Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 5, 2020

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Interrogation Room: Shawn-D is dealing with Gi-Nope. (Have they been in this room for days?) He has an MRI scheduled for her, she tries to stonewall.

Police Station: Kate is talking on her phone with her lawyer, who let her stew for "3 nights" in jail. She's sure she'll be exonerated because her situation is so laughable. She is about to stalk out when Jennifer enters to stop her. Jennifer berates her for her compliance with Gi-Nope and the Faux-nix (just trying it out, folks), even accusing Kate of knowing Gi-Nope attacked her. Kate denies this, her info couldn't have helped, etc. Then they recap the Kayla kidnapping; Kate is sure that Steve/Kayla's love is strong enough to work this out. Jennifer updates Kate that Bill has died. Kate is struck, wants to go to the funeral, but she was locked up; Kate begins to get emotional and zips out.

DiMansion: Chad reads Steve-aNO's note in front of the Phoenix's portrait. Jack enters; Abby didn't return with him, as she is helping JJ get settled. (JJ is visiting Theo and getting straightened out. Because Africa is one place.) Abby will be home soon. (Charlotte put Chad's phone in the dishwasher so this is news to him.) Jack asks about Chad's father being in his brother's body. Jack is a bit relieved that Steve didn't turn his back on the family. Chad shows him the Phoenix ring, Jack (eventually) tells Chad to run and stay far from the influence of his evil father.

Dingy Warehouse: Kayla pleads with Steve-aNO, hoping to retrieve Patch. Steve-aNO (whose accent is getting worse by the minute, in my opinion) insists that he will win over Marlena by brainwashing/reprogramming her, and taunts Kayla with the idea that her beloved will be with Marlena.

Pub: Roman, Hattie, John, and Justin discuss their plan to distract Steve-aNO long enough to get the drop on him by using Hattie-as-Marlena. Roman doesn't like the idea; Marlena has entered and agreed with her ex-husband. She must be the bait. Later, Marlena has recapped the Statesville Security Breach. They pull back to topic, which is the double-double plot. John feels they can't enlist Hattie again, but Hattie is now taking this personally because Steve-aNO tried to kill her. Despite her feelings, Justin, John, and Marlena leave.

Warehouse Exterior: John thinks Marlena's brave. Justin and Marlena enter the warehouse. Meanwhile inside, Steve-aNO is going over his plan on the phone when he hears the pair enter. Justin transfers the money. The Faux-nix recognizes the real Marlena, who claims to be here of her own free will. She knows that if she gives herself to Steve-aNO, he'll stop hurting those she loves.

Pub: Roman berates Kate for her complicity with "Stefano and Gina." Kate defends herself with lies, claiming she thought they were stressed. Roman lays in again, Kate has heard it all, doesn't need it from him, too. In the background, Hattie is listening. Roman tells Kate to get out, she's fired. Hattie intervenes because she believes Kate. Roman pushes back, holds firm. Kate doesn't care, but wants consideration for the night. Roman wants her out now, pinning her compliance with Steve-aNO as responsible for Kayla's dire straits now. (And pointing out that Steve-aNO is no more Steve than Gi-Nope was Hope when she put Jennifer in a coma.) Roman stays strong, despite Kate's attempts to change the subject as she notices Roman's upset about his rudeness to Hattie.

Police Station: Shawn-D apologizes to Jennifer for Gi-Nope's actions. Jennifer wants to talk to the prisoner before she's hauled off for an MRI. Inside, more of the same, until Gi-Nope mentions she was thinking of eliminating Abby, at which point Jennifer jumps bodily on the table and starts shaking Gi-Nope. Sadly, Shawn-D intervenes and removes Jennifer from the room. Jennifer regrets entering the room. Gi-Nope blusters; Shawn-D transports her (un-handcuffed) out of the station.

DiMansion: Chad is reading the note, which includes mention of Andre but is otherwise drivel. Chad is seemingly affected by the words "la famiglia" in the note.

Pub: Kate is leaving with her rolling bag, tosses an apron at Roman. Hattie is affected, Kate's the best friend she ever had. They both know Kate will be OK.

