Days of Our Lives - Mon. , March 26, 2018

Hope married Aiden, who was marrying her only to get his hands on her money (remember how he changed the beneficiary on her ins. policy?) and he tried to kill her! KILL HER! But Hope considers worse when she breaks up with a guy, gives him back his ring, turns her back, and he has a one night stand, that all is much worse. Personally, I think it was because it was Sami......not some random female he met in a bar.

Let's see, didn't Bo move Carly into the house, into their bed, after Hope left, luggage and boxes? Didn't he parade around town making sure everyone knew he & Carly were a "couple"? Seems Hope put that all aside, didn't she? Don't remember Julie lighting into Bo at all.

Well, they just had Caroline suffering from Alzheimer's, which was then rewritten to become the fictitious Topits Disease.

And Y&R is currently doing a front-burner Alzheimer's storyline. So I don't think Days would go there with Julie.

Julie had her moments of bad behavior but I don't think that after she was 50 she behaved that way anymore. The whole Nick thing grates because he was attempted to rape Gabi and terrorized her. Had he lived, he would have gone to jail (err maybe not, see: EJ). No one EVER mentions specifically the things Nick did to Gabi (and others).

I do not blame Gabi for loss of faith in Eli because she asked him directly about the baby and he lied after saying "no more lies". I know people want Lani with Eli but I want Lani gone. Gone, Gone and more GONE! Hope and Rafe + Stefano should be enough to get them through this.

The whole revenge and grief sex is tedious. I cannot understand being that ticked off that I would run and have sex with someone else. Same for every time a couple is trapped somewhere, they think they are going to die and go for one more round in the hay. SERIOUSLY?!? Freezing, trapped in a cave "We better have sex to stay warm"?? Way over-active imaginations these writers have.

The stuff with Vivian is more true to the soap opera format. Take overs of companies, mix-matched couples, conniving, but nowadays, it's nuts. I just must be too old. Back in the day, there were surprise pregnancies but that was from "affairs" not all this constant bed-hopping. Why don't any of these people have VD? They obviously don't use condoms.

Every person in Salem is capable of running a multi-million dollar corporation that is so lucrative that they are located in Salem USA.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary!

The Hong Kong saga: Stefan had Chad illegally detained in order to be alone with a mentally disturbed woman, and then took advantage of her illness by assaulting her. This needs to stop. I fast forwarded these scenes.
I think the writers are WAY out of line with this one! Stefan is nothing more than a creep and should be sent directly to jail - "do not pass GO." To me there is NOTHING interesting, amusing, entertaining or even moral about the way he is behaving, Please get him out of here! NOW!:angry:

I don't see how Stefan gets redeemed after this. He is headed towards rape. But I do love that Chad is Abby's trigger. Loved the ending. Poor Abby. I'm guessing Dr. Laura will save her.
I SOOO agree - let's let Abby get on with some growth and development as an intelligent, creative woman! We need one of those!

I kind of wish the goon had responded with something like: "And I'm a dog catcher in Detroit. Which also means nothing here."
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I once had the perfect response to something as stupid. I was buying a car and a salesman kept calling me up about how wonderful his car was. A pure PEST!! I was involved in car racing at the time and he kept telling me I needed his car to prove I was a good driver, that a certain race car driver was buying his car. And from somewhere I said "and Enjo Ferrari drives a Fiat". Shut him right up and never got bothered by him again!

Thanks for the summary.

I'm over Hope & Rafe, and also over Doug & Julie. It's just absurd. The Abigail stuff is FF material in my opinion.

I'm relieved that the truth about the baby has come out and the couples have split. Let's get Gabi & JJ back together and have Lani and Eli marry and raise the baby. They have more chemistry anyways.

Julie has her hate on for the entire Hernandez family. She forgave Gabi for the whole Nick Fallon thing, she *knows* he was a problem. But she 180'd right back to her original problem (she killed beloved angelic Nick). Dario is a convenient criminal, and Rafe betrayed Hope.

I think there's something else there though. There must be something else in the family history for Julie to hate them so much, unless she's just an unrepentant snob (or has a racial thing going on), because I just can't find any other reason for her to be so venomous. I wonder if the writers are building this up for a future storyline about their history together.

Then again, she *is* Julie. She's always been a little prone to flying off the handle, and being overly emotional. Doug *should* have corrected Julie, and she *knows* it because she asked Doug about it. And Doug? Hope isn't a princess anymore. She isn't 5. She isn't 15. She's a grown woman, and while you have every right to be angry since she's your daughter, you should not be treating her like she's a pretty and fragile little princess.

Thank you JJ for kicking Lani to the curb. Please keep her there.

Go Gabi go! Kicking Eli to the curb too.

Oh Abby... this is what I was hoping for when she kissed Chad in the prior episode.

Personally, I think it was because it was Sami......not some random female he met in a bar.

And here is where the missed story opportunity is. Sami should have been a problem for Hope ever since Rafe went to Memphis with her. Honestly I would have loved it if Sami were a problem all along but I can take liberties and have it start from Memphis. Also, Sami should have been jealous of Rafe and Hope instead of rooting for them.

Julie has her hate on for the entire Hernandez family

Another missed opportunity. They could have explored this more and have it come out that she's a racist or something. A rather timely topic that's not as heavy as some of the other real life issues the show has tried to deal with.

And here is where the missed story opportunity is. Sami should have been a problem for Hope ever since Rafe went to Memphis with her. Honestly I would have loved it if Sami were a problem all along but I can take liberties and have it start from Memphis. Also, Sami should have been jealous of Rafe and Hope instead of rooting for them.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

She's a grown woman, and while you have every right to be angry since she's your daughter, you should not be treating her like she's a pretty and fragile little princess.
Hear hear.
They could have explored this more and have it come out that she's a racist or something.
I'm not sure Days could handle this story. They'd likely end up with something tropey like she was framed for stealing that record by a Hispanic person.

Another missed opportunity. They could have explored this more and have it come out that she's a racist or something. A rather timely topic that's not as heavy as some of the other real life issues the show has tried to deal with.
It's not too late.
I'm not sure Days could handle this story. They'd likely end up with something tropey like she was framed for stealing that record by a Hispanic person.
Well, if they went this route, I would hope that they would do better with it than they have with the current mental illness storyline and, yes, it probably would be some stereotypical trope situation, which would be extremely unfortunate, but somehow in keeping with Julie's character.

Back