Days of our Lives - Monday, July 1, 2019

TheWriter

Reaction score
First of all, a great big THANK YOU to Poirot for writing the summaries so vividly and patiently (and to Jason too, who writes Thursdays). But as I am not as patient, my summary will be shorter. Still, I hope it's all right. Here we go:

Hope and Sarah are at the club, with Hope questioning Sarah about the necklace. Long conversation about how Sarah got it, from Xander, though it looks exactly like the one Ted Laurent tried to give to Hope. Hope tells Sarah about Ted texting her about him leaving town, Sarah says typical male behavior, apologizes for lack of sensitivity as Hope appears to be hurting. Hope says no, but still wonders about the necklace and Ted's disappearance. Outside the club, she gets a phone call, it is Marlena (see below), who prompts her to get to the loft, Ciara has disappeared. Later, Sarah and Rex (who was late because he had to give post operation instructions at the hospital before leaving) are at the club, fighting over the necklace. Sarah says she couldn't say no after Xander saved Will's life. Rex says she didn't have to wear it (good point), tells Sarah she should not trust Xander, he is dangerous. Later, Rex and Sarah are talking about Kate, Rex telling her he texted her to plan a wedding reception like she wanted (see below), wondering about her. Sarah says she needs to stay on her good side, has heard stories. (funny). Even later, they enter Eric's apartment with their take out food, as they want to work up an appetite. First let's take off the necklace (finally!) and the kissing starts.

In the DiMera tunnels, Ted and Kate have a loooooong conversation about the necklace, how Ted thinks it is the key to their freedom, as Hope will certainly asks questions when she sees it. She is a good detective. Kate sarcastically says if he's counting on Hope, they could be there a while (good one). Ted says he is the kind of guy who sees "la coupe de champagne" half full (the glass of champagne). Later, Ted is eating the meal, good though not "Alain Ducasse good". (A French chef.) Kate thinks it could be poisoned, Ted says no. Kate says Xander may have changed his mind and kill them to make it appear natural, to which Ted replies "no way this would look natural, we're in a tunnel" (good one again.) Later, Kate is wondering what she did to be stuck in there with Ted, after being locked with Vivian before. Ted says "Oh, Katarina, where do I start?"

At the loft, Marlena and Ben come in, see Tripp on the floor. Big bump on his head, all bloody. Tripp tells them what happened, Claire is gone, has taken Ciara. (Very looooooong time spent in the loft waiting for the ambulance, then for Hope, who Marlena has called). Ben says the perpetrator always returns to the scene of the crime. Later, Hope arrives, calls Eli, apparently, Claire's licence plate has been identified near the cabin where it all started. Ben was right. Out they go.

At the hospital, Kayla takes care of a bandaged up Tripp, learning about everything that happened. She says she is no psychiatrist but thinks Claire is having a psychosis of some kind. Needs help. Tripp says it's his fault, he should not have married Haley, not fair to Claire (he's right on that) but Kayla says no, it goes deeper than that. Tripp brings up that he's no better, having attacked Kayla with a scalpel. She says he was troubled, pushed, but never really meant to hurt her. Tripp says he never knew his bio mom, barely knew his adoptive one, as she died when he was very young, things of Kayla as his mother. He's lucky. "No, I'm the lucky one she says".

Kristen and Xander. Kristen says Kate still a problem. Xander asks why, he killed her and Ted, both buried in the forest. Nobody can find them. Well, her family will ask questions, Xander must send text like she sent text from Xander's phone to Hope. A text comes at that moment, it is Rex, texting her about the wedding reception. He answers that she is out of town for Titan business, does not know when she'll come back. (Rex thought is was cold, to which Sarah replied about staying on Kate's good side). Then Kristen says to Xander not to worry, nobody will figure out what they're up too.

At the cabin, Ciara is tied up to the bed. She says "Not again" (we hear you, sister!) And again, loooooooong conversation about what Claire did why she did it. She was hurting, hating Ciara, who acts superior all the time. She says it's like it wasn't her, and she now looks absent. She wanted the pain to stop. She lost everything, Ciara took Theo away from her, the Bella contest, and made her feel worthless. Ciara tries to get her to free her, to go help Tripp, to no avail. Claire says her life is over, if Tripp is dead, she killed him, if not, he is telling everything to the police. So she goes out, comes back with gasoline and the infamous lighter. She pours gas on Ciara's bed, while Ciara begs her to stop, she will do everything to get Claire the help she needs.

The end.

Kate didn't seem to have a lot of faith in Hope's detective skills. Gotta agree with her!! Ted was funny scarfing all the food down then pretending it was poisoned.

It amazes me how easy it is to carry around an unconscious adult woman. Gabi did it with Abigial and apparently Claire did it with Ciara, who is bigger than her! I have to say can't really argue with Claire on her points about Ciara always seeming superior to her. She did do the Bella contest just to stick it to Claire.

If I was Rex I would be a little more upset about Sarah taking that necklace from Xander. And her excuse that it's because she was so grateful cause he helped Will is lame!! You slept with the man, he is totally after you! This is only encouraging him!! I'm surprised Rex didn't mention that she slept with Xander. I don't think he did. I absolutely would have thrown that in her face!! I must say Sarah seems to be very happy with Rex. Not pining over Eric.

