Days of Our Lives - Mon., Mar. 11, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 11, 2019

Tripp & Claire talk with Haley, Claire suggesting she take a bus to Detroit, cross into Canada, she will be safe. Haley says she thought of that, but as soon as she crossed over, she would be arrested. Tripp tells Claire to call her mom, a lawyer, maybe knows Chinese law since in Hong Kong. Claire is hesitant, Tripp pushes, she calls (or pretends to call), says she got voice mail, leaves a message for mom to call her back.

Eve is telling Jack about his brother, the son, Tripp, and how he is hiding Haley. Jack is hesitant, Eve does her usual verbal manipulating, convincing Jack he should be there, at Tripp's, when Haley is found, assuring him no one will get in trouble. (Jack refers to JJ, and how he hurt him).

Eli & Lani having lunch in Pub...Ted arrives and is talking about the search for Haley. (missed some of this). They are off duty, but list all they have done so far to try and find her, and the dead end now. No one knows anything.

John has gotten into the safe, has the green envelope, Marlena calls, heard from Will, Sonny says Leo gone, thinks maybe to talk to Diana. John agrees to get out now. She tells him she has the DNA results, they will open together. Marlena talks to Kayla about the DNA results received, asks about Steve, who is on other side of world, trying to fix what damage Kayla did. (this from Kayla)

Meanwhile, John leaves, but opens the door to find Leo, who spots the green envelope, wants John to give it to him. He refuses, Leo is calling police, John grabs the phone, comments he doesn't think Leo would want to arrest his father. Leo is taken aback, but John explains what Diana told him, the DNA test, how they don't know for sure. He talks of Leo maybe being family, but Will is as well. He makes a deal. If Leo drops the charges, he will give him the envelope, sight unseen. (Leo has already told him of his abusive father, etc.but not that he supposedly killed him). Leo agrees, the DA is called.

Replay of Diana in Marlena's office, into her computer, learning about severe penicillin allergy. She has another fantasy of John at her door, crying about Marlena being dead, penicillin reaction, her comforting him.She gets the drug from somewhere, injects some bakery items, leaving the box in Marlena's office.

Leo & John are at the Pub, Ted has been told Leo is dropping the charges, Leo commenting that after all, Sonny is his husband. Ted notes he could not be forced to testify against his spouse, so without his testimony, no case. Therefore he will not pursue it at all. John gives Leo the envelope, says he is going to Marlena's office, to open the DNA envelope, does he want to come. Nope, right now, he has questions for his mother.

Marlena returns to her office, sees the bakery box, and a thank you note from Haley Chen. She smiles, opens the box, starts to take one. Later, Diana sneaks in, Marlena on floor, still breathing, but not for long, Diana smiles. She spots the DNA envelope on Marlena's desk.

Jack shows up at Tripp's, introduces himself as Steve's brother, your uncle, came to see him. Claire introduces herself, small talk, chatter. Knocking at door, tis Eli & Lani, along with Eve who is taking video of everything. The cops have a warrant, Jack says he thinks Haley is there, start upstairs. Tripp is having a fit, Claire grinning a bit, but trying to look concerned. Eli & Lani come down with Haley, who insists she snuck in, is trying to apologize to Tripp for all the trouble she has caused, Eli saying Tripp won't be in any trouble, Eve urging Jack to get in on the action, he does, making some statement about justice, finding her, and more blather. Eve is filming it all, grinning like a Cheshire cat. Eli, Lani & Haley, (in handcuffs) leave. Tripp grabs Jack's shirt, is furious, lets him go, throws him out, Jack repeating “the law is the law”. Claire hugs the very angry Tripp, who vows to find out who did this.
Diana returns to her room, checks the safe, it's gone, it's gone. Leo's voice behind her.....looking for something?

John arrives at Marlena's office, finds her on the floor, calls her name.

This story about Haley is disappointing and so unrealistic. Would it be a city wide search for an undocumented immigrant who has no criminal record or history of violence? A nurse, at that. This is ridiculous and not entertaining. Nothing that makes me sit at the edge of my seat in suspense or compelled to watch the next episode.

And Eve and Jack. Gross. Scum. Dirty. Sleaze. Anyone can think of a better work for these two?

Thank you, Poirot.

Too many disgusting *&%&^$#$ (bleeping myself) characters today doing horrible things in different story lines.
1. Jack, Eve, and Claire because she set it all in motion. Eli and Lani are unwitting accomplices being used by the other 3.
2. Diana

WOW! I think this is the first time that I haven't added Leo to my disgusting list. I almost feel sorry for him having an abusive father and a "Mother From Hell". I just might be able to like Leo if the writers would quit writing him as a cartoon character, and redeem him from his manipulative and greedy ways.

So after all the past computer tampering, the hospital computers don't automatically lock when not in use? Geez, even our work computers lock up after 5 minutes without the keyboard being used. I'm sick of having to log in every time I stop to answer the phone , do filing, make a cup of tea, etc.

JS - I agree. Either Diana will take the envelop or switch it for one of her own. These writers are sooooo original. :rolleyes:

tennisdoc - You're right. The hounding and arrest of Haley isn't one bit realistic the way Days is portraying it. It definitely isn't entertaining either.

I thought it was funny when Jack asked why his brother named his kid Tripp, because that was just setting him up to get his butt kicked in school.

Although it was nice that Jack was somewhat concerned about getting his nephew in trouble.