Hospital: Gi-Nope is protesting as Shawn-D drags her to the MRI, hopeful that his mother will be saved.

Police Station: Jack arrives, Jennifer was too upset to drive. Jack assures her that Stefano won't win; Hope and Steve are strong. Jennifer says that nobody they love is safe while any Stefano is about.

DiMansion: Chad hears Steve-aNO's voice, bidding him to put on the ring, which he does.

Warehouse: Marlena worries as Steve-aNO holds a knife to Kayla's throat. Where is John? (He's outside, unconscious.) Back inside, with a gun to Kayla's head, Steve-aNO accepts Marlena's hand.

Last edited:
Ugh I could have done without seeing Princess Gina. This madness needs to stop. It is not a good story. I honestly do not understand these writers. Jennifer was funny though, when she said to Shawn: "I won't let her get to me" then 2 minutes later she's lunging over the table to try to get her.

I am glad Roman kicked Kate out but I am sure he will forgive her in time.

So what happened to John? Did Rolf do that? Gina getting an MRI. But really this madness has to end!!!

Thank you, Jason!

Hopefully, Gina/Hope doesn't escape, and the MRI shows the chip. This story can't end soon enough for me.

The fake accents on Days are horrendous no matter who is doing them. It is especially bad when they're trying to do the voice of an actor who was well loved.

Oh Lordy, do we now have to watch Chad under a drug induced spell for months on end? :angry: I was hoping that was a quick drug the drink thing for a couple shows and done.

Does that chip have metal in it? I'm going to assume it's a medical-grade implant that won't fly out of her skin when they power up the MRI. Or maybe it will, and we can be done with Princess Gina.

Just as we're wrapping up that mind control storyline, we're going down the same road with Chad. When will the madness end?

Please, please, please do not tell me Rolf figures he will put Stefano's chip (or a 2nd one) into John so that Marlena would be more receptive??? Someone needs to check Ron, as with the time jump, the stories are just madness, over the top madness.

In the interest of full disclosure, I fell asleep during part of today's episode, but did see enough nonsense to have a few comments.

Exercise in futility: When will foolish Jenny ever learn that her idiotic confrontations are a total waste of time? She never gets any satisfaction from the object of her outrage and at the end, she's just as frustrated as she was before she ran her big mouth.

Interesting idea: Today, the theoretical idea of Hattie wringing Steve-ano's neck came up. That would make for a great scene that many viewers might pay good money to watch.

Cut to the chase: Why is Shawn D. wasting his time talking the ridiculous Princess Gina (with or without the accent)? After all, she's not a real person. Instead, he ought to have s Salem court declare her incompetent, and then have her stashed in Bayview where the staff could thoroughly probe her anatomy for some demonic device crafted by Dr. Rolf.

[Marlena] knows that if she gives herself to Steve-aNO...
For a woman pushing seventy (if not already there) she sure thinks highly of her sex appeal. Of course, we are talking about an old man possibly in his mid-eighties or older. Yes, I know people still have sex at those ages, but Marlena's comment just struck me as funny. :)

The fake accents on Days are horrendous no matter who is doing them.
I agree. Does anyone remember Bo Brady's BAD Russian accent? I still shudder at that one.

Oh Lordy, do we now have to watch Chad under a drug induced spell for months on end? :angry:
Maybe they'll do another flash forward and we won't have to watch it that long.

Last edited:
Thank you Kathy Lou!!! I've been screaming abut all these senior citizens acting like teenagers. To some of the above comments---I laughed out loud.

So, since "Princess Gina" does not exist and is not real, how can she have a lawyer and what are they charging her with - just pushing Jenn off the balcony? And, yes, she is just living in Hope's body so this whole thing is beyond ridiculous. I think the time jump was a huge waste of time.

Thanks, Jason.

Was la familia the word to put Chad in trance? Wasn't la familia used before
for something like that?

Hopefully, Abby will be back soon and realizes there is something wrong
with Chad.

Roman fired Kate and made her move out. Kate realized Roman was
worried about how he treated Hattie

Stevano told Kayla she was extremely irritating.

Good scenes with Shawn. The windup doll line was funny

I wish Jennifer treated Kate the way she treated "Gina"

Back