Days of Our Lives - Friday, Dec. 29, 2017

Wardrobe really dropped the ball with Kate and Abby. Hideous choices for both ladies. Jen's dress looked like it was from a 70’s McCall pattern, and don’t get me started on her hair. I thought Hope looked exquisite.

Maybe Andre saying that Kate looked exquisite was to further the notion that he's head over heels for her. Only someone blinded by "love" could think that Kate looked exquisite in that dress. There were so many other choices in which she truly would have been exquisite! (Sorry, Kate, wardrobe, whoever, but goodness) :eek:

Thanks, Poirot.

I'm going to call Jen's hair style "The Alice Horton Donut" because Princess Leia
had cinnamon buns :)

Vivian's entrance in the cape reminded me of Christmas Future (death) from "The
Christmas Carol". I wonder if that's why she came in that way?

A new sign in Salem. Doug's Place valet parking.

My biggest question is who saw Susan and will we find out who it was later?

Will Ciara tell Hope what Rafe did with Sami? We'll have to wait until Tues to find
out because the show isn't on Monday.

:sick:Brady: Who did he think he was with that K-mansion towel-boy routine -- Xander?

:confused:Gabi: If she's signed a contract with DiMera Enterprises and is now foolishly thinking of switching to Eve's Basic Black, she'd be in danger of being not only devoured by Kate, but also by an army of carnivorous DiMera lawyers who'd make Horton the Tiger look like a pussy cat.

:confused:Gabi Chic: This faux company is the "hippest and hottest?" If so, the meaning of these words has drastically changed.

:eek:Chloe: Didn't she realize that big-shot CEO Chad was supposed to be the center of attention. With her extreme cleavage, every man in the place would be staring at her, not the guest of honor.

Guess he's over Nicole breaking his heart. :rolleyes:

This is one of my issues with the show right now. It's unbalanced. We saw Eric devastated over Nicole, then hardly saw him for ages, and now boom, he's suddenly into Jen again. We should have seen more of a transition.

Chloe deserves better than Brady.

I agree right now but she's still the best available match for him. And the actors have great chemistry.

I'm also curious about who called Susan. I hope that wasn't just a throwaway line to get rid of Will.

I really hope the Sami/Rafe tryst doesn't come out for a while because I think Sami should really be part of it. Bonus if she's pregnant while being part of it. I'm guessing Hope and Rafe are not marrying on Valentine's Day because I think that would have been revealed at this point.

I felt like we had more characters on today than all the Christmas episodes combined. Still no John and Marlena.

I've never been a Vivian fan but I do like that her initial scene is with archenemy Kate. Suffice to say Ron likes to write for villainous females as evidenced by the constant air time given to Sami, Eve, Kate and now likely Vivian.

I'm also curious about who called Susan. I hope that wasn't just a throwaway line to get rid of Will.
I agree. If they just wanted to get Will out of Doug's Place so he could bump into Paul, they could've just said Susan was upset because she missed Will so much, and Roger was calling to ask if Will would take a few minutes to talk to her.

Forgot to comment on fashion. Agree it was awful all around. They really need an intervention in the hair and makeup departments AND they need to stop allowing actor input. Just because they like something in real life doesn't mean it translates well on tv.

Maybe they pick those ugly outfits as they know it will get viewers talking. LOL

Now Ali Sweeney (Sami) said wardrobe picked out a really nice outfit for her to wear when she first returned, That red number. So, actors don't ALWAYS choose what they wear.

I think Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) and Deidre Hall (Marlena) wear a lot of their own outfits...and probably because what is hanging on the clothes racks is just tooo awful.

Lauren Koslow (Kate) is a very casual dresser in real life, so she says.....jeans and a top...so guess she lets the decisions for Kate come from elsewhere.

Suffice to say Ron likes to write for villainous females as evidenced by the constant air time given to Sami, Eve, Kate and now likely Vivian.
He also created 3 for General Hospital (that's what I can recall without thinking too hard) and resurrected two previous villainesses for good measure. I think we deserve better but we'll see how it pans out.

Good wardrobe should say something about the character. This was my issue with Kate's tacky nails the other day. Same with Abby's 70s-yellow dress. The colour might have looked great on Maggie or someone more matronly, but Abby is supposed to be a young, hip professional.

I do not think Maggie or any other female character would have even considered wearing that awful yellow number that Abby wore. Can you imagine them telling Gabi this is what you are to wear? LOLOL. Gabi, who wears skin tight, low cut, very short all the time! Ha. Both Marlena & Maggie seem to wear "classic"....rarely find fault with either one. But wardrobe just isn't doing others any favors.

I don't know much or care much about fashion, so I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the women at the party had on some strange dresses. I know it didn't really look the same, but for some reason, every time I saw Abigail's dress, it made me think of Scarlett O'Hara and her curtains.

Back