Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Nov. 9, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, November 9, 2017

In the Pub, Roman is gazing at a childhood pic of Will, Sami comes in, yada, yada. Marlena has arrived, Sami is going on over looking for answers about Will, she knows Susan is a liar, and it all doesn’t make sense that Rolf would say he brought Will back to life, then kill himself because he had a crush on Susan. Sami intends to keep looking for answers, and rushes out. Roman & Marlena shake their heads, cannot imagine what Sami will do next, but whatever it is, there is no stopping her.

At the Kmansion, Brady is gloating over having gotten rid of Eve, Victor puts the kibosh on that. Brady wants his job back, Vic cites most of the items viewers have already thought about. What if Eve has an alibi, then YOU will be the suspect. Brady is disclaiming, but Victor points out all the fallacies of his plan.

At the club, Lucas is drowning his sorrows again, Chloe comes in, takes away his drink, tries to talk him out of his pity party to no avail. His son is dead, Adrienne dumped him…..twice, first was really Bonnie, then Adrienne for real. Chloe gets a call, has to leave.

And down at the cop shop, Eve is rather smug, spouting off to the cops about her innocence, talking of wanting her lawyer (Justin) who is out of town. Rafe & Eli are pretty calm, Eve is rather snippy, claims she has no idea where she was on June 29th. Asks Eli if knows where he was. Rafe does know where he was, though. LOL. In comes Chloe, who now learns of her friend Eve’s marriage to Deimos. She is surprised Eve never told her. Turns out, both women were in NY, Chloe had tickets to some opera, went with Eve, they even took selfies backstage after. Oops, iron clad albi for Eve.

Later, Rafe says to Eli he knew Eve did not do it, but by taking her down to the station, got both her and the amulet out of the house. Eve would never have opened her bag if she had the amulet, so, it was planted by someone else.

Now Sami bulldozes her way in, despite the fact this is a police station, and detectives are working. She has to talk to Rafe right now. Eli goes to chat with Eve for a bit (more of all that same convo about the amulet being planted, and by someone in the K mansion, not Henderson, he has worked for Vic for so many years by always following orders.

Sami & Rafe go to the park, (I swear Salem must be under a dome, leaves are green, citizens never even have on a warm jacket, despite it being November). Turns out Sami figures the only way to get the right answer is by having Will’s body exhumed, & while she WAS ready to have John & Paul arrested for it, she did not have all the info she has now. She reminds Rafe he was there when they lost Grace, knows how that feels. Was also there when they found Sydney.

Chad & Abby try to get some info from Theo to no avail, leave, talk over the situation with the company. Chad is suspicious of Andre, Abby convinced Andre would not betray Chad, he loves him, Thomas, and would not sabotage the company he wants to control himself.

Kate is on phone at DiMansion, learns they lost another deal, Andre comes in, reporting someone outbid him on the deal he was working on. Kate is upset, and very short with Andre.

She leaves, goes over to Theo’s, has changed her mind, decided they do need to break into that bldg.. down on the docks, asks Theo if he is still on to do it.

Chad comes home, sees Andre, wants to know if he is the one causing problems for the company.

Chloe comes into the club, tells Lucas she is calling a cab. Why, I didn’t do anything, he complains. She takes his arm, he is looking around…..for Will, can see him only when he is really drunk, wants to see him. She gently leads him away from the bar.

Eve returns to the K mansion, all smug & snippy, Hello boys, I am back. Brady, make me a double scotch, that real expensive stuff I never could afford before. Brady & Victor are mostly silent as Eve chirps with a smile about being friends with Chloe, going to the opera on June 29th, taking selfies backstage, seems her alibi is iron clad. Meanwhile, one wonders how that amulet got in her bag.

Rafe makes a call, pulls some strings. Hangs up, was able to get permission to dig up Will’s grave. When, Sami asks anxiously. Right now, replies Rafe.

I am especially grateful for this summary today. My TV reception is "lost" and I may not get it back before Days comes on. [Grrr. I signed up for the new fiberoptic service, and apparently it is only those of us with this new service that are experiencing this lost signal. And I'm paying $70 extra for the privilege!!]

Here's a little Q&A about today's events.

Q: Is Abigail's faith in Andre misplaced? A: It's hard to tell since nobody ever trusted him before.

