Days of our Lives - Wednesday December 13, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
37 minutes

Bistro: Ava is trying to get things started. Harris and Ava chat. They are watching a show together and Harris promises he won’t watch a show ahead.

Horton Town Square: Stefan is chatting unpleasantly on the phone with Clyde. Stefan slams his phone.

Pub: Stephanie is drowning her sorrows and hurt toe with a fancy adult drink and runs into Jada, who is still moving boxes around. Stephanie wants Jada to start drinking with her.

Spectator office: Everett is rereading a story about the kidnapping as Chad walks in. Everett and Chad talk and Chad is being difficult. Chad plans on being hands-on now and actually working at the paper.

Park: Theresa is tossing her kidnapping sweatshirt as Brady and Tate walk up. They think she is retrieving it from the trash. Theresa claims her phone fell in the trash as she was throwing out a used coffee cup. Brady, the over bearing but totally competent dad, has been trying to get a hold of Theresa.

Theresa, the blond scatter-brain, totally competent mom, has said Tate’s old school, the one he caused all the damage at, will accept him back but totally competent Dad doesn’t have a copy of the immunizations and totally competent Mom tells totally competent Dad that he can call the pediatrician just as easily as she can. Brady says he doesn’t have the doctor’s name.

During this stupid exchange Tate pulls out his ear buds and starts to listen to music. Tate appears to be older than 3 so I bet he knows his doctor’s name. Brady claims he wants to have a conversation. Theresa is not believing him as Alex walks up and enters the parent snarkiness conversation.

Spectator office: Chad tells Everett he is a good reporter. They chat and talk about how come Everett is back working at the paper, and Stephanie.

Pub: Girl talk and drinking

Bistro: Ava and Harris are kissing as Stefan walks in on them. Stefan is upset Ava has been laundering money since she had a lemonade stand. Stefan tells her Clyde gave him good news.

Spectator office: Chad and Everett continue to talk about jealousy. Everett has known Stephanie for a long time. What 3 minutes?

Park: Theresa, Brady and Alex argue, then Tate asks to leave. Theresa wants to go. Theresa and Alex are going to a tree farm. Alex has never been to one. Claims growing up in Arizona there weren’t many in the desert. Justin and Adrienne didn’t live in Arizona when they left Salem with the boys did they? Anyway that’s where these two knuckleheads are heading. Theresa is going to use the ax to chop down the tree.

Bistro: Clyde is going to run product out of the back of the store, they both freak out.

Pub: Drunk girls chat about men’s socks, Stephanie said a guy ghosted her, so have a drink. Lots of talk about Jada’s ex. Jada gets ready to share a picture of her ex, then Harris walks in. It’s a day off for Harris too. as he joins the drunk girls' chat.

Spectator office: Everett asks Chad just what his experience working a newspaper is? Being married to Abigail is his answer.

Horton Town Square: Brady apologizes for arguing in front of Tate. Tate is the adult in the conversation.

Alex and Theresa’s apartment: Alex carries a large tree into the apartment. He doesn’t have ornaments or a tree stand. Theresa talks of decorating the tree. Her childhood was rather special once her mom got over her multiple personality disorder and her parents remarried for the third time.

Bistro: Stefan and Ava continue to talk of Clyde’s new demand of drugs being sold AT the Bistro, I’ll take the spaghetti with meatballs with a side of cocaine. Stefan continues the hollow threats killing Clyde.

Horton Town Square: Tate and Brady talk. Tate doesn’t want Brady to talk about his mom.

Alex and Theresa’s apartment, Alex has set up the tree in front of the front door. Theresa is going to go pop some popcorn so they can start decorating. Even without mistletoe they manage to kiss.

Bistro: Ava and Stefan continue to argue over killing Clyde. Ava yells at Stefan for not being Jake. During the argument that follows, Ava calls Stefan "Jake"

Spectator office: boy chat about Abigail. Thomas calls Chad to say his lunch box account is empty, he is angry. Chad realizes he has no idea about lunch stuff since Stephanie took care of it.

Pub: drunk girls talk, and Harris is way behind them in the drunken status. Stephanie wants to call Harris "Harry", but he shuts her down. Stephanie then wants to know how Harris is with socks?

Bistro: Ava and Stefan continue to discuss Jake and Ava’s love

Horton Town Square: Brady remembers what it was like to be young. He recalls being a real jerk to Grandma Marlena. Brady asks about school and Holly Jonas. Brady gives Tate his gold card (credit card).

Alex and Theresa’s apartment: Theresa and Alex decorating the tree with the popcorn is sad. Theresa wants to hang stockings by the fireplace. She hasn’t noticed they don’t have a fire place?? Alex does remember that his family did have a great Christmases with many traditions. Theresa kisses him and demands he makes love to her.

Pub: drunk girls and drunk guy saga continues. Stephanie grabs Jada’s red wine after her many umbrella drinks.

Alex and Theresa’s apartment: the dynamic duo are making love under the tree.

Horton Town Square: Tate calls Holly and asks her out.

