Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Feb. 27, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just hi-lights........Sarah reams out Xander for keeping the secret of Maggie's involvement in Adrienne's death. This is after she says Mickey is being readied for the marrow transplant.

But Gabi has flounced over to the DiMansion, still in her white dress, bragging about being out. Chad reams her out for using a baby's life as get out of jail free card. She snarks this is her home, (after he tells her to go) & she is confident Shin will reinstate her since all charges dropped. Stevano has been secretly listening thru whole thing. Chad leaves, he comes out, scares her, then gives her what for over all she did, including seducing his son. She blathers "love of her life", he doesn't buy it. Tells her he could've done much more than scare her, when he came up behind her, warning her not to cause problems.

Earlier, Justin has the money (we don't see how) Stevano arrives, but won't give Kayla up until Justin gets him one more thing.

Ben talks to Will about last meal, and in a few hours he will be executed. Will tells of Maggie coming in to confess. Sonny has rushed to tell Evan this news, that Will did not kill his mother.

Ciara talks to Ben, is still hopeful. When Rafe arrives, he has not heard yet, then gets call from court about mail he has not responded to, but he never got. Flashbacks galore today. He goes to see Evan, tells about missing letters, Evan plays dumb. Rafe asks what he is hiding. Nothing. Then why did you change your name. Ciara answers phone in Rafe's office, learns from the gal researching David's DNA there is a match, for Christian Maddox. She calls Ben to tell him about Christian Maddox just as Rafe is telling Evan that is Evan's real name.

Maggie goes to see Justin, apologizing all over the place.

Sonny calls Whitney, asking her to pick up Ari from school. Hears the door. Turns, there stands Will. Big grin on Sonny.

Sorry, more details will come when Jason posts later on.

Ok so yesterday ended with Sarah and Eric at police station when Xander and Maggie come in with her saying I'm turning myself in. Today starts with Sarah at hospital and Xander saying I've been looking for you and she knows nothing about Maggie.

Was funny when Gabi called him Steveano. Wish he would take care of her though.

This Ben story is ridiculous. Hours until he's executed but still making phone calls. Christian Maddox sounds familiar. Was Maddox Stefan's real name?

So two questions. Didn't Steveano put something in Chad's drink yesterday? And not sure why I just noticed, but what happened to Rafe's house? I think for a while I was thinking that place was David's.

Yes, Stevano put something in Chad's drink. Chad talks to Abby on phone, saying getting lousy sleep, weird dreams. Flashback of him doing so today.

And not sure why I just noticed, but what happened to Rafe's house? I think for a while I was thinking that place was David's.
Rafe's house had been Maggie's old house, but we only saw the kitchen. Since the flash-forward and Evan being David's nanny, we've been seeing that living room/sitting room.

Did you mean you thought it was Evan's apartment/house?

Thanks for the Chad info, I must have zoned out there.

Ah yes I meant I thought that was Evan's apartment. Got the names crossed. I admittedly fast forward through a lot of his scenes so I guess since it wasn't Rafe's place I just assumed it was Evan's. I finally noticed today when Rafe was looking at the mail. Did they ever make a mention of this move? I liked that someone had a house.

Justin: So he caved to Steve-ano's demands. Since when is the Kiriakis family so spineless when it comes to the DiMeras? Recall when Victor ordered the kidnapping of Stefano and had him held in one of Salem's many empty warehouses while withholding his badly-needed meds. Yes, the plan failed, but Victor had no fear of Stefano and his relatives and was never the target of any revenge plots.

Ciara: In addition to badgering Rafe, she ought to be in contact with a real lawyer (not the hapless Justin) about getting a stay of execution for Ben on the grounds that the discovery of sold new exculpatory evidence was highly likely.

Gabi: So she wants to burn her hooker-style wedding dress? This is the best idea that she's had in months.

Steve-ano: He continues to disappoint as the faux Phoenix. Sure he threatened Gaba-Gaba today, but the element of utter terror was missing. The real Stefano would have frightened Gabi so badly that her face would have been whiter than her bizarre "wedding dress."

