Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 7, 2020

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Private back area: Ben and Ciara have taken a test run on the bike. Ben is so talented. They talk about Stefan-or-is-it-Jake. Ben is happy for a second chance with someone he thought of as a friend.

Nursing Station: Justin can't meet Kayla for lunch (he's meeting his boss), but will meet her for dinner. He goes to check on Victor. Marlena comes in, asks about Steve. She feels his discharge was premature. Kayla couldn't do any more for his eye, so he'd be better off recuperating at home. With Hope. They jabber about this.

Hope's: Steve wakes up, sees the SteveaNO portrait. Crossfade to DiMansion, where Gabi is staring at the Stefano portrait and experiencing a flashback of assaulting Jake. She rationalizes that if Stefano can return as Steve, Stefan could return as Jake.

Mechanic Shop: Jake is having a flashback. Later he is reading the town tablet (a story about Gabi donating Stefan's heart) and smirking. Back at the DiMansion, Gabi is talking to Stefano's portrait about his son being alive; Chad enters, they change snipes about which of them might have drugged Abby. She is determined to prove Stefan is alive.

Hope's (though it doesn't look like any of the set pieces in her home): Steve is affronted by the painting. Hope explains she painted it, impersonating Gina as she does so. She's Hope, but they're surrounded by the phony Phoenix and ersatz princess's possessions. This was all apparently evidence, which the police have dropped off now that Stefano is "truly dead."

Hospital: Ciara enters Victor's empty room. Asks Justin what's going on. Soap stares.

Ben returns, Jake tells him he was just reading about "my wife", laughing, commenting that it was a newspaper article, He jokes about Stefan being killed protecting his ol lady, tells how the guy's wife came and assaulted him..........in walks Gabi. Here she is now. Snarks exchanged, Gabi still insisting she will prove he is really Stefan. He starts throwing her out, grabbing her arm, she trips with the stupid spike heels, falls. Later, he is in another room, with a first aid kit, she hurt her arm or something, she makes lots of snarky comments, he fixes her up, wipes the scratch. In the shop, Ben is working, 2 goons come in, calling him Jake, He is not Jake, Ben, extends his hand. The goons ignore that, know he is Jake, want him to give them something. Ben has no idea what they are talking about. They know how to deal with him, grab a crow bar.

Meanwhile, Justin has talked with Kayla about lingering feelings for Steve, and then Marlena does the same. Lots of blah, blah.

At Hope's, Steve & Hope destroy the Steveano painting with the pose like Stefano's. She also throws the tiara away, they later are drinking (him a beer, she has wine) toasting to being friends, and Stefano & Gina gone forever.

Ciara had been at hospital to visit Victor, room empty, Justin there, but Vic is o.k., just out for tests. She fills him in on various things. She goes back to the shop to meet up with Ben, he is on the floor, out cold.

Somewhere in there Chad is trying to get answers...from Kayla, Marlena, about the drug, (telling how she hallucinated Stefan being there) the prognosis for Abby. However, he later is upset, Abby is gone.

Also thought it looked much different...........Hope's house

Steve didn't look like his portrait had been there when he went to sleep. Why would Hope get it out and set it there for him to see as he awakened? I'm still not totally convinced that Gina is gone. I hope so but she doesn't seem like it.

I thought Justin was a jerk! Totally picked that fight with Kayla.

Poor Ben. If these guys were looking for Jake wouldn't they know what he looks like? And they didn't make a ruckus beating the crap out of Ben? Jake and Gabi didn't hear a thing?

Where has Abby gone? To find Jake. No idea how she would know about him but I can see it happening.

Also thought it looked much different (Hope's house)
Went back and looked, and compared against old pictures, and it looks like they used pieces of Hope's living room and assembled them differently (and painted). But those walls were definitely part of Hope's usual living room. Maybe this was supposed to be a den in her house.

