Days of Our Lives - Thurs., July 12, 2018

Boring episode but it seemed to be setting up stuff

Oh boy, when Brady finds out what Eve and Victor did, Eve’s a goner.

This would be the only thing to save the story for me. And he can permanently disown Victor too.

Also, is the hospital so backwards that the test results are not available online for Abigail to check, and Kayla wrote a prescription for Gabi instead of having it sent to the pharmacy electronically?

My hospital has been attempting to go electronic for several years now but still isn't fully there. I can receive communications from my doctor via the system but can't pay a bill online or access my records, even though the system is set up for it. Prescriptions I get both ways.

The show needs to stop with this unrealistic medical stuff. Nobody walks into an ER and then decides to see the Chief of Staff on a whim. Also, what exactly is the connection between Gabi and Kayla? I can't recall the last time they shared a scene. And I agree that Gabi should not have been left alone in the office but then again, the exam should have been done in an exam room. And the nurse shouldn't have left the envelope.

Props to Gabi though for asking about Joey. That was a nice and unexpected beat.

Jennifer and Eric no longer work for me.

My health system has had electronic records for over ten years now. I can log into my record to see test results from the lab, email my doctor with questions, or order prescriptions online to either be mailed to me or picked up in the pharmacy.

There are also no longer paper files that go to the doctor's office when there is an appointment. Everything the doctor accesses is through their electronic system. It just annoys me when I see the paper files that Kayla or other doctors use at the hospital.

Same here, Jen, and I live in very small town America. In the exam room, is a computer, which has a password that is changed every day. Nurse comes in, puts it on, takes BP, enters, asks a few questions, etc. She shuts it down before leaving, and doctor comes in, he logs into it, everything about me is there. If we mention something from 5 years ago, he checks it on there.

Surprises me that in Salem, where everyone no longer ever uses a landline, or even a desktop computer, relying completely on laptops, which they seem to take with them everywhere, lol, that the hospital would be so behind the times. But then, tis a soap, and important that paper files be handy for docs to look at and frown, or for people to take a look at files of other people.

Salem seems to use electronic records when it suits the plot. Remember when Marlena looked up Kayla's exam on Abby when she first diagnosed the DID.

Again, I think electronic records are dependent on the medical system you visit. Not every uses them yet or uses them fully. So, I'm not going to fault the show on this one as I don't think it's entirely mainstream yet.

Granted, but Kayla is Chief of Staff, and has left medical files open on counters, desks, etc. constantly. Yeah, da Plot, da Plot! No one calls her on it......and she keeps doing it. And then leaving patients in her office, with private info all over the place.

And since when would staff leave anything on the Chief's desk with a patient sitting there? Even when my dr.'s office did everything by hand, with file folders left outside the door.........that was NEVER done. Dr. Tom Horton, we really miss you!

It was kinda funny too. When Kayla left her office she left the door wide open. But when the young lady with the test results came, the door was shut and she knocked before entering.

Yes, they do whatever is needed to fit the plot. Didn't Tripp use an electronic device from the nurses station when he was trying to get Kayla in trouble?

Didn't Tripp use an electronic device from the nurses station when he was trying to get Kayla in trouble?
Yep. And later it turned out there really was some system glitch with the hospital's computer and that's what Seth Burns used to clear Kayla of the charges. He didn't know it was Tripp who had changed the info using the tablet.

Back