Evan: His real name is Christian Maddox? At least the writers got a little original and refrained from using "Stark' again.

When Ciara told Ben the name, did anyone think that Ben might have had a "memory" reaction? (yes, I have vivid imagination. LOL)

I hated that they used so many flashbacks (un-needed) to avoid scenes we should have seen. Like, Justin convincing Victor to come with that much money. Like Will being told he is free, and a goodbye between Ben & Will. Like Clyde being upset Ben is back in prison. Like Sonny going FIRST to tell his dad that it was not Will who caused the accident, not Evan.

Thanks for the summary and all the comments!

So they just took Maggie's foggy memories as evidence and let Will out of prison immediately? Wow! I guess Xander and Victor backed up her story about her being at the scene but still, that doesn't seem like it proves she was the one who caused the accident.

And you are 100% correct. This is the fallacy of this storyline. We all talk of the inept Salem police, but this storyline is ridiculous. I live in tiny town. America. Was involved in an accident some years ago where I was injured, but the person at fault was killed. Horrible, just horrible. I can still remember it all so clearly, tho 20 years ago. And yet, the police were on the ball, taking statements from witnesses, measuring brake streaks on road, pics of cars....well, I just compare that experience to this story. And I am sure there are other viewers who have experienced something, who have done the same when a storyline involves whatever happened with them.

I hate that currently, Days doesn't seem to do any sort of research, just writes whatever, seemingly with the mindset......it's a soap! Who cares?

Prison: Ben calls Ciara (who's at the Kmansion). He is going to be executed today. Ciara is sure they have leverage, because David's DNA has proven that his father was at Jordan's murder scene. Rafe and the FBI are cross-checking the found DNA with the criminal database. (At this point, we should just forget that it took the allegedly-brilliant Ciara a year to come up with this theory.) Ben is sure his time is out, while Ciara is sure that this is the thing that will finally free him. He promises to call her every hour, her optimism will give him hope. Will comes in, is shocked that Maggie has turned herself in. (A guard told him, thanks to a connection at Salem PD.) Will can't believe this is happening, but will miss his murderer, and wishes he were getting out, too. Ben is doubtful; Will is optimistic. Ben asks him to help out with his meal request, they talk about Ciara, their first date was Chinese food (which is an option for his last meal). He gets Will to promise to look after Ciara if there isn't a miracle for him, too.

Rafe's: Rafe and Evan talk about Gabi's release; Rafe says she has a way of getting out of trouble. Rafe is looking for something in the mail, long flashback of Evan destroying the background letter, he denies there is any missing mail. Rafe is anxious about the adoption paperwork, Evan offers to do some digging, but Rafe declines.

Hospital: Xander is waiting, Sarah is there, she's happy about the marrow donor even though it is "Gabi Hernandez" (don't you love how everyone says everyone's full name all the time on soaps?). Xander has important news about Maggie. Later, she's heard the whole thing, and she's angry that Xander let Will go up the river and lose his marriage, while her mom faced the truth. Xander doesn't bother to mention that Will confessed on his own (at first), but does launch into why he and Victor had to protect Maggie. He defends his choices, including that Will gave himself up.

Kayla's: Justin is calling about the transfer of funds. He has a long flashback of Steve-aNO's negotiations. He's worried that the money's ready for the kidnapper but Kayla's not back. There's a knock at the door, but it's Maggie. Maggie wants to apologize, but it's not a good time; Maggie can't wait, and laments her being out on bail. She begs to speak with him. He allows her in. She does a long apology, doesn't want absolution, plans to defy Victor and plead guilty. She wants to apologize to Kayla, too, this angers Justin. Maggie leaves.

