Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Oct. 23rd, 2008

Sami's dress

I laughed at ya'll's descriptions of Sami's dress: awning, circus tent. LOL What came to my mind was a wagon sheet!

Hey, I have a question. It has probably been explained and I've just forgotten or missed it, but why is Melanie's last name "Layton," while Trent's was "Robbins?" At least I think I saw her listed on the police suspect list as Melanie Layton.

I laughed at ya'll's descriptions of Sami's dress: awning, circus tent. LOL What came to my mind was a wagon sheet!

Hey, I have a question. It has probably been explained and I've just forgotten or missed it, but why is Melanie's last name "Layton," while Trent's was "Robbins?" At least I think I saw her listed on the police suspect list as Melanie Layton.

LOL. I thought Sami's dress was a paper gown (the first time I noticed it was when she was at the clinic). I couldn't figure out why she was still running around later in a hospital gown. Then I realized it was a dress. Poor Ali. Someone in wardrobe must really not like her.

Maybe these women who are the mothers of Trent's children never married him and gave them their maiden names instead of his surname?

I don't know for sure, but Trent Robbins was not his real name right...?? Seems I remember something about him using a ficticious name when he came to Salem, and that is why nobody knew who he was...or something like that....or maybe not, gosh I just don't know...maybe I should just keep my mouth shut...!!!!

Here is another couple possibilities... Some parents when naming a male child will sometimes give the little tyke the mothers maiden name for a middle name. Maybe His name was Trent Becker Robbins. He could also be the product of a hyphenated surname which would be Trent Becker-Robbins. This still doesn't solve the Layton surname problem. It could be a combination of mothers maiden name for Melanie and the hyphenated or middle name mothers surname for Max. How's that for some anal retentive deductive reasoning? :D

Ok, it looks like Trent's real name is Trent Becker he was just using Robbins, as KathyLu pointed out, Max's name was Becker....still haven't found where Layton came from.....

The way I understood it, Trent was never married to Max's mother, which doesn't mean anything. Trent was referred to as Trent Becker back when he came to town after the Bradys adopted him. Max always talks of how his father abandoned his mother, and then she got sick, died, and that Trent returned, and watched as he was taken away and put into foster care.

He may have been using a false name then....as evidently when he went climbing up thru the universities, getting degrees, jobs, etc. he was Robbins. And maybe he just was never married to Melanie's mom either.......thus she has the Layton name.

He certainly was Robbins when he married Nicole.

Thanks for all the background info and all the ideas, everybody. Looks like they have never given an explanation about Melanie. I'm waiting for somebody, sometime, to ask her about her mother.

Looks like they have never given an explanation about Melanie. I'm waiting for somebody, sometime, to ask her about her mother.

Thanks for the warm welcome, that why I missed you guy so much. We're are all like family here.:)
Now that you mentioned it, I find it strange that no one has ever mentioned Melanie's mother. Wonder who she will turn out to be?

16???? Not like that here. There are actually cases where 18 year old has slept with their 17 gf/bf and the parents were upset and pressed charges. Those people have to register as sex offenders here!

That's crazy. That's part of the reason the two year age difference loop hole that I mentioned earlier is part of the law here. A 15-yr-old and 16-yr-old could be sexually involved and even though one is at the legal age of consent and the other isn't, there is a two year or less age gap, so it's legal here. Avoids some of the hysteria and parental manipulations. In a case like the one you mentioned, I'd have been the one who had to register as a sex offender, as my boyfriend my senior year was 9 months younger than me. He was still 17 when we graduated.

Something else I've been wondering about this show. I couldn't understand why Marlena asked John to leave. I didn't notice him doing anything objectionable and it seems he has tried to be nothing but helpful and supportive toward Sami. Oh well, at least Marlena was polite about it.

Marlena had to ask Jon to leave cause someone had to go tell Nicole that EJ was at the cabin saving Sami.....:D

Do they have land lines at Smith Island and cell phone reception? I know my cell phone only works in some areas.

Back