Q: Is Theo's loyalty to Kate a mistake? A: Probably. When was Kate ever loyal to anyone other than herself?

Q: Could Brady be any dumber? A: He seems to have hit rock bottom, but who knows what stupid thing he'll do next.

Q: Is Eli a little slow on the uptake about all things Salem? A: He sure is. He badly needs a crash course on Salem history.

Q: Can dirty looks kill in Salem? A: Apparently not -- Eve survived Victor's best glower and Brady's stink eye.

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed today's show.

I loved Victors quips with Dopey, no idiot, wait his name is Brady.
And PUI, Planning Under the Influence.

Finally, we know Sami's children are with Carrie and Austin.

I don't understand why Chad thinks Theo is working for Andre. Doesn't
he remember Kate lives at the mansion too?

Line of the day goes to Roman. Marlena said she was glad Sami was back.
Roman replied "But how much more of this can we all take?" Was he talking
about the viewers :)

first was really Bonnie, then Adrienne for real
I feel like the second breakup was more of a mutual thing. Lucas felt Adrienne's hesitation, and dropped her before he could get dropped. It seems both Adrienne (initially) and Lucas (currently) feel the same about this breakup as I do.
Rafe does know where he was, though.
Was he hiding another body for his girlfriend? LOL
asks Theo if he is still on to do it.
I'm surprised the DiMeras don't have thugs on call for this sort of thing. I mean, Theo's a computer guy, not a breaking-and-entering guy.
he is looking around…..for Will, can see him only when he is really drunk, wants to see him.
My heart is breaking for Lucas.
Right now, replies Rafe.
Only in Salem.

(I swear Salem must be under a dome, leaves are green, citizens never even have on a warm jacket, despite it being November)
Then again, they dress too warmly for L.A. Maybe it's because I'm used to Wisconsin, but it's sweltering here. Perhaps they should consider relocating the show to Wisconsin. LOL
Marlena mentions them being with Carrie and Austin.
I'm surprised Sami didn't dump them on Caroline again. Any mention of their ages? LOL

Furthermore, shouldn't Eve still have a good deal of royalties from Jack's book? I hate to be morbid, but Paige never made it to Stanford. Did I forget what Eve did with the money? Was she starting a music scholarship? Help my memory!

Thanks for the summary. This might be one of the better episodes this week. So glad that Eve is friends with Chloe and had that alibi. Brady'll need to pour himself a few more drinks by the time this investigation is over, I think! I loved her snarking and gloating to the Kiriakis men. Also, Chloe has really grown on me, with her support for her friends (poor Lucas...). And to think I loathed her when she first appeared and back in 2013. I think she needs more of a storyline, though, instead of just kind of showing up, a la Billie 2012.

I can't help but wonder if Sami and Rafe are going to reunite. I mean, all this history is being brought up, plus he and Hope are having issues (and depending on whether or not what Eli said the other day was true, they might still have more). I wouldn't be opposed to it, as long as it turns into a love triangle between them and Lucas at some point.

This Kate/Andre/Theo thing needs to get moving and wrap up. It's taking very long--at least, much longer than it should and than I expected.

I am starting to think maybe Brady killed Deimos and that is how he got the amulet. Just thinking.

The actress playing Caroline had not been well and has been on a leave of absence. The show has explained that Caroline is now living with Kimberly in California.

LOL at Eve having an alibi with Chloe the night Deimos was murdered and that Brady had introduced the two of them so they were at the same event. As Victor mentioned, Brady did not think this through and he lost his leverage against Nicole if she happened to come back to town or contacted Eric if Brady had been successful in sticking the murder onto Eve. I really hope Rafe and Eli come out after Brady since he had the amulet.

Finally, we find out that Johnny, Allie, and Sydney are with Carrie and Austin. I take it Johnny and Allie were not SORAS'ed with the rest of the kids or there might have been a mention that they were away in college. I am glad they were not stuck in some boarding school while Sami is gallavanting around.

Those kids might be with Carrie & Austin, but it still is school year, they should be in school. Carrie & Austin live in a foreign country. Then again, maybe they came to the U.S. to be with the kids while Sami runs all over. I surely hope they are not being home schooled by Sami, as they would all be illiterate.

Back