Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Oct. 23rd, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Episode #10,939 Taped 9/30 Director – Albert Alarr

At the Horton Cabin, the killer has his sights trained on Sami in the window. She keeps moving around, tho, as she tries to get EJ to leave, telling him she is just fine and dandy. Lucas quietly listens, EJ protests that Sami has been through a lot of trauma today, but she insists she just wants to rest, and would he please leave.

Over at DiMansion, Chloe & Nikki talk of her pregnancy, Nicole is choosing names, asking Chloe about the name Sarah, but Chloe thinks it would not go with DiMera too well. Nicole goes for a book of baby names, Chloe is trying to tell her about Sami’s pregnancy, but doesn’t. Nicole can tell Chloe isn’t to into this, Chloe says Nik has plent of time to choose names, then leaves to make a call to Lucas. She wants his permission to tell Nicole about Sami, Lucas says no, it is not her call. She hangs up on him, as she has no loyalty to Sami. Lucas rushes out of the cabin and over to DiMansion.

Now just EJ & Sami are in the cabin, the killer keeps his weapon trained on the window, and finally gets Sami in his sights. EJ notes the infra red beam on Sami’s head, pushes her to the floor, as the bullet streaks thru the window, shattering the glass. EJ keeps her on the floor, pulls out his cell and evidently calls Roman, as later we see Roman & a couple cops there, then Marlena rushing in, followed by John. (Boy, that ferry captain sure was kept busy tonight! ) Sami blubbers on Marlena’s shoulder, Roman is having the cops search the island (we know it is undoubtably too late by now, lol) but wants to know where he was hiding when he made the shot. John looks at the window, talking of the trajectory, while Marlena nicely asks him to leave, and he does.

Lucas has burst in as Chloe is about to tell Nikki the news, and distracts the conversation, talking of how Sami already has a child by EJ, while Nicole is pregnant with one. Lots of run around jabbering, until he gets a call from a crying Sami, who asks him to please come back, someone tried to shoot her. Lucas says he will be right there, tells the girls that someone tried to shoot Sami, and he bolts out of there, as Nicole says “TRIED” to shoot Sami? The women look at each other and say in unison ….”Damn!” (too funny)
Nicole is wondering where EJ is, John comes waltzing in, all smiles, saying Elvis is with Samantha, he just saved her life. The next scene, Chloe is gone, Nicole is ticked off that EJ told her he was going to the office, but ended up at the cabin. John remarks EJ probably just took the long way round. Nicole is upset, asks what kind of spell does Sami put on him. John has no idea, but says that with Sami in danger now, EJ will probably want to stay even closer to her than before.

Meanwhile, Bo is talking to Max, who steadfastly refuses to back up Stephanie’s story about what Melanie told Max. Stephanie walks in, shocked that he seems to be calling her a liar. Hope takes her into the outer office, Bo tries talking some sense into Max to no avail. Max reminds Bo how he put his own job/rep on the line for Philip, and no, it is no different. Max feels Melanie has had a rough life, he was lucky, and so he wants to take care of her. He leaves, Stephanie is gone, says Hope, and advises him to go after her.

At the Pub, Nick & Melanie come in from their dinner at Chez Rouge, sit at a table as Nick talks of them having dessert. Melanie looks over at the bar, and imagines Trent sitting there, freaks out, and runs upstairs. She gets to her room, turns around, and there Trent is on the bed. He accuses her of killing him, she denies it, he gets off the bed, she climbs in, tries to pull the covers over her head as they argue. She insists they only struggled, she blacked out, she did not kill him, gets up, running to the door. As she opens it, Philip is standing there. She gets control of herself, he came to talk to her about the wallet. (A few minutes earlier, he ran into Stephanie, who told him about breaking up with Max, and how he refuted to Bo what Melanie had told him about the argument in the cemetery. She also tells Philip about Melanie putting the wallet in her purse, & how she & Max took it to the police) Melanie is wary of Philip at first, then gets on the defensive, and finally tells him, sure, she did it, killed her father, yada yada. She accuses him of wearing a wire, telling him to leave now that he got what he came for. She now does the victim bit, Philip backs off, but says he is going to tell his brother that he knows Melanie had the wallet. Now she comes on to him, telling him she is willing to buy his silence. Philip doesn’t need her money, but she is not talking money, as she comes up close and personal, unbuttoning his jacket & sort of pushing it off as she fiddles with his tie.