I want to be excited to watch the show every night because Jack is back. I want his memories to fill in -- little by little -- for no logical reason until he realizes who Jack Deveraux was and is. And then I want him to remember how deeply he loves Jennifer.

Eve is grating on my last nerve and Jack?! Deep sigh............waiting.

Tripp is so controlling & demanding. It’s annoying, but I thought the actor did a good job today in the scenes with Jack. Claire is a mess, but I’m glad she’s saving me from a Haley/JJ/Tripp triangle. That would be the baby version of Eric, Sarah, and Rex.

I know everyone hates Jack right now, but I love watching the actor play this more serious & snarky side. I think the real problem is Eve. Everyone should be able to forgive Jack when he gets his memory back, but Eve is egging on this whole thing and pushing him away from his loved ones. Every time Jack hesitates, but then he goes along with whatever Eve suggests. Jennifer and JJ may not want to have anything to do with him even after he gets his memory back.

Did Diana really have to frame Haley on top of her being arrested? I don’t like the character at all, but this is overkill. I feel like I’m being forced to root for Haley along with Sarah because Rex “destroyed her trust in men.”

I don't think viewers hate Jack, just are upset with his storyline actions. Now the characters on the show. Definitely really aggravated.

Brady has has already chastised Eve for what she is doing re:Jack, most see it, but Jack doesn't seem to. Or, if he does, he goes along because he doesn't remember anything else. He has to make a life........Being a mayor sounds a fabulous way to do it, in his mind.

And yes, most viewers are really upset that Jack has not yet gotten even a glimmer of memory back.

Yeah, that was a teaser. There has been absolutely nothing since......and he himself doesn't even mention it. It bothers me that he is not wondering what happened to him during the time he was gone, how Xander got him, why he is with Eve. For a guy who was gung ho on being a reporter again (tho talked out of that by Eve) it is disappointing, to say the least.

I’m not too outraged Jack hasn’t slightly tapped into his memories. It’s only been a few months, but it feels longer due to this story dragging on and the overload of just Jack and Eve scenes. I don’t want them to rush this reunion. The show hasn’t been great at writing good love stories lately, so I feel a rushed reunion would mean Jack going into a coma or being hit by a bus or something lol.

I think the Sami thing was more of a “you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” thing. The actress had a clip of Days in her movie that aired around the same time, so I think that is why we got that phone call and photo. I always preferred when Marlena had a picture of everyone in her office, but it would be nice if there was a photo of Eric in her office since he is actually on the show.

Too many disgusting *&%&^$#$ (bleeping myself) characters today doing horrible things in different story lines.
Amen to that. Except for John cleverly convincing Leo to drop the charges against Will and Big Boy Sonny, today was largely an exercise in awfulness.

Jack & Eve: These two actually think that the shabby scene in the loft will help in the election. Even in Salem, Eve and her tool should be in big trouble with the press and popular opinion. (Trippy should get a good lawyer (not Justin) and file an invasion of privacy suit against Eve because she had no right to to use her phone to record events inside a private home.}

Ted: Somebody should tell this sleazy shyster that the D.A. does not give the cops orders. The D.A.'s office and the police department are completely separate governmental entities. Ted should also go back to law school for a review of spousal privilege. The one who can assert the privilege is the person who is to be testified about (Sonny), not the one giving the testimony (Leo).

Diana: This homicidal lowlife is even sicker than her son, Leo. It's too bad that Stefano isn't still around. The mighty Phoenix would make short, unpleasant work of anyone who'd dare mess with his Queen of the NIght.

Shelly the Nurse: This one is a complete idiot. If her role in the events that led to the poisoning of Doc Evans ever comes to light, she'd not only lose her job, but might also face a big civil suit for negligently giving her passkey to the person who poisoned Marlena.

The Writers: After trashing the Jack character, now they're throwing more dirt on a fan favorite by explaining that Steve is staying away from Salem because he's angry with Kayla. The Patch Man would never hold such a grudge against his Sweetness.

Bet she (Diana) secretly grabbed the envelope and did a little switcheroo of the results to "confirm" that John is Leo's father. :rolleyes:
Even though John having another graft kid is ridiculous to the maximum degree permitted by law, I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I hope that we think that but it turns out Leo is John's. Just because I like Leo and he backed down pretty quickly. (Did they have any idea what they wanted to do with him?)

Meanwhile I'm never asking for another character to come back. Ever. Will was a dud, Jack is a monster. I'm surprised we haven't gotten an illegitimate offspring of Tom Horton or a nasty visit from a recast Alice.

I, unfortunately agree with you, @JasonDíSpeech, that I don't think Marlena saw the results. That will be Diana's handiwork. She will have to change them and not just take them, because then they can request another copy. And, was not impressed with John saying that he was Leo's dad, especially after telling him that he wanted to be sure with the DNA test, so he told him anyway. What was that? And he better be sure to read what is in the envelope - just in case. . .

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

A very, very long day in Salem.

Did Diana or didn't Diana switch the DNA results? And how long will it be before
we find out she may have done that?

Poor Haley, Eli and Lani made her leave the loft not wearing a coat.

How soon will the hospital find out a bottle of penicillin is missing from
the pharmacy? Will they figure out whose "magic card" was used at
the time to get in?

I was surprised Eli had a warrant to search the apartment.

Where oh where is Steve to help save the day?

I laughed when Eli tried to hide behind the napkin.

Will John be able to kiss his sleeping "Doc" awake?

Back