Days of Our Lives - Halloween (Thu., Oct. 31) 2019

Amen to all the negative comments about this episode. It was truly dreadful. Perhaps, the cast liked breaking out of their characters' usual behavior, but it was painful to watch. The only positive thing to come out of this episode was a mention of Maggie's lemon bars, which could be the latest addition to the Pub's menu. Roman could promote lemon bars as the perfect desert after a tasty Brady Burger, a steaming plate of Wanchai Ferry, or tasty bowl of garbage-can nachos.

I've never heard of a purple ribbon. I always thought blue was the best! Shows what I know about baking and 4-H clubs. :)
I hadn't heard of a purple ribbon either, so I looked it up. That info came from a 4-H Club website.

I actually kind of liked this episode for the cheesy camp that it was supposed to be.

Just an aside, but a few years ago, I read something about Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), on occasion, bringing a plate of her lemon bars to work. They are supposed to be delicious. In fact, I once was gifted a small book of Days stars "recipes" & it was in there (along with Alice's donuts. Don't ask me where that book is now, when I moved a couple years ago, so much stuff vanished when folks "helped" pack and dispose as I had to downsize.

Just an aside, but a few years ago, I read something about Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), on occasion, bringing a plate of her lemon bars to work. They are supposed to be delicious. In fact, I once was gifted a small book of Days stars "recipes" & it was in there (along with Alice's donuts. Don't ask me where that book is now, when I moved a couple years ago, so much stuff vanished when folks "helped" pack and dispose as I had to downsize.
It's funny, on B&B, there is a character who bakes all the time and lemon bars are her specialty. They're often mentioned on the show. Pam (the B&B character) is rarely mentioned without noting her "famous lemon bars". Whenever she's on, she's usually offering a fresh batch of them to someone.

Have to say was glad I did not have to write it up, and glad Jason recapped via the "Cliff notes" method. That was gruesome, disgusting, and entirely too many victims, and yes, not a single bit of humor. Blood all over, except for Maggie Victor, who only got injected with something.
Well, wait a second......there was a tiny bit of humor.......when John & Marlena finish watching some horror movie, and Marlena says something about ......so a woman is possessed by the devil, who ever would believe something so preposterous. ...Yes, that was a wink to the audience. But that was at the very beginning. Jordan & Claire prancing around in their nurses' outfits, knocking fists as they slice & dice each victim. Nope, cannot recommend the episode to anyone, horrible, horrible nightmare.
Glad I didn't watch

I thought this was kind of fun - a good campy send up of the show. They knew how to heighten the tropes and poke at their own writing.
But I wonder... if the appearance of Claire is a sign that she's going to be back (please no, please no, please no - that would be the real nightmare)

Thanks for the summary Jason - you must have a lot of tenacity to watch this horrible episode!

Heck, I'd even enjoy seeing that mustache twirling guy who tied his victims to the railroad tracks. LOLOLOL
Snidely Whiplash was the best bad guy!

I know I am probably in the minority but I HATED THE HALLOWEEN SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Count me in with you!

I think I am in the minority. It was truly campy and silly, and too much killing. But it was kinda fun! I think it was funny to see them poke fun at the extreme serial killer plots. I actually enjoyed this better than Lani's "poor me" routine and Gabi with her thirst for revenge. Revenge. Now, that Tarzan outfit of Xander's??? Oh my.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texasredwolf, I wouldn't want to have to choose between the Halloween episode and the Lani poor me routine, but since they went to all the trouble of making the Halloween episode, I guess it's good somebody enjoyed it, and really there may have been more people than we know. I didn't watch it at all myself but I know there was at least one other person on here who said they liked it.

Back