Days of Our Lives Monday Oct 20 2008

DJM

Reaction score
The mayor is banging on the door to get into the mansion. Sami is at the back and sees EJ and Nicole making out. As she is going to the front of the mansion the killer calls out to the mayor and shoots him twice. Sami sees him and he points the gun at her. She screams and runs. She goes back to the back of the mansion and comes in on EJ and Nicole. Sami is very upset and tells EJ and Nicole what she saw. She calls her Dad and he is on the way. Nicole does not believe it and tells EJ that he can fall for it if he wants to. They only heard Sami scream on other noise. She runs out of the mansion and falls over the body of the mayor. Sami and EJ hear her scream and go to help her. Roman arrives and Sami tells what happened. Roman is glad that the twins are not at the mansion. Nicole asks Sami that she keeps saying that she came to tell EJ something and wants to know what it was that she came to say. Sami says it was about Johnny. Roman says that they will go to the police station. Nicole accuses Sami of being the killer.

At the pub. Mel tells Max that she may have killed their father. Hope and Bo come in looking for Caroline. She is out with the twins. They want to know what is wrong. Mel and Max say nothing and leave they go to Max’s room. Max tell Mel that he will go to the police if she does not tell him everything. Mel tells Max what happened the night that their father was killed. About being in the graveyard with Trent. Having a knife. How he wanted her to go with him and her refusing. She says the rest is a blurry that she passed out and when she woke up Trent had the knife in his back. Max wants to go to Bo with this information. That he has to help his family. Mel says she is family too and it is his fault that she is in Salem. Asks if he found her just to ruin her. Steph come in and Mel leaves. Max does not want to tell Steph what Mel told him. In the end he does because he trust her. She wants to go to the police . He makes her promise not to tell anyone about what Mel told him.

Mel comes down and is happy to see that Hope and Bo are still there. She says she has to tell them something that they are not going to like. She talks about all the changes that have happened in the last few weeks. She is so happy to have Max as a brother. She is not so sure about Steph. Says that the wallet was found in Steph’s purse and that the only prints on it where Max and Steph’s. Thinks they should look a closer to home and bring her father’s killer to justice.

At the station Sami is waiting in Roman’s office. She calls Caroline to have her take care of the twins longer. The phone rings and it is the clinic to make another appt. She asks if the doctor will be there everyday. Nicole overhears her on the phone and asks Sami about the doctor. She says he is the doctor for the twins. Nicole was wondering if she was calling a shrink. Nicole tells Sami like it or not she is going to be giving Johnny a baby brother or sister and as one stepmom to another they need to make some ground rules. She wants the children to get to know each other ect. Sami says no and points out that everything she does is for money. She brings up everything in Nicole’s past. Roman comes in and wants to talk to Sami alone. Nicole leaves the room. EJ is outside looking in watching Sami with her Dad. Nicole wants to go to the hospital. EJ agrees to go, but is very slow in getting ready to leave. Still keeping an eye on Sami. Nicole is upset because Sami seems more important to him then the health of their unborn child. He wants to say good bye to Sami. Nicole gets him to leave without saying good bye. Sami is in the office with Roman answering questions. She says she will never forget the face. A police artist comes in and they work on getting a drawing of the killer.

The killer is on the phone. He tells of the fact that a girl Sami Brady saw him. Yes he knows what to do he will take care of her tonight.

Steph comes down from Max’s room. She sees Bo and Hope and is about to tell them what Mel has done to Max.

DJM

Thanks so much DJM for the write up for Monday sounds like a good show. I have one problem with Nicole, she is going to be very bossy to EJ and make him feel guilty all the time if he even talks to Sami. I love that Nicole is able to have a baby but just wish it was not EJ's. I really hope that EJ finds out that Sami is pregnant with his child also. deleted We all know who put the hit out on the Mayor.

Thanks for the write up DJM. Sounds good. I also hate the way Nicole is acting. She acts like she owns EJ. Granted I know they are unaware of Sami's pregnancy, but sheesh....she acts like since she is pregnant she can boss EJ around! And to tell Sami that she killed the Mayor....give me a break!!

Again I say!! I HATE MELANIE....little bratty twerp!!

I hope EJ finds out about Samis pregnancy soon. Probably while she is in witness protection. He will want to go see her!

Thanks!

I agree with you KathyLu. Stefano did warn the mayor not to bring Lexie, or Theo into the election. We know that he could have ordered the killing, but we have no proof.

Stephano is the obvious answer (and only because he's the only one we've seen with a grudge so far), but....

I really don't think Stephano would like to have had the mayor killed outside his own door. Makes things VERY messy.

I don't remember seeing too much blood. The best part was Nicloe's fall over the body. Ari did a great job with the fall. Kind of like my cross country ski fall last year.

You know...maybe Lexie's DiMeria-ness is comming out again & she hired the killer! :)

Thanks, DJM, for your write-up.

It's obvious that Stefano put out the hit on His Honor the Mayor, so it was probably someone else. You know how soap operas are.

