Days of our Lives - Wednesday, December 27, 2023

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
39 minutes today, and still Christmas with lots of talking but nothing really moving forward (well except the last 30 seconds). Guess they wanted us to see every resident of Salem on Christmas, whether we care about them or not. Wouldn’t blame anyone for FF through most of today.

Behind The Bistro, Ava and Stefan are checking the “shipment” and around the corner comes Harris. He asks what they’re doing out there and Ava says that due to supply chain issues they were having problems after The Bistro reopened. Stefan says luckily we got it just in time for the holidays. They say they needed to be there to check that everything they ordered was there. Harris asks who is minding the restaurant?

Tate is on the couch in the penthouse playing on his phone and then pulls a book out of the trash, leafs through it, and tosses it in the trash. Holly knocks at the door and asks to come in.

Rafe and Jada are waking up in bed at Rafe’s house. They decide they don’t need to leave the bed yet.

Trip and Wendy are on a park bench talking about how getting out of the apartment was a good idea. Tripp says they’ll meet his mom for an early Christmas dinner. Wendy says she’s dreading calling her mom because she’ll start asking her again to move to China. She knows it would be good for the family but hasn’t decided what she wants to do yet - how can she leave Tripp?

Tate tells Holly he decided he didn’t want to be around the drama of family and stayed home alone. Holly says she came to apologize.

Stefan asks what Harris is doing there? He’s following up on some suspicious activity. Stefan says the only suspicious activity is him being there, then takes some bags of flour into the building. Ava says she’s cold and Harris gives her his coat then says he doesn’t like being lied to.

More talk about Wendy’s family. Tripp offers to go get Wendy a hot cocoa and leaves. Melinda comes over and says Merry Christmas.

Jada notices an antique light fixture on the ceiling in the bedroom. Rafe says he’s not very observant and didn’t notice. He says Gabi and his mom furnished basically the whole house. Jada says she loves it - it feels like home.

Tate offers a drink, he’s trying to be a good host like Grandma Marlena. Holly apologizes for using him to get closer to Johnny. She tells him about getting drunk and pouring her heart out to Johnny. She wishes she’d listened to Tate’s warnings. Tate asks why she was alone on her birthday and Christmas Eve? She says Johnny was actually there and ordered her a cake when he realized it was her birthday but then got called away when Chanel said she was at the hospital with Paulina. Before he left, he told her she should call Tate.

Rafe talks about making tamales, which are a Hispanic tradition in the Hernandez family passed down from his Abuela to his mom, to Gabi. He’s taken over since she’s in prison. He wants to take some to Gabi in prison. Jada says he’s a wonderful brother. He won’t believe that until he finds Li Shin’s real killer and Gabi is back home.

Melinda sits down and offers condolences to Wendy about Li. They rehash her relationship with Li and his passion for Gabi. Melinda says she wishes she was more like that, less driven and more open to love.

Harris says to Ava he wants her to tell the truth. She told him he broke up with her because he had a wandering eye, but that’s not true is it?

More Holly and Tate discussing her obsession with Johnny. She says she wouldn’t blame him if he never gave her another chance because of how she treated him Tate asks is Holly asking for another chance?

Jada suggests doing something silly or distracting to get her mind off of Gabi. She asks to name Santa’s reindeer. He lists some of the reindeer and some of the seven dwarves. Rafe asks her to sing the 12 Days of Christmas. She sings “on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me tamales from Abuela’s recipe!” They speak to each other in Spanish.

Harris accuses Ava of being in love with Stefan.

Holly says she’d like a second chance but wouldn’t blame Tate if he didn’t want to. Tate pulls the gift he bought for her out of the trash. It’s a first edition of “Pride and Prejudice” that he got from eBay. She loves it. She officially bravely asks for that first date.

Rafe brings in the tamales and asks for Jada’s review. She loves them.

Ava takes advantage of the opening and says that yes, she and Stefan are seeing each other. She says he reminds her too much of Jake. Her phone alert goes off for her dinner with Tripp. She apologizes for not being honest with Harris and tells him he’s a great guy.

Wendy and Melinda talk about love being the most important thing. Melinda says she hasn’t liked herself very much lately. Wendy asks for advice about her family and their demands on her after Li died. Melinda asks what she wants? Tripp comes back with the hot chocolates.

Stefan comes out to get a few more bags of flour and around the corner comes Harris with a warning about not hurting Ava, not to mention reminding him about his wife. He’ll have his eye on Stefan.

