theresa, refusing to take her on as a partner. Theresa pleads her case, has no experience, can learn, she is young, has talent, plus a silent partner who will put up the other half of the money. Nicole realizes she has hit brick walls in her search around town for investors, so finally agrees. Will see her tomorrow, they will see John.

Daniel is with parker, about to order ice cream, spots Eric, who is more than a little drunk. He leaves Parker to decide on the ice cream, goes to talk to Eric, who doesn't need any help, starts rambling on and on about different things he tried in life that did not work, leave him alone. Daniel is next seen saying goodbye to parker & his sitter, when Nicole arrives, sees Eric, Daniel explains, she goes to talk to Eric, who wants her to sit down and join him. She talks him into going home, they can drink there, lots of drinks. Daniel returns, she gives him the heads up, they all go to Eric's place. Eventually, they get Eric to sleep it off, Daniel stays there on the sofa, she goes home to stay with parker.

Maggie, Caroline & Julie come walking into the Martin home, which is undergoing renovations, should be finished in time for the bi-centennial. Julie recites the history, first mansion built in Salem by the Martins, she dated their grandson, David. She talks of him marrying a gal named Susan, who killed him, and goes on, with the Martins all eventually leaving town, and this house. Maggie brings a box of old photos, they all begin looking at them, coming across one of the Brady fish market. This has Caroline remembering Shawn, various scenes with him. She walks over to a huge mirror on the wall, looking at herself, then getting upset, after she sees Shawn in the mirror as well.

Maggie comes, asks her if she o.k. Caroline asks where she is, & seems to recover when Maggie says the old Martin house. But the next day, Caroline returns, calling out Shawn's name, saying she is back, then looking in that mirror, again calling Shawn's name asking if he is there.

Marlena is with Eve, (these are fabulous scenes) who talks of having to go identify the body of her sweet daughter, how she called her father, who broke down into pieces. Marlena asks her to tell her about Paige, what she is like, Eve begins, but soon is berating herself, beating herself up, what a horrible mother, bad person, her daughter died hating her. Marlena tries to assure her that Paige knew she loved her, that Paige loved her as well, but Eve will have none of that.She tells Marlena how she had an affair with the boy her daughter loved, yes, JJ Deveraux. She betrayed her daughter, who can never forgive her, and she made the last few months of her daughter's life horrible. Marlena understands, mentions losing a child herself, asks her if she has told Theresa yet. No. Marlena is telling Eve to just take it one breath at a time, one minute, then an hour, then a day. She will get through it.

Lucas has arranged a moonlit ride on the river to the other side of town, picnic basket, wine, they can see the lights of the city, the stars in the sky. Adrienne thinks it is so wonderful, how Lucas can do the most romantic things, make everything so perfect. Lucas senses the "but" coming....but she thinks perhaps she should give her marriage one more try. Lucas accepts this, she leaves. Next day she is with Justin, asking him just that. She goes thru various reasons, mentions they have so much history together, does he think perhaps they can try and fix what went wrong. Yep, he sure would like to try.

Kate comes across a contemplating Lucas, makes all her usual snide remarks about Adrienne, figures she ran back to her big powerful DA husband. Lucas is rather chilly to her, but tells her thanks, all her remarks made him realize how much he really cares about Adrienne, so he is not giving up.

But when he is crossing the square, he sees Justin & Adrienne embracing after their agreeing to be back together.

Victor is in the park, telling Kate that Justin is gone, and Miranda Styles will be taking his place. He is surprised at no complaints from Kate, who hates Miranda's guts. But Kate says it is just business, which can turn on a dime, or a week.

Theresa meets up with Kate in the park, tells her it is a done deal, Nicole agreed, she did what Kate said, silent partner and all that. Kate is happy, says it will be fun working with her and Nicole. Theresa is taken aback, wait......you said silent partner. Kate smirks, "gotta keep an eye on my investment".

Nicole arrives at Eric's in the morning with sweet rolls, Eric comes out, apologizes to Daniel for his comments last night. Daniel gets called to the hospital. Nicole offers Eric a job at Basic Black, he sullenly turns it down, doesn't need her or her job.

Maggie arrived home, telling Victor that Caroline seems worse than they thought. Next day, Vic is at the hospital, looking for Kayla, who is in the O.R. Daniel offers to help, Victor will wait for Kayla. He then calls Dr. Salinas, asking when that formula is going to be ready for human trial.

Brady comes home, finds Theresa sleeping on the sofa, we see that covered bassinet in the background. He puts an afghan on her. Next morning he comes with juice, wakes her up, she did not realize she slept there all night. She knocks over the O.J. , both are cleaning it up. She tells of partnering with Nicole for Basic Black. Brady says THAT will be a disaster!

