Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 7, 2020

Thanks for all the summaries! I have been watching 'on demand', since the regularly scheduled Days has been consistently pre-empted for Covid-19 info, so I'm always a day behind what is happening. I really appreciate you all at the Spectator!!!!!:love:

Thanks, Jason and Poirot.

Why is Gabi still living in the DiMera mansion? I thought she was supposed to move out.

I was shocked when Kayla told Marlena she wanted Steve to go back where he came
from since he didn't have a place to live.

Why was Steve sleeping on the couch? Didn't Bo and Hope's house have extra bedrooms?

Two steps forward, three steps back. That’s what Days seems to be doing. The stories seem to stall or go backwards. It’s almost tiring to watch and it’s certainly predictable. Sigh

Steve was probably taking a nap, & people do take naps on sofas, doze off while on them. Nothing odd about that.

However, we do not know if Jake had any prior work history, or if he just recently came to town. People do move to other towns for really......no apparent reason. (Just think of those Golden Girls, Dorothy left Brooklyn, Blanche left Atlanta, and Rose suddenly left St. Olaf, MN. All going to a town where they knew no one, had no place to live, in Florida.....etc. etc. ) Yes, he could have had a different name. Maybe he had some plastic surgery, so whoever is after him would not recognize him. ??? I don't care, as long as he is NOT Stefan. :):)

Poirot, I didn't think about him taking a nap. I kept thinking Hope's room sort of
look like Rafe's

Gotta say, Gina's tiara bouncing off that garage door, and then Hope says something about it breaking. LOL. Did not see that at all. Maybe when it hit the ground behind the fence that was protecting the dumpsters. LOL
I doubt it broke. Instead, it probably it just bounced around a bit before hitting the ground behind the dumpsters and disturbing the Salem rats. After all, it was probably some cheap plastic thing, studded with rhinestones, that was meant for a child, which Stefano picked up at a F.W. Woolworth five-and-dime back in the 1970s.

However, we do not know if Jake had any prior work history
Partially possible - on the 4/30/2020 episode he implied he had no work history. (I checked a transcript.) He actually said his boss hadn't known his work history a few days prior.

As to The Golden Girls, they actually do explain why Rose and Blanche lived there. I'll admit Dorothy is never explained outright, and that it has been subject of fan speculation for decades, but it isn't a great leap to consider that someone 50+ moved south in the 1980s. Even my staunchly middle class grandparents considered it, and were snowbirds for a while after taking an early retirement.

Back to Stefan-or-is-it-Jake-or-someone-else: I understand why you do not want it to be Stefan; but in this case, I do, because the writers wasted a great resource and pairing by shooting Stefan in the throat after the recast. We have to live with the tape delay, which means sometimes the writers have to use their BIG eraser. :) They are playing it cagey while they watch fan reaction from the past.

Too much to hope that they'll learn their lesson about killing off characters? LOL

Partially possible - on the 4/30/2020 episode he implied he had no work history. (I checked a transcript.) He actually said his boss hadn't known his work history a few days prior.
So call me crazy, but if I handed someone a résumé and they said, "I don't know anything about your work history," I'd assume they were insane. So I made the leap to assume Jake hadn't provided his boss with any.

I am probably over-analyzing, since Ron's plan is just to keep us guessing while he thinks of his next idea.

You are again assuming Ron even thinks of ideas. It does seem he goes over old tapes of the show, and scripts he wrote for other shows, then changes a couple things around, adapting for present characters???? But, you are probably right about his feeble attempts to keep us guessing. He just takes so long, we usually come up with the answer/reason, etc. long before it finally gets revealed.

Does Steve sleep with his eye patch on? And is it unusual for someone to have a big eye chart on the wall in their room, as Jake did?
To me, looked like Steve was just taking a nap. So I can see him leaving the patch on for that.

I thought the same exact thing about Jake's room having the eye chart!

Back