Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 18, 2020

From what you've all said, I'm glad the local station cut in so I missed the scene.

As you've all said it was totally irresponsible to show it in the first place.

Since it was shown, the national toll free suicide hot lines for the US and Canada should've been included.
Someone at Days had over 6 months to Google the phone numbers. Shame on them for not doing what would've taken seconds.

Hi all. Haven’t posted in ages but check and read regularly. Two things bugged me especially today: 1. How does the police commissioner not have a top of the line security alarm on his house? Orpheus comes and goes like he lives there, but Rafe doesn’t have a Ring alert on his phone or something? I mean really! I check my phone app every time the Amazon guy delivers something. haha.
Agree, but it would be unrealistic for Rafe to have a home alarm when Stefano DiMera and Victor Kiriakis, the two men in Salem with the most enemies, never did. Even more remarkable both the DiMansion and K-Mansion don't seem to ever have the doors locked and it's rare for someone to actually meet visitors/intruders as the enter. If a hungry polar bear ever invaded the mansions, neither Victor nor Stefano would have any notice of the event until they walked into the kitchen and saw their uninvited guest.
Is a polar bear's fur transparent? | Library of Congress
Polar bear: "I'm on my way to the K-mansion and DiMansion. What's in their
kitchens is worth the trip from the Canadian Arctic."

The whole scenario was irresponsible, in my opinion.
Agree, the whole scenario was off-puttng. If they were going to have Maggie attempt to take her life, they should have left the whole event off-screen and just had Xander appear by her cell, looked shocked, and say something like "OMG."

Last edited:
I am so disappointed in NBC, Days writers and staff, and even the actors and actresses, that no one, not a single person, thought to make sure the suicide hotline was shown.

And especially with all that is going on in our world today, it's irresponsible that they didn't air that number. It could have easily been edited and added in. Shame on NBC. Shame on Days.

My heart breaks for all who are affected by suicide and all who struggle with suicidal thoughts.

I'm quite used to Days being very offensive regarding rape. I really wasn't prepared for this negligence.

On a different note: Brady is an idiot. It's too bad he's so dumb, because he is very good looking. lol.

I don't have much else to say about this episode. Just so incredibly disappointed in this episode.

I also feel it was irresponsible of Days - as is typical of all of Ron's writing but especially his socially relevant ones - not to include the Suicide Hotline or another support service before and after the episode.

Many of my twitter "peeps" were angered at this episode's portrayal of suicide.

I'm angered and disgusted by many things I've recently (last few years) seen on Days, but this one took the cake. The portrayal of suicide and the fact there was no message at the end made me physically ill. :sick::tsk:

Soaps remind me of Pro Wrestling - because the mainstream doesn't respect the genre (most see it as a joke) writers/producers are given a free pass to do reprehensible things they never could get away with in other genres. Sadly, our beloved pastime has become a haven for depraved creative types whose sheer audacity (such as making victims fall madly in love with their rapists) would (thankfully) never be tolerated elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back