Hope said the police had come by while Steve was sleeping, and dropped off all this "evidence" since Stefano & Princess Gina were gone. (personally, thought that was asinine statement, but only in Salem, once again!) Thus her tiara, Stefano's cigar, (both in that brown paper bag) the portrait........cops supposedly said they did not need this "evidence any longer"

Hope said the police had come by while Steve was sleeping, and dropped off all this "evidence" since Stefano & Princess Gina were gone. (personally, thought that was asinine statement, but only in Salem, once again!) Thus her tiara, Stefano's cigar, (both in that brown paper bag) the portrait........cops supposedly said they did not need this "evidence any longer"
That was pretty ridiculous. Why in the world would Steve and Hope even want that stuff?

Was funny, though, when the tiara kind of bounced off the set wall when she threw it. Would've been better had she crushed it.

Gabi: She really shouldn't bother talking to Stefano's portrait. In life, he wouldn't have given her the time of day, so there's no chance she'll get any extrasensory feedback from her one-way talk with a painting.

Jake: He really might be onto something by suggesting a Rolf muppet. It would fit right in with Count von Count and Oscar the Grouch.

Hope & Steve: Fie on them for destroying the Steve-ano portrait. They could have donated it to the Horton Center, which could have auctioned it off. Surely, there must be enough Salemites interested in bad art for there to be a successful bidding. (That painting seemed like a cheap print. The way it was so easily ripped apart, it looked as if it was printed on paper rather than painted on canvas.)

Steve & Kayla: Please make it stop. (Wasn't yesterday's Rexy-Sarah show bad enough?) Why can't these two put their respective exes in the rear-view mirror and get on with life?

Dumb criminals: Only in Salem would some crook send out a couple of thugs to work somebody over without giving them some idea of what their target looks like.

Gotta say, Gina's tiara bouncing off that garage door, and then Hope says something about it breaking. LOL. Did not see that at all. Maybe when it hit the ground behind the fence that was protecting the dumpsters. LOL

I appreciate the write-ups today as there is something wrong with my NBC channel The sound is a good 30 behind the picture, so it was really hard to know what was being said. It better clear up!!:sad:

I'm not loving Steve acting like he's a martyr which is the vibe I'm getting at least. And Justin obviously knows that Kayla is just trying to convince herself that she's happy with this decision. I know it won't happen but I've shifted from wanting Justin to fight for Kayla and now I want Kayla to fight for Justin. Like really move on from Steve and then prove it to Justin.

It was definitely the set for Hope's house. Looks like it was repainted and re-dressed in lighter colors, though.
Wonder when we will see those drapes on Gabi or Kristen?
Gotta say, Gina's tiara bouncing off that garage door,
Like the ivy crawling up the wall outside of the pub without a trunk into the ground.

So, Jake is obviously not Jake. But who is he?

And, do we care?

I thought it was odd that Hope put the picture for Steve to see when he woke up, too. And I also had the anvil thought with the "truly dead" remark.
It was definitely the set for Hope's house.
Thanks, I am not a prop-spotter by any means so I appreciate the doublecheck. I just knew it wasn't the living room, LOL.

Case in point to my mention in another thread of the writers reacting to what's airing on-screen: The Stefan/Gabi relationship was getting serious last May-June-July and fans were (mostly) loving it. Now he's back. The taping schedule strikes again.

So, Jake is obviously not Jake. But who is he?
So, I am dense, I guess. What leads you to that conclusion?
So far, to me, he is Jake. Yes, he looks like Stefan, but that is all. He speaks differently, and the only thing I noted was that as he read about Stefan & Gabi, smiled/smirked, it was as if he was thinking of something he might be able to do, take advantage of......

My conclusion is based on two pieces of evidence:
1. He had no job history prior to ...whatever day it was a few days before last Thursday.
2. People who "know" Jake do not seem to know what he looks like.

This leads me to two possibilities:
1. Ron Carlivati (head writer) is doing something incredibly novel and creative.
2. The identity "Jake" is phony.

I will hedge my bets on the latter based on my experience being disappointed expecting the former.

Back