Spectator office: Everett and Chad aren’t bonding. They still don’t like each other, Chad’s eyes are open. Both boast of their love for drunk Stephanie. Petty Chad wants Everett to move desks because the one Everett is working at is Chad’s.

Bistro: 6 cases of canned tomatoes (code name for drugs) arrive through the front door, courtesy of Clyde Weston.

Thank you, Robin! A whole lotta nuttin', honey.

If Harris hadn't come in, Jada would have shown Stephanie the pic of her and Everett. Darn it! We still don't know what happened with Jada and Everett's marriage.

I hate that Stephanie was getting drunk, and I think many of us have a feeling that Harris will tell her to sleep it off in his bed upstairs, but as a gentleman, he will sleep in a chair or tub. So far, he is not drunk and hope he stays that way.

Theresa sure likes that sofa, has yet to go into Alex's bedroom. I did like her story about the Christmas tree decorations and how new it is for Alex.

Giving Tate that credit card was a huge mistake. Holly will surely get her hands on it. Bad move, Brady!

There is still no proof that Everett was in a coma.

I like Everett being a straight shooter with people, especially Chad, but still have suspicions about him.

How much longer can Ava keep the Bistro secret from Harris? For the sake of "duh plot," probably longer than we would like.

Gee Alex, I don't think Brady was starting the fight. Really don't like Gwennie T. I would have thought Brady would ask his son where he wants to go to school. Well, Holly should go out with Tate now.

Had to laugh when Ava said she's been laundering money since her first lemonade stand. They are acting like she and Jake were a match made in heaven when they were barely together.

Geez Alex. You might be a bachelor but I'm sure you know ornaments go on the Christmas tree. So is Theresa just after him for the money because he's pretty easy on the eyes too?

Yeah Chad, you probably let Stephanie do too much for YOUR kids that you should have been doing since you're the dad. I really don't like Chad anymore. Only time I liked him was WAY back when he was with Melanie, and wanted nothing to do with Abigail.

I don't really like drunk Stephanie. Wonder what kind of trouble she will get into?

Alex has never been to one. Claims growing up in Arizona there weren’t many in the desert. Justin and Adrienne didn’t live in Arizona when they left Salem with the boys did they?
No, after leaving Salem, Justin and Adrienne moved to Texas with Alex and the twins, Victor II and Joseph, who were babies at the time. Sonny was born in Texas.

At some point Alex, Victor II and Joseph moved to Arizona. Then Sonny, Will and Arianna moved out there to be near them.

Ok, two questions. Can't you buy ornaments in Salem? I'm sure Alex can afford them. Also, if Tate was returning to his old school, wouldn't they still have his records? He hasn't been gone that long. Waaaaay back before I retired as a teacher, I kind of remember records were kept for 5 years or more. But, things could have changed since 2005.

Nameless, he purchased a tree stand. So I'm guessing you can purchase ornaments in Salem, but you know, DUH PLOT.

In California, Arizona and Kansas where I've worked for school districts, yes, they would have Tate's immunization records. The only possible exception would be if Tate has received a Flu/COVID/HPV vaccine since leaving CA, but again, those aren't required. And again, DUH PLOT.

There's really never been much to like about Chad. He's been a snake since he went after Abigail when she was with Ben. Can't believe they gave us the same thing Alex/Ben. Probably a snake longer but I can't remember.

I feel like the writers and the actors just aren't great at doing drunk scenes on this show and they should probably just avoid it.

Thanks robin.

It's odd that Brady needed Tate's school records to go back to the boarding school. Didn't the school in Salem need them too?

Ava and Harris were talking about "Mrs. Davis". It was an episodic show on Peacock that only lasted a season. Nope I didn't watch it.

Was there a reason Ava kept saying Jake and not Stefan? Will she pretend to go crazy when the police (it's the Salem PD, will they
even figure it out?) that the Bistro is dealing with drugs?

Brady wasn't thinking when giving Tate his gold card.

Did Jada pack another box of stuff from her closet or is she just carrying around the same one?

Theresa threw away the hoodie. She should have taken to Goodwill or a homeless shelter instead.

The sock discussion was stupid. And Harris was dumb staying at the table.

Jada and Stephanie kept talking about a Cumberbatch and how a man looks.

Here's a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch

e8165087a829caa524908eea28104102e0ad9e8ce339445e99577c03861bec0b._SX300_.jpg

Ha, there are just some people who catch in my craw. I can't really even figure out what we're supposed to think of Chad but I can't deal with characters that are treated as default good guys no matter what. Abigail was a big one of those for me. She's always been terrible and yet she's a saint. JJ was treated the same when he was around Theresa and she was the worst person ever.

This episode literally put me to sleep, but here are a few comments.

The only person who might be glad about Tater Tot’s return to the boarding school is the kid who would have graduated dead last in the class with him gone.

It’s too bad that foolish Brady never let little Ciara borrow his gold card. That way, she could have cleaned out the Baron’s jewelry department without blackmailing Sami.

Back