DiMansion Corner: Chad is talking with Abby. He's been having crazy dreams, she and the kids will video chat tonight. He is worried about Steve-aNO's next move, and sipping from a green mug with greener trim. Steve-aNO appears behind him through a secret panel. Chad finishes the call as his "fatha" creepily observes and has a flashback to yesterday's new flashback. Gabi comes in, sure that Chad would like to know she's free. She feels Stefano would be proud of her, she had all charges dropped. They have an original discussion about who owns the house, and who should get out of it, which criminal should run DiMera, etc. Chad leaves. Steve-aNO overacts as he surprises her, and then chews the scenery as he chews the fat with Gabi, who threatens to call the police. A bit of back and forth, Gabi hates Vivian (who's responsible for Stefan's death), Steve-aNO regrets not meeting his son, let's make a deal. He lays into how Gabi manipulated his son after Gabi broke his heart. She stands tall against him, he fights back, will not let her have his company. He could have been harsher when he surprised her, he advises, so do not "cross me."

Rafe's: Sonny has arrived, Evan wants to give him donuts. Sonny lets right out with the news that Will is innocent, Maggie killed Sonny's mom. Sonny explains how Will's assumptions apparently convicted him of a crime. (Only in Salem.) Evan is shocked, what does this mean for us? (I could be crazy, but he actually looks a little hurt.) Sonny cares for Evan, that's why he had to tell him in person, but Will...; Evan knows, he's the love of Sonny's life.

Police Station: Ciara rushes in, Rafe's contact is testing every database, it will take a while. She gets upset, tries to light a fire under him; Rafe gets a call, but it's about the adoption letters he didn't get. Rafe tells her that it's about Evan's background, HE FLASHES BACK TO THE EARLIER SCENE, has to go be with his kid. He'll have his contact call Ciara.

DiMansion: Gabi is a bit shaken after the encounter with the old creep. Chad enters, surprised she's still there. She had a visitor. He's mad that she didn't call the police; she tells him Steve-aNO wants the company for himself, sends him to the passageway. There's a note with a ring, telling Chad that the time has come for Chad to know of his father's plan.

Kayla's: Steve-aNO arrives, Justin won't give him a penny until Kayla is home.

Hospital: Sarah understands what Xander did, but reminds him lies have a way of being exposed. He promises, no more lies. She worries about additional legal complications for Xander & Victor's role in the cover up, and can't believe Maggie killed Adrienne. Maggie appears; can you forgive me?

Police Station: Ciara gets a call from Rafe's contact.

Rafe's: Evan wonders if Sonny and Will can pick up where they left off; Sonny hasn't spoken to Will, but felt Evan deserved to know. Rafe enters; Sonny wants answers about Will, Rafe doesn't have time now, but will get them. He needs to speak to Evan. Alone. Rafe asks about the mail again, Evan denies, Rafe knows he's lying because he changed his name.

Kmansion: Sonny calls Whitney to pick Ari up from school. Will enters the Kmansion.

Prison: Ben gets a call from Ciara. David's father had a criminal record, and they know his name.

Rafe's: Evan denies changing his name. Rafe says that Evan is really Christian Maddox.

Police Station: Ciara reveals to Ben that David's father is Christian Maddox. END

OOOhhhh, thank you , Jason...........good work.....bless your heart! Lots of blanks filled in, but questions remain!

At least the writers got a little original and refrained from using "Stark' again.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I guess Xander and Victor backed up her story about her being at the scene but still, that doesn't seem like it proves she was the one who caused the accident.
I'm assuming they're doing this for some larger reveal.
seemingly with the mindset......it's a soap! Who cares?
Me, too. They're actively telling us to stop watching. Why should we watch today if it won't matter in 2 months?

Thanks, Jason and Poirot.

It's a new day in Salem. It must be causal Friday because it's Ben execution
day and some people are wearing casual clothes.

Rafe clothes reminded me of someone in "Grease". I finally figured out why Gabi's
dress looked familiar. Her dress reminds me of the dress a woman wore at the
Oscars. It looked like a swan.

Surprised to see Will enter the K-mansion at the end.

Poor Xander. Sarah told him no more lies. Too late he still has one she probably
find out sooner than later.

I enjoyed Gabi with Stevano. She even said Steve-an-o (how closed captioning
spelled it). Gabi told Chad later she was with his body snatching dad.

Interesting they had today's cliffhanger with Rafe and Ciara both saying Evan's real
name. Is the information in time to save Ben? It's Salem, what do you think? :)

Back