Days of Our Lives--Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
At Rafe's place, he's struggling to get David's bottle. Hope arrives, helps him. He apologizes for not being there for her, she understands, could've lost him & Ciara all at once. Hope wants to work things out. Lani comes in one of Rafe's shirts, which confuses/upsets Hope. Lani and Rafe explain the situation, says Ted is hiding something from her. Hope gets upset and argues before leaving. Lani and Rafe agree that Ted is scum.

At the Pub, Abe runs into Sheila. Sheila says since he's down in the polls by 10%, he should get married to beat Jack at his own game. He laments that his relationship with Val isn't going so well. They rehash who tried to kiss whom recently until Jack interrupts. Sheila takes her leave while Jack taunts Abe about things not seeming to go well with Sheila. The two have words. Abe leaves as Eve comes in, and Jack says he thinks he has dirt on the two of them. Outside, Hope arrives and leaves a message for Ted to call her.

In the Square, Eli calls Lani to request a breakfast date. She says she has to look after David. They disagree about watching him, she has to go and hangs up. In the park, Sheila bumps into Eli, who tells her that Lani seems obsessed with David. Sheila suggests he just have a conversation with her about it--as well as with his mom to help Abe. He doesn't feel comfortable doing so. Eli laughs as Sheila mocks him and leaves. Abe comes up and says he put Jack in his place.

Earlier, Eve wakes Jack from a nightmare in the Inn, says he kept saying "Loretta." Cue flashback to Jennifer telling him about her (the name of the ship they were on). They discuss the polls, how good things are going. She asks if he's committed to her, and he tells "Mrs. Deveraux" he's 100% in. Chloe comes to congratulate the couple. Jack takes his leave. Chloe asks Eve for advice on Stefan, and Eve admits she's not the best at such advice. But she basically tells Chloe to go after Stefan if he is making her happy. They talk gleefully over Jack and Stefan and their happiness.

Elsewhere, Maggie asks Brady to join her, Nancy, and the kids for lunch. He can't because he ruined things with Chloe. He explains the scenario, and Maggie admits he sounds like a stalker. Brady doesn't wanna lose Chloe, so Maggie tells him to examine why he feels this way and keeps acting this way. She points out his failed history with Chloe that led to his addiction, thinks he doesn't want to face the idea of being alone. She thinks he needs time alone to find himself. Brady says he wouldn't be a failure if he could make just one relationship work. Maggie tells him he isn't a failure.

From his bed in the DiMansion, Stefan calls Chloe to check on her. She's heading to work, asks how his night went. He looks over at the sleeping Gabi, who groans, and he tells Chloe that things settled down. Chloe hears the groan, asks who's there, he says it is a maid, helps Gabi get her bra on. Stefan tells Chloe he looks forward to their time together, they hang up. Gabi can't believe what he just did as Stefan shrugs, she tells him he can't treat her as just some wh***", grabs his genitals, he asks if she'd rather they go public. Gabi calls him a pig, they bicker, she tries to slap him. He says her hands touched him for the last time, they bicker in a flirty way continuously, insult each other's performance in bed a bit, but it just turns them on and they end up having another romp in the sack. Later, Gabi realizes her blouse is missing a special button. Chloe comes home and finds the button. Gabi and Stefan come in, their clothes half undone.

Not the most exciting episode. Hope & Rafe are a merry-go-round going nowhere, Sheila and Abe are awkward, and Eli/Lani/the baby are dull. This looks like a Lifetime movie.

I enjoyed Maggie telling Brady some honest truths. Let's just hope he listens--the fans have been saying the same thing for years.

Eve & Jack are loathsome, but I enjoyed her conversation today with Chloe. Chloe walking in on Gabi & Stefan (who probably were the best part of the show) is gonna make for some good TV.

Thanks for the summary, Daysdegrassi.

We all have different opinions though (and that's perfectly fine), as I find Gabi and Stefan repulsing. I just can't understand how, in this day and age, hate sex can be viewed as anything but disgusting. I can't imagine being turned on by someone who just called me a *bleep* (and I can't stand the use of this word on television, or anywhere else for that matter), who raped a mentally ill woman and still won't acknowledge it was so wrong on so many levels, etc. And I imagine a man would not be turned on by a woman grabbing his genitals either. So... a big no to Stefan and Gabi. Just no.

The rest of the show? I don't care. Eve, Chloe, Brady, Jack (much to my disappointment, believe me, as I was so looking forward to his return), Hope, Rafe. There's nobody to root for in my opinion.

Get Outta Here: Why are foolish Jack and awful Eve allowed in the Pub? Roman should appear and deliver a line from an old 1961 Ray Charles song: "Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more."

Garbage In, Garbage Out: If Salem pollsters are as inept as the police, University Hospital, etc., instead of being up ten points in the polls, Jack is probably down by twenty. That said, with Salem voters anything is possible. After all, these are the same people who once elected the shameless rapist and career criminal, EJ DiMera, as their mayor.

Family First?: Gabi knows that the injured Rafe is caring for a baby back at the house, but instead of being there to lend a hand, she selfishly chooses to indulge in her mad hate-sex campaign with pervy Stefan Zero. If Mami Hernandez hears about this, she'll be appalled.

