Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 26, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Sonny has walked into the room, hearing that Will did not cause the accident that killed his mom. In very emotional scenes Maggie tells about remembering waking up in car on side of road. In the course of all the confrontations, Sonny lets both Victor (who admits he talked to Will, Will knows, Xander tells of looking for Sarah, finding Maggie, calling Vic who came got her, yada, yada) and Maggie have it both barrels. He screams and hollers at them both, Maggie is sobbing, she is sorry, loved Adrienne. Vic is pretty silent, Sonny yells about throwing him & his husband under the bus, Will in prison, decision to divorce, just really blasts them both. Maggie says it all ends now, tonight.

Justin is worried, calls Chad, cannot find Kayla. Stevano arrives, tells Justin he has Kayla, shows him proof, pic on his phone w/today's Spectator, will let her go if Justin gets him $10,000,000. Seems that tho he has freedom to wander about town in Steve's body, no one will give him DiMera money, so he needs to shore up his financial situation. Justin doesn't have that kind of money, but Stevano points out that Uncle Vic does, & would gladly come up with it for Justin's happiness. And then follows some asinine conversation about Kayla dropping Justin in a second if real Steve returned, Justin trying to talk to Steve, telling him to fight, return to his family, mentioning Jo, Adrienne, Stephanie, Joey. Stevano puts a stop to it, Kayla tried that, failed, face it, Steve is gone. He takes his leave, telling Justin to get the money, will be in touch.

Chad has come to see Gabi, brings a little box with a cupcake as a celebration. The DiMera board has voted unanimously to remove her from DiMera, she is fired. Yes, he is gloating, bought the cupcake since no champagne allowed. She now spills the beans about being the match for Mickey, will probably get out, the board will be begging her to return, no one to take over. Kristen worse than Gabi, Chad has proved to be lousy at it. Stefano in Steve's body is a laugh. Chad snatches the box away, munches on the cake while berating her for using a child as leverage. (I really do not understand why she is not in a cell). He is enjoying seeing her handcuffed to that chair, in that dress. He gloats that she will have no family, no friends, no job, nothing. She sneers she has come back from nothing before, will do it again.

Sarah & Eric plead with Abe to talk to the DA about dropping the charges against Gabi and why. Abe is reluctant, Sarah knows he wants justice for Lani, but if it were her life on the line, she is sure he would do everything he could to make it happen. Abe finally agrees, will go talk to the DA.

Eli is with Lani, apologizing, as is she, they are making out before you can blink an eye, well, maybe both eyes. This is where they fell in love, made so many memories. JJ is out of the country, they have the place to themselves, and they can make new memories. Yep, in bed, clothes are off, more I love you, kissing, and well, you all know...

Abe returns, has spoken to the DA, Sarah implores him to tell them what he said. Next scene, he is walking in on Gabi, who is surprised to see him. He tells her how despicable he thinks she is, how horrible what she did to Lani and Julie, and she deserves to spend the rest of her life behind bars. However, a baby's life is at stake, so she gets her devil's bargain.

Sarah & Eric are rejoicing, so happy, their child will have a chance. She cannot wait to tell her mother. In comes Maggie & Xander. Sarah asks what they are doing there. Maggie's lip quivers as she says she came to give herself up.

Sonny is talking to a pic of him, Will & Adrienne, how all this while he thought Will killed his mom, and he didn't. Justin comes in, calling for Uncle Vic. Sonny says he is not there, tells Justin to sit down, has something to tell him.

Chad rehangs Stefano's portrait in it's place in the DiMera study, happy it is back where it belongs. He sips his drink, toasts Stefano. Wishes Stefano had turned himself in, they would have a lot of answers. He sets his drink down, leaves the room. Stevano comes out of the tunnel door, “no my son, not so”.......as he flashes back to putting something in Chad's drink. In present time he picks up the glass, swirls it a bit.

Did the police do any investigating to this fatal car accident? I'm assuming Xander somehow got rid of Maggie's car. Has he ever said that it was really close to the accident? If it was, did the police not see another set of tire tracks? I still just don't think it was Maggie either. We have all speculated but would be a twist if does end up being Will that caused the accident. :huh:

How long is Gabi going be handcuffed to that chair? Seriously, the DA dropped all the charges? Couldn't have tried to make a deal. 5 years if she donates? Just totally drops the charges when the woman tried to murder Julie in front of 30 people ! Knew she would get out of it but still frustrating.