Thank god Ben had the Salem brain today so knew where Claire would take Ciara. While I hate it's Claire I do think this is gonna be good story.

Tripp and Kayla had a very sweet moment. Steve needs to come back!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah is officially the most nonsensical character in Days history. There have been ridiculous characters who were supposed to be ridiculous, but she's supposed to be smart and interesting. Why, on your wedding night, would you want to wear a necklace from a psychotic obsessor with whom you had sex to spite your fiance? Rex and Sarah need to break up already.

Please let this Ciara/Claire story end with Eve getting fired. Please, please, please.

I'm surprised Rex didn't mention that she slept with Xander. I don't think he did. I absolutely would have thrown that in her face!!
Rex did the same thing, or worse, when he had sex with Sarah's sister, then had a child with Mimi. Maybe he knows when to keep his mouth shut.

Ben says the perpetrator always returns to the scene of the crime.
He'd know, and they could also convict him with this - they already tried it once.

The Ted/Kate scenes sound like gold.

I'm still Team Claire on this one. Heck André pretended to kill/killed half the town and he had years of story after that. Ciara annoys me and I'm sick of Ben already.

Thanks, TheWriter.

Tripp should have been honest and said he tripped and hit his head.

Kate asked Ted how long will it take the poison to set in? Silly thing
to ask him.
Kate is the one who tried to poison Chloe.

It was funny when Ted pretended to be choking.

Ted told Kate Hope would figure it out because she's a good detective.
Let's hope so.

I guess Sarah called Rex about the necklace since Rex told Kayla
about it.

Line of the day goes to Kristen when she talked to Xander about Ted and
Kate being dead "unless they come back from the dead. I hear it's all the
rage in Salem"

It amazes me how easy it is to carry around an unconscious adult woman. Gabi did it with Abigial and apparently Claire did it with Ciara, who is bigger than her!
Claire must be on steroids. Not only did she overpower LIttle Trippy and manage to put a kitchen knife to his throat, but somehow she's somehow managed to haul the unconscious Ciara out of the loft, into some vehicle, haul her through the woods, and wrestle her onto a bed. Once she gets out of Bayview she could earn a living by selling exercise videos that promise to make any woman more powerful than any Olympic weight-lifter.

As for Rexy and Sarah they are the most idiotic couple to blight the Salem scene for a long time. Romantic Rexy cheated on Sarah, fathered a child with an other woman, and wanted a instant wedding in the strictly-functional hospital chapel. His clueless true love, Sarah, dumped on her mother's husband, drank too much, engaged in high-volume squawking, slept with the blackest of Kiriakis black sheep, and then accepted a very expensive wedding gift from that same man, which she then wore in her husband's presence. The pair of them should co-author a book entitled Your Guide to a Short, Unhappy Marriage.

Finally, Ted has gone to the head of the class among the many people who have spent time in the DiMera dungeon: swilling champagne and enthusiasticly chowing down on the X-Man's take-out entrees. He too should write a book, entitled: How to Make the Most of Your DiMera Dungeon Captivity. It would surely outsell Aiden's effort, My Life in Captivity with a Dead Bird.

Last edited:
I really like the scenes between Kayla and Tripp. They were really sweet and it was nice to see the slow progression of this relationship. Kayla didn't immediately forgive Tripp but over time not only forgave him but grew to love him. I loved it.

I agree Olivia Keegan is doing an excellent job with this storyline. Possibly Emmy worthy.

I honestly think that Ciara has treated Claire badly in the past. Most of what Claire was saying about Ciara was absolutely true. Of course, she conveniently left out all the horrible things Claire did to Ciara. And nothing justifies Claire's behavior. But this rivalry between then started when Ciara tried to steal Theo from Claire.

Theo & Ciara were good driends...he got the crush on her first. she not interested, until Claire was. Can't say I remember anything ever going on between Ciara & Theo.......but Claire's jealousy WAS triggered easily.

As I remember it, Ciara and Theo had a friendship that was on the verge of turning into something more, but Ciara was dealing with the aftermath of being raped by Chase. She couldn't face being in a relationship, so she and Theo stayed friends. Then, Claire decided she liked Theo and went after him even though she knew a) Ciara did have feelings for him and b) Theo had been in puppy love with Ciara. It was the first of many times Claire pursued someone or something that Ciara wanted first. Ciara's feelings were complicated because she was traumatized, and she interfered with Theo and Claire at first. This triggered Claire's jealousy, which she took to a new level.

Yes, Ciara can be pushy and obnoxious, but she's not in the same stratosphere as Claire herself. I thought Claire's speech was spot on -- if you're a wounded narcissist who can't see your way to taking responsibility for your own behavior and the outcomes. The actress has been doing a great job of playing Claire's erratic emotions realistically.

I don't remember it that way. Ciara seemed semi interested in Theo but got a crush on Chad. Although she was dealing with the aftermath of rape, I don't think it was ever really made clear that Ciara still had feelings for Theo. She didn't seem very interested in Theo. It seemed like the show took some time bringing Claire and Theo together once Ciara broke it off with him. Also when Ciara did decide she had feelings for Theo, it was after Chad rejected her and Claire and Theo were in a committed relationship for some time. I don't think you can compare the two.

But I do agree that her jealousy was on a new level.

Back