Days of Our Lives - Tues., Oct. 1, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Kristen is still trying to reach Brady, who won't return her call. Xander tells her about Sarah not getting the abortion, deciding to keep the baby, warns her about telling Eric anything. (yep, then why did you tell Kristen?)

Eric & Nicole sit in the square, she is signing papers to be employed at the Horton Center. She is so happy to have her life again. Xander comes up, has divorce papers for her. She is suspicious that he wants something, but he says no. He leaves, she looks over the papers, they are clear, Xander was telling the truth. Eric suggests they go to hospital to visit Julie.

Rafe comes up from tunnels, no Vivian, but found her scarf, knows she was there. He warns Stefan & Gabi they will be going down with Viv, when they find her. Gabi is still insisting they know nothing, Stefan is indignant at Rafe's persistence. Rafe leaves, Gabi is a bit worried, Stefan thanks her for not squealing on his mom, who he knows Gabi dislikes. She hates her, but loves her son, kiss, kiss.

Rolf visits Kate in hospital, bringing vase of flowers, happy she recovered despite being at death's door. He comments how Stefano always had soft spot for Kate, and he still has soft spot for Stefano. He leaves. Kate is puzzled.

And then Kayla walks in, Kate starts yelling for help, her doctor is there, probably wants to kill her now. She rants and raves, talks of Kayla selling all of Kate's body parts, carries on and on. She will sue Kayla, who is trying to explain she went by what was going on with Kate. This drags on and on, until finally, Kate asks how Julie is doing, and says that perhaps she won't sue Kayla after all.

Was really hoping Sarah was not on the show, but of course she is, Brady asking what is troubling her, Sarah avoiding answering, but almost starting to cave and tell, when in comes Kristen, all smiles. Brady was not answering her call, she came in person to tell him she was pregnant with his child. He doesn't believe her, back and forth they go, he figures she is lying, until she finally figures a real doctor will confirm it, suggests Sarah, who has been listening to it all. Sarah won't unless Brady wants this, he says he just wants all this over. She goes for her bag, and of course we have to flashback to when she was going to test herself. She tells Kristen she will take the vial to the hospital herself, put a rush on it, will return with results. Kristen does all her sultry jabber to Brady, leaves.

Vivian is out in the park somewhere, talking to herself about what she is going to do, bumps into Rolf, is startled. Rolf explains to her about saving Kate who was about to die, Viv wants to know why she did not have amnesia. Rolf says drug perfected. She really goes overboard with her gestures & comments, but she wants Rolf to tell her where Stefano is so he can help hide her. Rolf says he doesn't know where he is, and even if he could get in touch, he would not be able to help her.

Kristen returns to her room, finds Vivian sitting there. Wearing sunglasses. She wants something, and it is not an option to refuse. She needs Kristen to hide her.

Brady is sitting morosely, flashing back to having sex with fake Nicole. Xander comes in, looking for Sarah. She is at hospital. Xander sees the hypo, etc. from getting blood for test.....what is this. Brady says it was for a blood test Sarah took. Xander is surprised......so she told you?

Eric & Nicole arrive at the hospital, he will go in to see Julie, Nicole will wait right there. Sarah comes in, of course doesn't see her, calls the lab as she wants this pregnancy test done. Nicole hears.

I don't think Ron (head writer) would be that stupid as to try to recast such an iconic character after the death of Joe Mascolo (Stefano). Would be like trying to recast Tom, Alice, Caroline or Pop Shawn Brady.

I think the mentions of Stefano are just to keep the "mystery" as to the characters thinking he's still alive and in hiding somewhere. Only Steve and Shane know about their plan, and then they threw in that little part where Shane was looking at pictures of himself dressed as Stefano around town and he saw the one of Stefano feeding the birds on a park bench that he swore he didn't sit for.

An actress on B&B died several years ago. Instead of killing off the character, there are occasional mentions of her being on a tropical island, enjoying cool drinks and hot cabana boys, as a tribute to the actress. They've said she could never be replaced, so they keep her eternally "young", happy and enjoying life.

Kate was at her absolute worst today.
  • Ripping into Kayla for allegedly misdiagnosing her. Of course if she learns the truth, she's unlikely to ever apologize.
  • Accusing Kayla of wanting to steal her body parts. Doesn't she know that racket ended with the downfall of Dr. Ben Walters and Warden Jane Smith?
  • Saying she'd call Rolf first the next time she has a health crisis. That statement by itself makes her a candidate for Bayview.
  • Threatening to sue. As I said in another post, this one is a non-starter. Kate has suffered no harm from Kayla's alleged mistake. Any judge would dismiss such a case in a Salem second.
Eric hasn't been paying attention all these years. Only an utterly clueless Salemite would wonder why Rolf (or his DiMera employers) aren't in jail.

Vivian's another one who's utterly clueless about criminally-inclined Salemites. The whole idea of seeking help from creepy Kristen is absurd. The Salem witch would sell out Viv in a heartbeat if it served her purposes. Instead, Zero's Mommie Dearest should be on the phone to her son, Zero, arranging for him to gas up the DiMera jet so she can flee to Alamania or some other psychopath-friendly location.

Thanks, Poirot.

It was interesting Rolf told Nicole and Eric that he didn't terminate a baby.
Maybe that will come up later.

Rolf told Vivian he saved Kate. Then he told her he perfected the serum since she
didn't have amnesia. I was surprised Rolf didn't tell Kate he saved her.

Rolf reminded Nicole he showed Holly how to make play-doh.

Stefan told Gabi "it's not going to end well for any of us".

Stefan told Rafe about Vivian "finding her is gonna be like ... finding
a good cop in the this town"

Of all the entrances the tunnels have, how did Rafe get to the one Vivian used?

Of course, Nicole is there to listen to Sarah tell someone about running a
pregnancy test.

Last edited:
If we were going to do the "Stefano is alive somewhere" mystery/hope/trope, I'd have preferred not seeing him gunned down by an alleged heroine of the show. Rather go out in a vat of acid, or explode in a rocket, or something fantastic.

Not much else to say, although I'll admit I didn't see the pregnancy mishmash moshing this early.

Although Kate was over the top with Kayla today, I do like that she then toned it down. I also like her softer make-up and no streak in her hair - makes her look much younger.

Thanks for the summary! I so appreciate the daily summaries!

I certainly hope the Brady/Kristen baby story has some kind of ending that doesn't include them being a "couple". I REALLY cannot stand to watch her! Some people do not deserve the gift of a child! Kristen CERTAINLY is one of those people!

Back