In bed again, Rafe and Jada talk about how happy they are, even happier than Jada was with her ex. She feels safe with Rafe and he feels the same about her.

Tate and Holly agree to have their date on New Year’s Eve at The Bistro.

Ava meets Tripp and Wendy at a table in the Square. Ava apologizes that she didn’t cook her traditional Christmas dinner but things have been crazy with The Bistro reopening. Before they head in for their reservation, they have news. Ava thinks they’re getting married or that Wendy’s pregnant. They say that Wendy is moving to China…and that Tripp is going with her.

Boring episode. I wish I cared about Rafe and Jada, or Wendy and Tripp, or Harris and Ava or Tate and Holly. I need to get more invested in the current storylines.

If there is a tie between Clyde and Everett, or Everett and Konstantin, or anything that comes out of all of this filler, it may make some of it all worth while. Maybe the DiMera brothers will reunite and fight for something, like against Clyde. Maybe Maggie will surprise us all with the Salem brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holly says she’d like a second chance but wouldn’t blame Tate if he didn’t want to. Tate pulls the gift he bought for her out of the trash. It’s a first edition of “Pride and Prejudice” that he got from eBay. She loves it. She officially bravely asks for that first date.
So she's over her crush on Johnny that quickly?? Really?

If so, I'm surprised. I figured she'd hatch a Sami Brady plan and drug Johnny at some point, climb into bed with him and then convince him he got her pregnant or something. Because that's always an original, not to mention successful, plan. :rolleyes:

I do not like any couple Rafe & Jada. Nope! Tripp & Wendy. Nope! I do like Tripp so don't want him to leave. Rafe needs to have someone new come to town.

Thank goodness Holly is over her crush on Johnny. She and Tate could be cute.

Harris is a little dense and not a very good cop. Investigating suspicious activity and doesn't think Ava & Stefan were suspicious? Didn't notice one bag was cut open? Flour was going everywhere. But Ava plays along that she & Stefan are a thing? No mention of him being married til Harris talks to Stefan.

Action Hero Harris now says that he’s watching Zero. Hopefully, he won’t die of boredom like many viewers.

And now Trippy wants to move to China? Could he get a work visa or would the authorities say something like: “You work at Salem’s University Hospital? Sorry, we only give visas to real doctors.” If he does get a visa, Trippy should know that the Chinese actually expect you to show up for their job and do some work. The Salem work ethic would be an anathema in China.

Thanks, ShaunP.

Harris has really gotten stupid since joining the Salem PD. He doesn't think it's suspicious the owners of The Bistro are
taking food inside the restaurant and not the employees.

And Harris thinks Ava is interested in Stefan. Good grief.

Wow, Rafe and Jada were at his house.

We found out Marlena and John have a cleaning service. It would be interesting to know what all the odd things the
service has found in their house.

Did Tate really buy a first edition of "Pride and Prejudice" on ebay? Probably not.

Wendy and Tripp are both moving to China. I'll believe it when I see them leave.

The Shins are Chinese and live in Hong Kong, I thought. The actor who played Li is half Japanese, I think, but the character has always been Chinese. They’ve never talked about mainland China being where anyone lived.
Except when they were talking about Xiao-Ling (I think that was her name), Li’s childhood sweetheart whom Wei sent to a faraway province (although it was unclear if the Shins lived in the mainland or Hong Kong at the time, I think the use of "faraway province" instead of "the mainland" implies they lived in mainland China at the time).

If Leo was still titulating his readers, today’s headline might read: “Top Cops Fornicate as Deadly Drugs Flood into Salem Harbor!”
DrB, you made me laugh out loud with this!

I am glad they are giving Rafe and Jada some happy time before the inevitable triangle when she learns her ex is suddenly in Salem. I also like that they are still mentioning Gabi.

Thanks for the write up. I had a very long commercial free segment at the end of the show but sadly I didn't really care about any of it. And why do they have weird breaks in the show like they're still filming for network TV commercials?

Tripp and Wendy should definitely go to China and take Ava and Harris with them. And I can probably think of a few others to stuff on the plane. I don't really see the point of Tate and Holly so they can go too.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sami being with Lucas and having the twins, then later with Rafe, are the only two times she was a 100% enjoyable character. But after the hate-boink, the writers just flushed the character down the toilet.

They could've had Sami torn between the love of two good men, like Marlena with John and Roman. But nope, we had her fawning over her rapist and told it was a "love story" and they were the golden couple. :sick:

Back