Max comes into the Pub, spots Stephanie, apologizes for making her look like a liar, he didn’t mean it. They have a few words, she tells him they are over, and leaves.

At the cabin, Sami is still blubbering, Lucas bursts in, asking if she is all right. She goes on about this guy killing the mayor, trying to kill her, and will be after her until he succeeds. Chloe comes in now…(must be two ferries running, lol), Marlena asks Roman what they are going to do to keep Sami safe. Roman makes the announcement….Sami…we are putting you into a temporary witness protection program.

Barb

Previews show Max saying maybe it was an accident, & Stephanie warning Max that maybe it was Melanie, and someone else gets hurt because you’re stopping Bo & the police from finding out the truth
Lucas is trying to convince Sami to do this for the sake of her children, and to keep them safe & protected
Philip is buttoning his shirt, looking back at Melanie on the bed, saying he doesn’t know how feels about having slept with a killer.

Isn't Melanie jail bait? Tsk, tsk. This is not like Philip.........a high school senior????
Come to think of it, why is she not in school>?

Isn't Melanie jail bait? Tsk, tsk. This is not like Philip.........a high school senior????
Come to think of it, why is she not in school>?

I think your right! I think she is still only 17, unless when she traveled from France to Salem she aged! lol Let's keep our fingers crossed that the previews are misleading!!

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I did not get to see the show. Wow looks like I missed a good one. I was wondering when is Mel's birthday. If she had one they did not show it on the show. If she did not have one she is under age and Philip should not have gone near her. She can use it as blackmail to get him to help her.

I don't think they actually do the deed. Philip is too smart to get trapped in her web.
I will always stick up for my Philip.

Thanks for the summary and previews Barb!

I think you are right, kpatch, cuz the in the preview, Melanie is fully dressed as Philip buttons his shirt, including the sweater she had on. I think she TRIES seducing him, tho.

I think your right! I think she is still only 17, unless when she traveled from France to Salem she aged! lol Let's keep our fingers crossed that the previews are misleading!!

Depends on the legal age of consent for Salem. (Usually, age of consent is deemed by the state, but since the writers have carefully kept Salem free of any state affiliation, we'll have to go by Salem's laws.) Anyway, the age of consent in Arkansas is 16, so a 17-yr-old would not be jail bait in Arkansas. Further, not that it applies in this case, but in Arkansas, if one or both parties are under the age of consent, but there is a two year, or less, age difference, it's still legal.

hey

I finally went Directv this week and I can now watch Days of lives on the soapnet channel again. Good bye Comcast cable. I love it but I still like your write-ups of Days of lives.

Just watched the show...Please tell me they are not going there with Philip and Melanie! I agree with DJM, Melanie is the type that would use something like that against Philip to keep his silence. I wish Chloe had told Nicole about Sami but apparently that secret is going to be kept awhile longer.

Depends on the legal age of consent for Salem. (Usually, age of consent is deemed by the state, but since the writers have carefully kept Salem free of any state affiliation, we'll have to go by Salem's laws.) Anyway, the age of consent in Arkansas is 16, so a 17-yr-old would not be jail bait in Arkansas. Further, not that it applies in this case, but in Arkansas, if one or both parties are under the age of consent, but there is a two year, or less, age difference, it's still legal.

16???? Not like that here. There are actually cases where 18 year old has slept with their 17 gf/bf and the parents were upset and pressed charges. Those people have to register as sex offenders here!

lol... wonder if she know about the fake leg.. would been interesting to see her discover it.

I a hoping that Philip don't do nothing stupid like that with her... its kinda sad that there are monsters like trent that causes people to behave this way... even nicole .. i am sure is a bit messed up from her experience with trent..... i know her dad had some to do with that also... wish this type of storyline was in soaps only..not real life..

Just wondering....if EJ pushes Sami to the floor....did he NOT feel her baby bump???

He pushes her from the back........

:OT:Boy have I sure missed you guys. My computer has been on the fritz for 2 weeks. I couldn't watch the show but, this site has helped me catch up.
Big thanks to all of you that keep it going.
Boy has a lot happened while I was gone.
I believe that Melanie was trying to seduce Philip to keep him quiet about the cemetery ( at least I hope that's it).
Once again it good to be back.

Of course Philip didn't sleep with Melanie....and boy, is she a nitwit for coming on to him.....and I just love the nitwit....!!! I find her refreshing and funny, and so, so, so teenager...!!!

Back