And Melanie obviously killed Trent, so she probably didn't do it.

Oh, wow, very good episode. If anyone wanted to smack Melanie before, they will want to do so ever more after this episode. Love the expressions on Bo & Hope's face as they listened to Melanie trying her best to praise Stephanie while hinting that it was Steph who murdered Trent.

Sami bursting in on EJ & Nicole ........fabulous scene. Everyone talking at once, the lovers trying to cover up, Sami hysterical. Very well done, kudos to them all.

When the killer is on the phone at the end, it doesn't seem he could be talking to Stefano. He says"the girl saw me. Samantha Brady. A cute little blonde with big pipes". Stefano would not need any sort of description.

Previews have Nicole (in a hospital gown)telling Lexie she tripped over the mayor, who murdered outside the DiMera mansion today. Lexie says she is sorry, she has to go.
Melanie thanks Max for believing in her, and trusting her enough to keep her secret
Bo says to Stephanie "so she didn't exactly admit to killing him ?" Stephanie replies no, but she told Max she thinks she may have.

I sure would like to smack Melanie, even if I only have one good fist! (Still waiting for my wrist to heal - making it worse is my carpal tunnel) That girl is bad news! I can't wait to see Days on Monday. I'm confused - is EJ taking Nicole to the hospital because she fell over the body? How do you like the description of Sami - cute blond with big pipes.

I can't blame you for feeling that way, but considering the way her father treated her, I sort of understand why she is such a brat, so I don't hate her. She needs discipline and "tough love."

And some unconditional love to go with the above. I know that real "tough love" is unconditional, but I did feel the need to add the bit about unconditional love. That girl is a mess, but one can readily see why. It will take her a while to understand someone who loves her, while saying that her behavior is unacceptable and that they will not put up with it.

It's also tough to try and put yourself in her shoes since we know she had at least one rotten parent and maybe even two. I was blessed to have two good parents. Poor girl. No wonder she acts the way she does.

Nicole is getting on my nerves - she has not matured at all, as far as I am concerned. She is getting possessive and obsessive with EJ, and give me a break! Accusing Sami of killing the mayor. Whatever!

I loved that EJ did not want to leave Sami and how jealous Nicole was. Priceless!

Also, I don't understand what Melanie "blacked out" from??? Was she drunk when she was talking to her father in the graveyard?

She was not drunk that I could see in any of the flashbacks. It is because something happed that caused her to back out. That is why she is not sure if she killed him or not. the knife was in his back when she came too.

The Mayor's Killer

I don't think that Stephano had the mayor killed. He should be smart enough to not do it on his doorstep. Maybe Trent's killer and the Mayor's killer are the same. Maybe someone is going around killing all of Salem's shaddy characters, just not our favorite ones :).

I would agree about Stefano being too smart to have someone killed on his doorstep, and same would go for any goon he had working for him.
Whoever it is doesn't care about the Salemites, obviously, if he is going after Sami now. So, sounds like an outsider.

Okay, I just watched this episode and re-watched the scene where Nicole tells EJ she wants to go to the hospital.

I'm sorry, I do my best to try to be objective here and see things from different sides, but I cant see where anyone could accuse EJ of dragging his feet in taking her to the hospital.

The second she said she wants to go, he literally snapped his head around and immediately asked if she was all right. As I could see, he was definitely showing concern. Then he said all right and turned to get his jacket off the chair next to him. Yes, he was facing the window where Sami was and was looking that way while putting on the jacket, but he was not at all slow to respond. Nicole started yelling at him while he was still putting his jacket on. He had barely gotten one arm in the jacket before she was laying into him. As a matter of fact, they would have probably gotten out the door a lot quicker if she wasnt ragging on him! (she even says herself that she is fine... just thinks it's a good idea to get checked out. ie: not a medical emergency!)

Plus the fact that Roman did ask them to wait outside, so EJ wanting to go tell them that they were leaving was not out of line and as a matter of fact, would have been the right thing to do!

I'm sorry Nicole fans, but I've got to say that in THIS scene... I believe that she is purposely manipulating EJ. I'm not passing judgment or saying she is wrong or evil for doing it, I would even go as far as to say she probably doesnt even realize she's doing it. She just has a built in need for attention and seeing EJ fixated on watching through the window at Sami and Roman made her do what she could to get his attention back on her.

But really, take the personalities out of the equation for a second and look at the situation... yes, we all know a woman is pregnant. (we dont "officially" know about the other woman yet!) However, that is not a life threatening or traumatic thing. it is something that you just... ARE.. for basically nine months. It is a natural thing. Seeing a man murdered and then having the murderer turn the gun on you... well... that would deserve a bit more immediate attention for the moment. So... forgetting the who is who... if I was in EJ's shoes... yes, I would have genuine concern for the woman who had just been threatened by a murderer and I would realistically believe that the pregnant woman would be just fine without 100% of my attention for the duration of our stay at the police station.

Sheesh. Nicole needs to dial it down a few dozen notches!

Of course, all of this is simply my humble opinion. ;)

HGF

Back