But what is her daughter going to think? "Mommy how did you get out?" "Oh I said i wouldn't donate bone marrow to save a baby unless they let me go". They SORAS'd Arianna a little so she's old enough to know her mother is horrible person. Tomorrow Kate will be released too probably because she didn't "really" do anything.

This stupid storyline really makes me miss Joe Mascolo (real Stefano) but sadly he cannot come back so Stefano needs to go away. It's just enough already. Bring back Steve!!

LOL, Nope, last night, Eli got drunk, very drunk. See, yesterday was Valentine's Day....you know how one day lasts for 2 weeks in Salem. But the day before......yep! LOLOL

Well, I will say that Eli claims he was so hurt he practically threw himself at Gabi, but eventually realized he had been lying to himself, he never stopped loving Lani, blah, blah. Just felt his explanations were a bit lame.....but everyone is different. To me, it still Lani who could have stopped it all long ago.

I have to acknowledge Sonny in this episode, as he tells off his family. He even yells at Maggie, that her son was killed by a drunk driver, did she ever think of Daniel? Finally ending that tirade with lucky you did not kill your daughter and grandchild, He really reams them all out.
Just wish Gabi would have at least some community service....emptying and cleaning bedpans at the hospital......

Victor: Here are a few lines that I'd like to hear from him.
  • "Why shouldn't Will serve time for Maggie. Lucas took the rap for him after he shot EJ off the altar. Let the kid pay it forward."
  • "How dare Sonny yell at Maggie like that. I think it's time to ship the little brat back to the Paris office."
  • "Steve-ano wants $10 million to return Kayla? Xander, track him down and teach him some manners."
Abe: Good luck to him running for reelection as the law-and-order candidate. I still say that Gabi should have been told: "Help the baby or you'll be looking at twenty-five to life."

Sarah: She gets the line of the day for "I don't care about ethics." What could be more typical of Salem? In fact, this line is probably the motto on the city seal.

Gabi: If the writers had a sense of humor, there'd be scenes next week of her sitting in the Town Square holding a sign that says, "Will work for food."

(I really do not understand why she is not in a cell).

Da plot. How could she have all these visitors if she were in a cell? Even though Salem has a pretty lenient policy for outsiders visiting cell blocks.

And the only jail cell set piece is being used for the "BIG" house with Will and Ben.

Oh, how I wish I could see this tonight! Will have to wait until tomorrow night to see Sonny let them all have it with both barrels. Grrr... Why the heck did Days wait to write such good scenes for him?! ....because the writers are idiots, and wasted the character as a babysitter for Arianna.

Years ago, they did the same with a really good actress (one of Stefano's offspring who fell in love with Tony, only learn he was her half-brother) The best scene she ever had was her swan-song. I think Tony was running all over Salem to tell her they weren't related--too late. Sorry making this long. But same situation for the actors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow's summary is going to be late. I have a meeting at 3:45 that could possibly go for an hour. That would put the summary at completion between 6:30-7 Central time, volunteers welcome.

Thanks Poirot.

Enjoyed Sonny off telling his family. He even got Xander to shut up.

I was shocked to see Stevano at Justin's door.

Too bad Chad couldn't put Stefano's picture back in the living room instead
of the den.

What did Stevano put in Chad's drink and what will it do to Chad?

What's Julie going to do when she finds out Gabi isn't going to jail?

I remember in one of the earlier spoilers how the actor playing Sonny said it was very hard for him to perform those scenes of yelling at Maggie. I can imagine it was, with the actress playing her part so well, of being so torn up about what she'd done, it would be hard to get up in her face and scream at her. I think they both did a good job!

If Stevano is desperate for money, it seems he's not exactly in control of his empire at the moment, and therefore probably doesn't have a lot of real power. Wouldn't this be a good time for somebody to get hold of him and put him in his place? Like DBF said, sic Xander on him. Except for the fact that he has Kayla hid somewhere, what power does he actually have?

Back