Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 22, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 22, 2019

Replay of Stefan bringing Gabi home, Stefan checking his security team in re: Chloe, Gabi & Stefan insulting each other, her kissing him, he asks what was that. She makes up excuses, doesn't know, is just grateful for his help, they insult some more, then she kisses him again, and they are tearing each other's clothes, when in walks Lani! (that was definitely an lol moment). She says it looks like a sense of urgency, they stop, he makes excuses and leaves. Lani chides Gabi a bit about going at it on the kitchen table, Gabi is defensive, then tells her this is HER kitchen, and she can kiss anyone she pleases in it. Lani has explained about being there for David, Gabi tells her of Rafe getting shot, then realizes she left her phone at DiMansion, has to leave to get it.

Rafe in hospital with Eli, talking of Ted being a scumbag, Ciara missing, Rafe not able to help her. He talks of going to help Johnny, who was very depressed, Hope just did not get why he did, same as she doesn't get him wanting to care for little Davy. He decides he is leaving the hospital, hates them, Eli offers a ride, but gets called by Hope to come in. Rafe will get a ride from someone else, he says.

Maggie talks with Victor, who is going over Kate's financial assessment of Titan. They get into quite a discussion of whether Victor should/will hire Kate, Maggie bringing up all the bad things, trying to take Titan down, at one time hiring a hitman to kill Victor. He is saying Kate if Philip's mother, that he & Phil have been on the outs, he thinks perhaps this might patch things up. Maggie laughs that he thinks Kate would be putting in good words to Philip about Victor, saying she loves them being on the outs.

Hope & Ben can find no further trace of Ciara, split up to look in different directions, return with nothing more. Meanwhile, Ciara does some really fast talking, convincing Hector not to shoot her, she is the only card he holds to get away safely. She urges him to let her call her mom, she can negotiate for him. He protests, but finally gives her his phone, call her. Ciara does, assures Hope she is safe, Hector talks some as well, wants all cops withdrawn, will give her place & time later. Hope tells this to Ben, is very worried, gets a call, tells Ben he has to leave, no civilians. She gets place, lets station know, orders swat team in with a wide wide swath. Ben has hidden in bushes, Hope leaves, he comes out. (knew he would not leave).

Ted is on phone about Ciara being kidnapped by Hector, Kate comes by, listens. He claims he was reporting to Abe, they have a yada, yada conversation about him going after Hope, wanting her to leave Rafe, she is considering it. Kate doesn't think he stands a chance, warns him that Rafe is very smart, and whatever he is up to, isn't going to work.

Kate goes to see Victor, he mentions Maggie having a lot to say about him considering hiring Kate. She figures that means she doesn't stand a chance. Au contraire, she has the job.

Rafe returns home, surprising Lani. He thanks her, says he will take it from here. She protests he cannot do this alone, he knows Gabi is around somewhere. Oh, she went out, doubt she will be back, so Lani will stay over, Rafe go up and rest, she doesn't mind at all.

Hector laughs, by the time Hope comes, he & Ciara will be long gone, he lied to her mom, just wanted all the cops gone. Ciara is protesting, Hector insisting they are leaving now! He has the gun on her, opens the door, and in rushes Ben, struggling with Hector over the gun. And feisty Ciara, just stands there, wringing her hands, as the guys roll around on the floor (definitely not the same gal who bashed the other thug on the head). Hector bests Ben, beats him with his gun, Ben is unconscious, Hector orders Ciara to leave with him now. However, Ciara has her gumption back, knees him, smacks him, jumps on him, he gets her off, but Ben is up, smack the guy from behind, and knocks him out. He is bleeding from the head, but he & Ciara embrace.

Gabi shows up at DiMansion, explains about the phone. Harold found it, Stefan takes it out of the drawer. And more insults fly back and forth, as they discuss picking up where they had left off at her house. And yes, suddenly, she is kissing him, trying to get his jacket off, and down on the sofa they go.

At the cop shop, Hope is giving orders, Eli has returned, it is time, and off they go. They are outside the door at the motel, come in guns drawn, see Ben & Ciara. Hope embraces her daughter, assured she is fine, (Hope doesn't even look at Ben) Ciara babbles on about how Ben saved her again. Eli is cuffing Hector. Ciara clings to Ben.