Marlena is home, on the sofa, John comes in. She shows him the tablet she holding, which evidently is the story of Paige being killed. Yes, that is where she went. And she realized something. Family is all that matters, you never know how long you will have them. So, she decided that if John wants to dig into his past, then go ahead. Find your family. You need to do it. His arm goes around her.

Great episode. Things are finally moving along great. I'd rather have the Kate, Nicole, and Theresa trio working for Basic Black than one or the other.

Can we say Salem needs to hold more AA meetings Maggie! Between Chad, and now Eric as of late, so much alcoholism being displayed. Eric definitely has me on his radar after today's episode. It was nice that the writers showed him sloppy and a hot mess for once.

I kind of preferred Lucas and Adrienne together I just feel when a couple cheats so many times on each other there is no going back.

Was nice to see Maggie, Caroline, and Julie remember their past.

Few things. It's ridiculous that its the next day and Theresa nor Daniel knows about Paige. (The murder story was right there on Theresa's iPad when she spilled the juice, but of course didn't see it).

Why is Daniel cold to Victor? (still mad about Xander?) Refresh my memory but last the interaction Nicole and Eric had, wasn't it in the square when he was with Serena and was so, once again, mean to Nicole? Too bad she didn't tell him off today. Glad they gave Eve some good stuff today.

Other than Caroline seeing Shawn's face in the mirror, I didn't really notice any flashback??

Coming from a long time Justin & Adrienne fan, I would just rather see them divorced and apart at this point, too much has happened between. They have kids and a long history that no one can take away but they need to move onto other people. Still hoping Adrienne eventually goes back to Lucas and Justin can be with Eve.

There WERE flashback scenes of Caroline & Shawn, dancing, hugging, kissing...maybe 4 or 5.
Did not understand Daniel's being so chilly to Vic either, since the last I know, he said he was going to ask Vic about paying Xander's share of Nicole's settlement, and he did.

While all this time I have not cared at all for the recasting of Eve by Kassie DePaiva, I have to give credit where credit is due. and Huge kudos to the actress, as she is just giving a bravado performance as the devastated Eve. Wow!

Another point I noticed. When talking to Marlena, Eve referred to her ex as "Paige's FATHER who walked out on us". Not her Step-Father. Just saying that was very noticed considering her recent death, gives me lots of room for more speculations.

I loved all of the mentions of the past today. With Julie talking about Susan and David Martin, the mention of the Brady Fish Market, the quick flashbacks of Pop-Shawn and Caroline, even John and Marlena joking about all of John's past identities. We also had Marlena mentioning DJ, her baby who died (although, not by his name). And I'm glad Eve mentioned that she called Shane, who was devastated at the news of Paige's death.

I thought it was funny when Nicole made the comment about how she's had to apologize to every man, woman and child in Salem at one time or another.
(The murder story was right there on Theresa's iPad when she spilled the juice, but of course didn't see it).
Theresa's tablet was over on the desk or credenza. The spilled juice was on the coffee table in front of the sofa.

I loved the ending, I think Theresa will see how ruthless Kate really is and see she bit off more then she can chew. Let alone Nicole will be infuriated when she finds out Kate was the "silent investor"; great plot twists. I see all 3 women going in different directions in Basic Black confusing the heck out of their employees.

Lil0 I have to agree... I did like Charlotte Ross' Eve to a point... I haven't been a huge fan of this Eve, but then up till today the story she was given to do was horrible. But yesterday and today WOW... Kassie/Eve has knocked it out of the park..... amazing work

I did enjoy watching the show live today....

I loved Charlotte Ross' Eve and I probably won't ever be able to see Kassie DiPaiva's character as Eve Donovan. But as Eve Larson, she's starting to grow on me and it's great that she was given a story line that shows off her talent. There are the makings of a complex and, as others have said, potentially redeemable character there.

Thank heavens Justin put a stop to that kiss. You sure can tell there are new writers in town.

A few comments about today's featured characters: 1) John: Why is he joining the ISA to learn about its past?? Based on its recent record, the ISA couldn't find an elephant in the Town Square; 2) Lucas: This poor guy has no luck in love. Hopefully, he won't end up rebounding into Eve's arms once Justin goes scuttling back to his wife; 3) Adrienne: Good luck to her living with her puffed-up, self-important, district attorney husband; 4) Eric: He'd better go easy with this inebriation thing. He could end up as blowhard Justin's latest murder suspect.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Eve. It's nice finally seeing Nicole happy, hope it last! (Oh and, Theresa's tablet, was on the coffee table like I thought.)

Well Theresa just made a deal with the Devil (Kate) and by the look on her face after Kate walked away, I think the light bulb went on and she realizes it was the wrong decision.

Last edited:
Back