Days of Our Lives - Tues., Mar. 12, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 12, 2019

John finds Marlena on floor of her office, no pulse, not breathing. He starts CPR, all the while talking to her, telling her to come back. Out in the hall, Kayla is talking to Sarah, mentioning that Rex applied for a job at the hospital. Sarah, taken aback, he did not tell her. Kayla offers to make sure their hours are different if Sarah feels uncomfortable. No, that's o.k. A shout from John, need help in here. The two rush into the office, helping John, Marlena now has weak pulse.

Brady arrives at Eric's, wanting his help in getting Holly away from Stefan's home. They argue stupidly back and forth, about Nicole, Holly, why Chloe has Holly. Rex chimes in, that doesn't set well with Brady, who is asked to leave by Eric. Brady warns Rex to be careful, Eric preys on his brother's women. Eric gets a call from Sarah, is told about Marlena, all 3 guys leave for the hospital.

Stefan wins another chess game from Chloe, comes on to her, she is reluctant, Holly screams, Chloe runs upstairs, brings Holly down, bad dream. Stefan offers to try and calm her (this is all so stupid in my opinion), show her a pic of Charlotte, talking of how he had a little girl once, loved her so much, doesn't see her anymore, always in his heart. He makes motions with his hands, showing Holly that love, your heart, heaven, and telling her to make those hand motions when she is thinking of her mom. Chloe takes her upstairs, she falls fast asleep, Chloe returns, thanks Stefan, she liked the way he talked to Holly.

Replay of Diana returning to her room, finding her safe empty of the envelope, which Leo has in his hand as he asks if she is looking for something. They have a huge argument/discussion (and Leo is terrific, in my opinion, in these scenes) about this evidence that she held proving he killed his father, Richard Cooper..........or was he my father. Diana claims she would never have used it, kept it to protect him so no one else could.....and is shocked at Leo's comment. He goes on, explaining how John told him this himself, said it came from her, that John was in here, broke into safe, had the envelope, Leo came in, John wanted a deal to free Will & Sonny, told him what Diana had said, was on his way to Marlena's office where the DNA results had come in. Oooh, Diana is very interested in John going to the office, etc. Now she tells him, yes, it is true, John is his father. How they had this wonderful relationship all the while John thought Marlena dead, but when it came out she was still alive, Diana knew it was over, and thus disappeared.

Leo rants about Richard Cooper, how abused Leo was, both physically & emotionally. She claims she married him as he offered to take care of them. Leo really lays into her for never protecting him, and later, then let him think he had killed his own father. He also figures she still loves John, wants him. Oh, she is sorry, yes, she still wants John (cue flashback of injecting the cookies) but one has to do what one has to in order to survive.

At the hospital, Marlena is in a bed, getting oxygen, hooked up. Kayla, Sarah & John in the room. Marlena's BP begins dropping, the doctors do something, all is well, but Kayla manages to realize Marlena is in anaphylactic shock...allergic reaction. John says only thing is penicillin, she learned as a teen, is very careful, etc. They give her an Epi injection, Kayla goes to look over Marlena's office.

Eric & Brady arrive, get update from Sarah. Eric thanks her, she hugs him, Rex arrives, sees the hug, flashes back to Brady's warning. Eric & Brady go to Marlena's room, Rex & Sarah talk...about his applying at the hospital, his proposal, yada, yada.

Will comes to see Sonny, Leo has dropped charges, all is well. Kiss, kiss, happy talk, more kissing, let's take it to your bedroom. Off they go, and later, in bed, talk about their good fortune, the future, more kissing and ….........!!! Will gets a call from John, Marlena in hospital, he jumps out of bed, is going now. Sonny is going along.

John talks with Marlena, how did she end up back here, we just got all over that. You used a lot of strength to get over the last time, whatever you have left, you have to use to get over this. Come back, I love you, He kisses her, holds her. Eric & Brady arrive.

John hugs his sons, leaves them for a few minutes, warns that Kayla said Marlena possibly could hear them, so will be glad they are acting like brothers again. He goes to check her office, Eric starts to talk, Brady cuts in, telling of them arguing earlier, but promising to do his best to be family.

John & Kayla find the cookies, the note from Haley, but nothing indicating what she could be allergic to. Kayla gives John the DNA results, he opens them. It is true, 99.9% positive match. Leo is my son.

Thank you, Poirot.

This sounds better than the last few days, BUT how many times does Marlena have to end up at death's doorstep in a year?? Geez, this is just stupid.

Rex/Sarah/Eric just gag me.

Sounds like Leo should have done in both abusive parents. Too bad Diana is still breathing. Sorry, but I like the character of Diana about as much as I like hearing of a catastrophe occurring.

I would have thought John would have immediately screamed for help. You're in a hospital for god's sake!! But seriously, Marlena is a coma again. God I hope she changed her medical directive!!!

