Days of Our Lives - Wed., March 11, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 11, 2020

A bit of movement today, as for a change, NBC did NOT break in! Justin talks to Gina, who tries to convince him to represent her, yammering at how if she loses her microchip, so will Steveano eventually, Steve will be back, Justin will lose Kayla. He just smiles at her blathering, Shawn comes in, Justin refuses Gina and leaves. Shawn tells her the court order covers all medical procedures, showing her the microchip (on his phone??) & they are going to be taking a trip. Next, she is on the hospital bed, fully clothed, even her shoes, waiting for whatever. She yaps & yaps, protesting.

John picks the lock to the gatehouse, enters, tis empty. He sees the book, Marlena's favorite, knows they were there. About to leave, he hears a noise, finds Rolf, drags him off to the P.D. Rolf will not divulge the whereabouts of Marlena & Stevano.

Chad has the letter opener, seems about to stab Kate, she turns around, startled to see him. He flips the opener a few times in the air, says he came to open some mail. She has gotten frustrated, decides to go down to the police station, (has heard John got Rolf).

Sonny & Will playing Uno with Ari (& she is great little actress). She wins, they all tease each other, now time for school, she wants to ditch. Afraid when she comes home, Daddy will be gone again. Will assures her he is going nowhere, will now drive her to school, stop for donuts & hot chocolate. Ari is happy, they can still play games in a.m. Before school, insists on group hug. Will tells Sonny he is going to go see Ben at prison hospital after dropping off Ari.

Rafe in interrogation room with Evan, is pretty laid back, but eventually tells him he will be spending years behind bars, tell him where my son is. Evan protests, he is David's father. Then show it, prove it, yells Rafe. Tell me where he is. All this time, David has been loved, cared for, fed, surrounded by others who love him. Prove you do. Time for Evan's arraignment, he is gone.

Kate comes in, sorry no info on David, says she was suspicious of Evan when he began hitting on Sonny, but she could find no dirt on him.

Ciara is with Ben, lovey-dovey talk, he tells her to leave, been there all the time. She does, goes to hospital. In comes Will with Chicken Ramen & something else, Ben's favs. They munch & chat, talk of Ciara, of Will & Sonny, & how Evan confessing will be freeing Ben.

At the hospital, Gina is doing her haughty Princess bit, wanting out, even takes to screaming for help (that WAS a funny scenes). Ciara comes into Gina's room, greets Shawn D., says she could hear Gina as soon as she got off the elevator. Gina assures them they will not be seeing their mother, but her comments do not bother them at all. Shawn tells her that they will be getting Rolf to remove the chip, & Princess G will be no more.

Over at the cop shop, Rolf is handcuffed to the chair, won't tell them anything. John & Rafe talk outside, John frustrated at knowing where Marlena is. Rolf has said she is now devoted to Stefano. Chad arrives with Kate, offers to talk to Rolf, flashing the Phoenix ring, maybe he will talk to son of Stefano. He goes in, and when alone with Rolf, berates him for not being gone from the gatehouse. Rolf claims he is slow packer. He won't squeal, never fear, but Chad says he has to give them something, if he doesn't want to be locked up........Hope Brady. Rolf is not happy, his greatest creation! John comes in, Chad tells him he got nowhere with Rolf, who won't tell where Marlena is. John is beside himself, then taken aback when it is said Rolf will give them Hope Brady.

Guard brings Evan back to Rafe's office. Arraignment over. Rafe is commenting about Evan going behind bars now.......nope.....judge threw out his confession.

Shawn gets a phone call, hangs up....tells Gina that Rolf has agreed to give them Hope back.

Meaning that if her chip can be removed, so can Stevano's, and it probably would be, then Steve will be back to normal, Kayla will undoubtedly reunite with him, & Justin will "be alone in his bed".

I was absolutely expecting Rolf to "kill" himself again in custody. Figured that's why he wanted the water. Wow Chad. They have to find Stefano and Marlena and end this madness. Let Joe Mascolo (the real Stefano) rest in peace. Come up with another bad guy. I keep saying Stefano had to have a brother that could take his place. Or come up with someone completely new but this garbage has to end. Thankfully Princess Gina will be gone soon. Of course, personally, I think Hope is pretty annoying.

Oh geez, Ben has to be released. They do have DNA on Evan/Christian, right?