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?: If Gabi doesn't want tell-tale evidence of her erotic encounters to end up on the living room floor, instead of clumsy, impulsive Zero, she should choose a partner who fits the description in the old song, Slow Hand: "I want a lover with slow hand, I want a lover with an easy touch. I want a lover who will spend some time, not come and go in a heated rush."

I Can See Your Lyin' Eyes: How can Hope tell that Ted is lying? It's easy. As the old saying goes, his lips are moving.

Nobody Loves Me, Everybody Hates Me: If Brady really believes this, he ought to go out to the K-mansion garden and eat worms.

Did Maggie actually say her and Nancy were taking the kids to Doug's Place? Right in FRONT of Brady? Do the writers think our memories are that short? :huh:

Thanks, DaysD

I laughed when Maggie called Brady a stalker. She said a lot of things the
viewers have
said over the years.

Stefan has gone from creepy to a jerk. What story will he and Gabi come up to tell
Chloe?

Nice to know Nancy is in town.

Will Jack and Eve spy on Abe and Sheila to find out what they are hiding?

Will Hope ask Ted who he was talking to when Eli overheard him? Will Ted lie?

Today was a sleazy episode between Stefan and Gabi, Jack and Eve, and Rafe and Lani though nothing happened. Maggie finally went in on Brady, he needs to be alone for a while. Then, of course, I was laughing once again at Lani randomly showing up in a scene and interrupting everyone in Salem. I do admit Gabi grabbing Stefan's genitals on screen was surprising they aired that! Today, in general, was highly out of character for Gabi. Gabi just doesn't go for round 2 when someone insults her repeatedly as Stefan was calling her and treating her like a random floozy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the comments about this Gabi-Stefan hate sex. I find it repulsive and offensive. If Gabi wants to try to trap Stefan, per their plan, why can't she use her mind? The one that has her supposedly running a successful business? Since Gabi is true the aggressor, it is even more disgusting. The fact that he called Chloe while in bed with Gabi shows exactly what he is using her for and also that he has no feelings for her. We all also know that at some point during the execution of the master plan, they will fall in love for real, or whatever real is for those characters and maybe we are supposed to think it is romantic? If so, the writers missed the mark AGAIN.

And, enough with the David obsession for Lani. Did anyone hear when he started crying when Hope was there, Lani just says, "He's calling me." Really? It sounds like a baby is crying. I don't like the direction this story is obviously heading. I totally agree with The Writer in that there is no one to root for (although I still do like Ciara and Ben, don't know why).

I agree with the comments about this Gabi-Stefan hate sex. I find it repulsive and offensive. If Gabi wants to try to trap Stefan, per their plan, why can't she use her mind? The one that has her supposedly running a successful business? Since Gabi is true the aggressor, it is even more disgusting. The fact that he called Chloe while in bed with Gabi shows exactly what he is using her for and also that he has no feelings for her. We all also know that at some point during the execution of the master plan, they will fall in love for real, or whatever real is for those characters and maybe we are supposed to think it is romantic? If so, the writers missed the mark AGAIN.

And, enough with the David obsession for Lani. Did anyone hear when he started crying when Hope was there, Lani just says, "He's calling me." Really? It sounds like a baby is crying. I don't like the direction this story is obviously heading. I totally agree with The Writer in that there is no one to root for (although I still do like Ciara and Ben, don't know why).

I am actually speculating that Lani will end up kidnapping David when it's time for him to go back to Jordan. Then, of course, Jordan ends up forgiving Lani and no charges are filed, but it will be hard to watch that breakdown since Lani is a ticking time bomb. Twice today she interrupted Rafe and Hope for David. Like she really doesn't care if she is seemingly being invasive. Especially with her just randomly walking into to Gabi's house, the woman of the man she stole her boyfriend from. Awkward but it didn't stop Lani from judging Gabi in her own house.

As for Gabi, she truthfully just wanted sex; she forgot all about her plan during the horizontal scenes. Don't see any women empowerment with the way Gabi was portrayed as today because she came off as a basic harlot. I personally wouldn't go for round 2 with someone who insulted me like I'm just trash and don't matter. They must come up with some good excuse with Chloe. Though I think eventually Gabi will rat out Stefan to ruin his relationship with Chloe as revenge, but actually, end up falling for Stefan with yet another love triangle. I also speculate that possibly happening. Gabi and Stefan were both sleazy I see why people were repulsed but surprising some fans are liking that pairing in comments on Twitter.

Did not care for Stefan#1, thought he was too stiff, too unemotional, too uninvolved. I think Stefan#2 doing good job, shows emotions, whatever they are, all different ones, seems more "alive".
No, I don't like the storyline of this hate sex junk, but then I don't care for other storylines either. Jack/Eve - both actors are very good, and do wonders with lousy material, but, the storyline is terrible, and dragged out much too long.

I agree with Poirot - Stefan#1 was pretty stiff when it came to showing emotions, especially some of his interactions with Chad fell flat. Stefan#2 is doing an excellent job displaying facial expressions in regards to emotion better. Though as others have stated I think Stefan#2 would have been a better separate villain, not Stefan like a recast of Quinn, Vivian's son. Just not a Stefan lol! But I do agree with everyone's sentiments, they did go THERE today. It was graphic for daytime TV lol!

Back