Victor was funny - Kate's a good mother. Maybe ask her kids what they think.

Lani didn't know yet that Rafe was shot? Eli didnt tell her? Glad she caught Gabi and Stefan. Who are very hot for each other.

Ciara just stood there, didnt grab a lamp to smack Hector? Her beast was unleashed when Ben got hurt though! Ben - smarter than Salem PD. Shocking.

Did anyone else hear talking behind Kate and Ted? It was faint but it was there

@macgyverswife - Glad it was not just me hearing that talking. I thought at first they were outside the cop shop, and perhaps hearing radio talk, seems a red light was flashing. But later on heard it again, just a few seconds. And the scene was inside somewhere. Odd.

Think of your fellow man -- lend him a helping hand: Injured Rafe currently may not be able to bounce slimy Ted all over the Town Square, but Eli could help out by doing it for him.

Mommie Dearest: Victor thinks that Kate is a good mother? He should guess again. Recall a line from pre-mummy EJ: "If bad mothering made people gay, all of Kate's children would be waving rainbow flags."

Count your blessings: Chatty Noodlite Hector should be grateful that Ben beat Hope to the motel room. Given Hope's past history of fatally shooting suspects, he could easily have ended up as another notch on the gun of Salem's own Annie Oakley.

Please make it stop -- version 2: Not content with inflicting the truly awful Rexy-Eric-Sarah triangle on the viewers, the writers are now forcing them to endure the endless run-up to Gabi-Stefan "hate sex." The infamous Sami-EJ hate boink was bad enough. The viewers certainly don't need another, talkier version of such nonsense.

Thanks for the summary. Since I haven't watched yet, I don't know what the talking behind the scenes sounds like, but I often hear background noise/talking during the scenes inside the cop shop. I figured it was designed to make it seem like a busy police station.

This really was different, at least to me. Very noticable. As I noted, it was like radio chatter between cops, Emergency personnel, ....and if various people in different parts of the country noticed it, then it was not some interference picked up by our local station.

It was definitely radio chatter and they had the lights flashing. My first thought was it was the crime scene where Rafe was shot but that was at the Di-mansion right? So I'm thinking that it was where they found Ciara's stuff or something and Hope had called the cops. I have no idea but it was some crime scene that I can't remember, which is funny since they waste so much time on flashbacks that aren't needed but don't fill in other stuff. Oh maybe it was the perimeter Hope said to set up.

Victor would think Kate was a good mother given how he parents/grandparents.

Lani cracked me up today. They need to give her more interesting things to do.

Hope is an absolute fool. I can't keep buying into storylines that depend on our thinking she's a competent police officer or a good wife/mother. I actually felt bad for Rafe today. All he's wanted is to be a family man. I really hope they give him some real kids of his own, which means matching him up with someone younger.

Well that was a fast conclusion to this storyline. So much to say. First of all, I can't figure out why Eric/Sarah/Rex were even on back on Thursday. Beyond weird considering this heated storyline. Secondly, Victor today was hilarious! Calling Kate a "good mother"? Good grief.

Who cares about Hope, Ted, and Rafe? End this nonsense already!

Gabi and Stefan is pretty intriguing, not gonna lie. I wouldn't mind a love triangle between them and Chloe. I'm glad Chloe told Brady off, although she's incredibly stupid for minimizing Abby's rape at the hands of Stefan.

Thanks, Poirot.

Glad to know Ari is at the K mansion.

Why does Hope say Brady when she answers the phone
and not Hernandez?

Hector doesn't seem to be that bad. He told Hope "sorry I shot your husband"

Victor used the Philip card on Maggie so he could hire Kate.

Ciara was being smart today telling Hector he can trade her to get out of Salem.
Ciara really got mad when Hector hurt Ben.

No, it was outside, and there was a red light flashing on the brick wall right behind her. I heard it again later in the show, but it was so much fainter, and just for a a few seconds. But that one scene was very noticible.

Reminding you all, I have that Medical appt. Tuesday, and will not be able to do the summary. No one has volunteered.

So Days is now trying to make things realistic, and they're using "police radio chatter". :rotfl:

How about medical and police advisers instead like they used to have? Yeah, that would cost too much when they can rip random sounds off the internet for free.

Last edited:
Back