I thought it was kind of weird Arianna didn't ask about her mother. Of course, I guess she just thinks she's in the hospital being a good person. Man I can't wait for Ari to be teenager. She is going to be a terror, I can see it coming. And Gabi will deserve everything she gets.

I keep saying Stefano had to have a brother that could take his place.
Stefano was the 7th son of Santo DiMera. One would think he'd have a bunch of nephews and nieces willing to take the reins as the new bad guy/lady in town.
She [Ari] is going to be a terror
With the genes of Gabi, Sami and Kate, seems a given she'll grow up to be a holy terror.

Thanks for this. I won't be able to watch today. Why in the heck is it any of Kate's business to go to the police station when they come in with Rolf? Can't she keep her nose out of anything? (That was rhetorical) She should still be behind bars.

So, Rolf (not a real dr.) is going to get the Gina chip out so he won't have to go to jail? Gina won't give him permission to operate. Kayla would have to risk the hospital credentials to let an unlicensed "physician" do surgery in the hospital. Just more of the medical nonsense that makes this show frustrating. Not to mention Sarah showing the MRI films of the chip to everyone who walks by.

And,@Poirot, I had to laugh when I read that Will came in with Chicken Ramen - since it was capitalized, I thought you were referring to a person and I couldn't figure out who that was!

The thing is, Stefano built his own empire, so only HIS children, so far, have been involved with it. Chad wanted to bring it to a good place, not evil....Tony is still alive, but all the rest are gone. As many progeny as Stefano begat, writers seemed to want to kill them all off. I do think Stefano should just be let to rest in peace. We do not need a bunch of zombie's/hypnotized people wandering around Salem thinking or acting like someone else. That got old with Gina. And now we have Steveano, Chad, Kristen added to "not being themselves". To tell the truth, they seem to be changing Kate's character, as well, she is apologizing all over the place to everyone.

EJ is still alive. So is Kristen. Peter is still alive somewhere. I'm not sure Andre is really gone.

Kristen is herself, isn't she? By that, I mean all over the map and alternately weepy and psychotic, but she's not being brainwashed.

I hope they do rein Kate back into being a decent-ish person. Maybe she and Rafe can get back together.

Legal Stuff:
  • Batty Princess Gina has no civil rights and can't sue anyone because she's not a real person. She has the same status as one of Abigail's old alters.
  • Rafe waving around a pistol while berating a lawyerless Evan was highly improper -- so improper that Bo Brady would have been grinning from ear to ear.
  • Evan's confession being tossed out is no surprise -- it was given while a gun was pointed at his head. However the DNA evidence and his status as Baby David's father should be enough to keep him in legal hot water.
Overstaying one's welcome: Rolf appears to have Fake Rafe disease, an ailment whose main manifestation is the tendency to remain in Salem long after there's any reason to stay.

Getting a child to school: So Will thinks tempting Arianna with hot chocolate and a doughnut is a good way to get her to school. Maybe he should share his ideas by publishing a book entitled Sugar Before School: A Guide to Making Your Child an Eager Learner.

LOL, Dr. B..........I kept thinking that either her school starts very late, or they all get up very early. Washed, dressed, breakfast eaten, playing Uno, and still time for a stop for donuts & hot chocolate. Amazing.
Kids are waiting for school buses in the dark, currently, So probably good thing Daddy Will is gonna drive her.

By the way, folks here are so clever, could we possibly come up with something BETTER for Ari to call her 2 daddies. i.e. Maybe one is Daddy, the other Papa?

LOL, Dr. B..........I kept thinking that either her school starts very late, or they all get up very early. Washed, dressed, breakfast eaten, playing Uno, and still time for a stop for donuts & hot chocolate.

It sounds like she goes to afternoon preschool or kindergarten.
Most preschools and kindergartens here have separate morning and afternoon sessions. Same teachers, but different kids.
I hate split sessions when I work at our of town schools.

Thanks, Poirot.

An interesting day in Salem.

Ben did it :) He told Ciara she needed to be with her mom.
Then she left.

Fun scenes with Shawn, Ciara and Gina.

Drat, darn, and all that that.. Evan is going to be let go because
the judge threw out his confession. I hope no one threw the
DNA evidence away.

Nice to see Ari with her two dads.

Back