Days of our Lives, Wednesday December 18, 2019

CathyD37

Reaction score
I saw the show. Had I known, I would've taken notes. From what I remember: Marlena and Kate are at Brady pub discussing Hope and John's "relationship", bringing us to a lot of flashbacks from 9 months ago, when Stevano and Kate were talking; Kate found out that Hope was actually Gina and was told she should keep her mouth shut otherwise.

Jennifer, Jack and Abby all went to the station to try to trigger her memory back by looking at the security footage; while they are there Rafe gets a call that Rolf was seen and off he goes. In the meantime, Stevano is talking with Rolf explaining that they had the forensic person replace Gina on the security tape with Rolf, as they needed someone easily identifiable.

Show ends Rafe and another cop knocking on the loft door, Gina and Stevano looking like they are trapped.

I will do a very, very quick summary, as, I am sorry to say, I now watch using my FF button. So I'll start, and maybe others can fill the many blanks. :)

John is in the living room, Hope comes in, saying she prepared the salad, etc. John says they need to talk and he proceeds to ask her to move out. I don't know the rest, as I FF, but I think eventually, Hope/Gina does somewhat ask him IF he weren't married, would they have a chance? John answers that he IS married and Marlena is the most wonderful woman, the one and only for him.

Marlena arrives at the pub and talks to Kate about Hope. She asks Kate if she's the bad guy for wanting Hope to move out. Kate flashes back to going to see Stevano and giving him back his ring (the one he wears on his little finger). And seeing Hope. Steve introduces "Princess Gina" and Hope makes a ridiculous gesture. And the rest, I don't know, I FF. But apparently, Kate knows everything and is still the wonderful woman she's always been: she lies to everyone, including the ones she calls her friends. :rolleyes::angry:

Jennifer and Jack are dancing (Jenny still in those ridiculous high heels) when Abigail comes in and informs them that it was really Rolf who pushed Jennifer off the balcony. Jennifer still feels something is off and want to see the footage. Apparently, she remembers nothing. And... that's all I got.

Finally, Rafe is suspicious of Hope. And all I know is that at the end, he comes knocking on Stevano's and Gina's lair, accompanied by police officers. Shocked on both their faces.

Sorry again, that's all I got.

I copied CathyD37's quick summary from another thread here so they're both in the same thread. She must've posted 1 minute before The Writer created this thread, because the system automatically places them in time order, which is why Cathy's post now appears first. But big thanks to both ladies for the summaries for those of us who missed the episode due to the hearings.

Rolf went to Stevano's hideout and Stevano told Rolf he was going to make the ultimate
sacrifice. Rolf is leaving town on a private jet. Stevano told Rolf he will send him the
old portrait when he finds a new place to live.

After Jennifer saw the footage of Rolf pushing her, she still feels there is
something wrong.

Chad and Stevano chatted on computers this time instead of their phones.
Chad told Stefano he wants Rolf found because he pushed his mother in law.
Chad wanted Stefano to turn Rolf over to the police and if he didn't, he
wouldn't be his son anymore. Stefano told him Rolf was working on his own
and he wasn't involved. Of course, Chad believed him.

Nice ending with John and Marlena after she realizes "Hope" is gone.

It's been interesting to see the design on Kate's shirt while we learn she's known
about Stefano and Gina. It has a pattern of a snake.

Hopefully, John and Marlena will change the locks on the door since "Hope" has a key.

Marlena told Kate that "Hope" isn't the same person she's used to. Duh
:)

I really can't wait until this Princess Gina/Stefauxno stuff is over. Let Steve be back. Bring back Tripp. But Kate is absolutely despicable! I can't believe she has known all this while pretending to just be a waitress at the Brady Pub. She is lower than low.

I will be glad too when Jennifer remembers looking at the flashdrive. Seeing that Rolf wanted to turn Hope into Gina! And Gina pushing her off!!

Hopefully tomorrow is good with Rafe at the lair.

Kate really wanted to tell Marlena about Gina being Hope, and it appeared she came close to doing so but then chickened out when she flashed back to Gina and Steve-ano threatening her, if she told anybody. She told them she would keep her mouth shut but then told Gina if she did anything at all to hurt Marlena, she'd have to deal with her (Kate).

The conversation with John telling "Hope" she'd have to move out seemed long to me but at least he did finally make it clear that Marlena is the only woman for him. Then said he'd always be Hope's friend, at which point she made her exit as quickly as possible and broke down crying as soon as she was out the door.

I finally saw the episode today through "on demand." From my point of view it was an exercise in Steve-ano and Gina showing what losers they really are.

Steve-ano: In addition to continuing to take grief from his supposed "pawn," Princess Gina, he continues to act in other un-Phoenix ways.
  • Unlike the real Stefano, he actually sat on that cheap, tacky throne. What's next: getting a faux tiger rug for the warehouse, wearing suits purchased from Salem Cheapo Menswear, and sporting a genuine fake Rolex watch?
  • Dumping the multi-talented Rolf for an unreliable dud like Gina.
Gina: Her impersonation of Hope is pathetic. The real Hope would never beg to stay on as a third-wheel at the townhouse or try feeble come-ons with John. Why can't she go home? Did Andre finally succeed in burning the place down? (John was far too nice when evicting her. Instead, he could have used a line from the old Clint Eastwood film, Heartbreak Ridge: "Don't go away mad. Just go away,")

Ahhh, Dr.B,.........can I just say a "me, too" here, tho I refer to finally seeing this episode today....(after I saw Thursday's) and agree with your comments. Gina (as Hope) attempting to get John to say he cared about her was truly pathetic, & agree that he was just too polite when telling her she was just no longer welcome there.
Real Hope would never have imposed that length of time, and real John would never have been such a dunce when it came to talking to, dealing with her.
So we are left with WHY John has been so clueless, AND knows his wife has not been happy that Hope has been there so long.
We really need the Salem brain to come out of hiding, or storage, or wherever it has been, and get our Salemites having their smarts back. Right now.....they ALL could be dancing on the yellow brick road, singing "if I only had a brain".

Back