Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 12, 2020

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Hi Folks -
I just arrived home. The show airs from 12:30-1:30 Central here, and it is not on my DVR.

I do not know why. It was set to tape (and it did tape yesterday) and my box is nowhere near full. Perhaps there was a sudden local pre-emption?

At any rate, please fill in whatever you may have seen. I will add if I can watch the show later.

Kristen is upset that she's forgetting what Rachel looked like (she ordered a copy of the baby's death certificate, which came today).

I guess the writers forgot that Brady and Kristen DID have at least one picture of the baby:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-thu-jan-23-2020.33190/#post-704467
Kristen's Room: Haley takes a photo of the happy family. They haven't chosen a name yet; Haley needs to take Kristen's vitals, so Brady steps out. Kristen's doing OK, thanks Haley from the bottom of her heart. Haley needs to take the baby to the nursery. Kristen kisses her baby.

I find it hard to believe Brady and/or Kristen hadn't snapped several pictures of Rachel with their cell phones before everything hit the fan.

Found the scene. Brady had been taking pics of Kristen and Rachel, when Haley walked in. She offered to take a picture of the 3 of them together and he handed over his phone.

ea5bc9f0c90865b99ddfd36bf833b9e4.jpg

Earlier, Dr. Raynor was going to spill the beans, but then just tells Sarah and Eric that Mickey's cell count is up. Sarah explains to Eric that the bone marrow is working; they're ecstatic.

Back to Brady and Kristen, Brady does some memory thing with Kristen that Marena taught him as a kid to remember stuff. He has them sit in chairs, facing one another, with their eyes closed. He has her go back to when Rachel was born. Asks her what she remembers. She talks of being tired, but holding Rachel and not wanting to let go. She was so tiny and light, and had just been bathed, she smells so good, like soap and her skin is so soft. Brady is smiling. Kristen remembers the baby's eyes were blue-gray and oh, a tiny faint birthmark on her neck, near her chin, in the shape of a heart. When they're done, Kristen is happy that she remembered so much.

At the same time, Sarah and Eric are cooing over Mickey in a bassinet (actual baby this time). She mentions Mickey's faint heart-shaped birthmark, noting that she hadn't even noticed it when Mickey was born. As the matter of fact, didn't see it until Xander brought Mickey into her room after they were at the hospital. Blames it on being so tired after the delivery. Said at the time, she even joked to Xander that he brought the wrong baby. And then said (to Eric) of course she's our baby.

Later, Nicole is back at the office with Brady, who mentions Kristen being a little upset (due to getting Rachel's death certificate). While Nicole has no love for Kristen, she doesn't wish losing a child on anyone. Brady had thought Kristen was in the ladies room, collecting herself and sent an employee in to see after her, but Kristen's not there.

Sarah says she's going to find Xander (who had stepped into the elevator to threaten Dr. Raynor to take her money, keep her mouth shut and leave), just as Sarah walks up (the elevator doors hadn't closed yet).

Eric is talking to Mickey, saying how much her mommy loves her, when Kristen is shown standing at the doorway.

Will confronts Victor. It was a bunch of white noise for me. I'm sure Will unloaded his anger and Victor just snarked and grumbled back at him.

Sonny is livid that Evan is being released, as is Rafe.

Nicole sees Xander getting low-key nasty with Dr. Raynor and keeps digging at him as to what's going on. Her spidey-senses are tingling.

Sarah tells Eric it was all her idea for Xander to keep her secret of Mickey's true paternity. Asks him not to be mad at Xander or Nicole, it was all on her. Eric tells Sarah that he's forgiven Nicole.

Xander talks to Uncle Vic about how Dr. Raynor needs to keep her mouth shut and leave, or it could all blow up in their faces.

And legally, Evan/Christian has no rights to David because he's not on the birth certificate. But when do real laws ever matter in Salem? DrBakerFan will get a kick out of Evan being released after kidnapping David.
JS, you are correct about Evan/Christian and the birth certificate. Persons named on a birth certificate are the presumptive parents until proven otherwise. This means that by taking Baby David and withholding his whereabouts from Rafe, his authorized guardian, Evan/Christian is guilty of kidnapping. Rafe should arrest him on the spot and toss him in the Salem jail. As for those jolly babyswitchers, Xander and Victor, they are guilty of substitution of children, which is a low level felony, at least in New York.

Delusions abounded in Salem today.

Nicole: If she ever thinks that she can squeeze the truth out of Xander (or Victor) she's delusional. She'd have better luck trying to convince Steve-ano to tell John where he's holding Marlena.

The Writers: Yes, they had to get the baby birthmark information out there, but did they have to use grief-stricken Kristen to do it? If they think long-time viewers are going to be affected by creepy Kristen's anguish, they're badly mistaken. They'd have better luck trying to get the viewers to feel sorry for Yo-Daddy or Orpheus.

Will: He really thinks Victor might feel bad about having him going to jail? Doesn't he realize that being Victor means not only never having to say you're sorry, but also ever having to feel guilt.

Sonny: He really can't believe that he fell for Evan/Christian? Really? Has he already forgotten his relationship with grifter Leo Stark?

If they think long-time viewers are going to be affected by creepy Kristen's anguish, they're badly mistaken. They'd have better luck trying to get the viewers to feel sorry for Yo-Daddy or Orpheus.
I too was wondering why they were playing this angle. Kristen is an actual GHOUL back from the dead to torment us. She's not human and I feel nothing for her. If there's not another level to this story, I may toss my TV out the window in a blind rage.

I FF all the Kristen and Brady stuff. I can't stand Kristen. I'll never root for her character. If the "writers" are hell-bent on "redeeming" her they need to stop having her play the victim card. Kristen needs to take responsibility for her actions rather than automatically expecting pity from everyone. A good start would be turning in Steve-ano by telling John & co. about his visit. Such an action would prove she can do the right thing when she has nothing to gain.

Last edited:
Thanks, JS.

Since Mickey just had a bone marrow transplant, shouldn't people who visit her
be wearing protective items so she won't get sick?

I wonder who Evan's lawyer is? We know it isn't Justin because Evan is out
on bail :)

Kristen got a copy of Rachel's death certificate. We found out the baby was born and
died on May 12. Last year, May 12 was Mother's Day.

Why is Victor so worried about Maggie going to prison? He could pay off a judge.

Victor told Xander to stop being "Mr Nice Guy".

Wow, they are just determined to shove Brady and Kristen down our throats now, aren't they? Does John know that Brady is with Kristen? Seriously, it's been 10 months and she is starting to forget Rachel? I personally have not experienced the loss of a child, thank god, but I have relatives that have. And they NEVER forget the baby they lost. Just shows what a piece of crap she really is.

I wish the baby switch would come out already. I love how they make it seem like something is going to be said, go to commercial and then nope, that wasn't said. I also love how now Sarah and Eric are together and it's just as friends. Used to be they couldn't be together without lusting over each other. Ahh, a birthmark. And Kristen remembers it. Is that what is going to bring it out? But, poo. Guess that means it is Rachel and not a random third child.

They better let Ben out. Of course knowing Salem they will probably put him right back in the death chamber.

Back