At least Rex is thinking about Eric and Sarah a little now. I thought Eric and Rex were totally uncalled for with Brady. He is concerned about Chloe because Stefan has been a horrible person. For them to jump down his throat and say he's only thinking of himself like he always does. Uncalled for.

Sonny and Will, I just hate them now. All they are ever worried about is if they get to play kissy face and have sex! Had to laugh when Sonny said well technically I am still married and Will just took his hand. Doesn't matter to Will. He's a cheater remember?

I am still not believing Leo is John's son. We know Diana saw the test and we know changing paternity tests in Salem is child's play! Just wonder how long it will take to come out?

That was my thought. She had such easy access to Marlena's computer, to penicillin vials, changing DNA results was child's play for her. And she really was too interested in Leo saying John was going to the office to go over the DNA results.

Nope, and I have been waiting for it.
I hope we get this resolved soon, and don't have to wait for May sweeps.

By the way........Tyler Christopher, who plays Stefan has his last day on March 15th, this Friday. His replacement, Brandon Barash will appear 1st on March 22.

Thanks, Poirot.

Will Sonny go with Will to the bathroom? Sonny told him he would never leave
his side.. Sonny must have forgotten it's Salem.

Will Rex ever move out of Eric's apartment? He said he would get a house
if Sarah said yes. What if Sarah says no?

Nice to see Holly today. Too bad Stefan was there and he talked about Charlotte.

Interesting to see Stefan "sign" today. I knew when he did love that was
way you sign it. I looked up the other two and that's how they are signed too.

How long will it be before we learn the truth if John is Leo's father or not?

Will Leo figure out what his mom did to Marlena?

Charlotte, talking of how he had a little girl once, loved her so much, doesn't see her anymore, always in his heart. He makes motions with his hands, showing Holly that love, your heart, heaven, and telling her to make those hand motions when she is thinking of her mom. Chloe takes her upstairs, she falls fast asleep, Chloe returns, thanks Stefan, she liked the way he talked to Holly.
These beats should have been played 14 months ago when he first came to town (replacing Parker for Holly), or at least 2-3 months before he had sex with an insane woman. Now I just want him gone, and everything he does seems designed to score with the opera-singing ex-hooker.
Leo is terrific, in my opinion, in these scenes
I agree. Leo is a stellar actor and initially (prior to his 2-second attempt to choke interloping busybody Will Horton) had more sympathetic reasons for his less-than-admirable acts than the last 10 new characters combined. He's woefully miscast as the third wheel in a story that ran out of steam two months ago, and hasn't been given anything else to work with.
Sorry, but I like the character of Diana about as much as I like hearing of a catastrophe occurring.
I'm starting to think this is a DiMera ploy. It's hard to imagine the sweet, savvy Diana Colville we saw in the 1980s misrepresenting the facts so blatantly (about John/Diana/Marlena), being so coldly abusive toward her son, or trying to murder romantic rivals.
Sonny and Will, I just hate them now. All they are ever worried about is if they get to play kissy face and have sex! Had to laugh when Sonny said well technically I am still married and Will just took his hand. Doesn't matter to Will. He's a cheater remember?
I thought they rushed the story back in '13 with these two, but eventually they won me over. I rooted for them. But they've not had anything in common other than their attempts to remember their love since Will returned. Bad, bad writing. And meanwhile, I don't think they've worked past the issues (which were stupid & forced at the time, but still happened, like it or not) that led to their separation at the time of Will's apparent murder. They don't even talk about it!

This sounds better than the last few days, BUT how many times does Marlena have to end up at death's doorstep in a year?? Geez, this is just stupid.
Agree. Marlena is having more than her share of medical problems. What's next?
  • A nurse returns from Africa after working in an ebola zone. Marlena catches the disease and naturally goes into a coma.
  • Marlena opens a package, which, unknown to her, was sent by Kristen. Swarms of tsetse flies fly out and Marlena gets a critical case of sleeping sickness.
  • John and Marlena go to Italy to investigate DiMera activities. While there, they visit a medieval archeological site where Marlena contracts bubonic plague.
John's surprise sons, like Leo, are also getting a little much. Who else is lurking out there in the family tree? Considering the fact that John has traveled the world for the ISA, new sons could pop up from anywhere.
  • David, a handsome doctor from Tel Aviv, comes to work at University Hospital. Marlena notices that everything about him reminds her of John.
  • Sven, a dashing executive with Titan's Swedish operation, pays a visit to Salem. He and Brady hit it off uncommonly quickly
  • Jorge, a handsome musician from Buenos Aires, is hired by Chloe to play at Doug's Place. His favorite line is "es un hecho" (that's a fact).

Last edited:
Sonny and Will can go live on Paradise Island and do whatever they want. The sooner Will and Diana are gone the better and yes, can't they do anything with Marlena, but put her in a coma, cage or desert isand?
Sometimes the fingers are faster than the brain. Leo and Diana!!!

Uh, do you mean LEO and Diana?
Of course! Good grief. Oh, add Rex and Sarah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back