Days of our Lives - Wednesday, October 11, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
39 minutes

Nicole and Tate chatting in the Town Square, discussing the girl he just met. A replay of yesterday. Tate says this girl Holly did give me her number.

Johnny says look who's joining us, you remember Holly? Holly is all, but aren’t you into girls now? Chanel says well, boys, girls, I’m into both. Holly says that’s a bummer. Chanel says WHAT? Well, that’s a bummer for the dating pool in Salem because you are such a catch, Holly recovers quickly. Johnny agrees and kisses Chanel while Holly watches in disgust.

Marlena drops by the police station to thank Harris. Blah blah, Harris is worried about Ava.

Ava is handcuffed to a chair in the middle of the police station. Susan and EJ walk in. EJ’s harassment starts.

Nicole starts grilling Tate on this Holly person, then she shows a picture of Holly to Tate. Nicole tells Tate that the HOT CHICK is her daughter.

Johnny and Chanel invite Holly to watch the movie with them.

Marlena and Harris chat all things Ava and saving Susan.

EJ and Ava discuss the crash and such, Rafe comes in and Susan refuses to press charges against Miss Ava Vitali.

Tate stumbles over his using the word “HOT”. Tate says that in his mind Holly is just a little kid. Nicole says tell me about it, she’s grown up overnight. Tate wants a good word put in for him, then says that Holly is in love with another guy.

A stupid conversation around the movie (Clueless) and how not creepy it is that Alicia Silverstone and Paul Rudd are a perfect couple even though they are step-siblings. Chanel is into Jeremy Sisto (an actor in the movie Clueless). Strangely enough, the movie is 30 years old AND in color. I said it was a stupid conversation. Holly gets up to get sparkling water for a coughing Johnny.

Marlena and Harris talk again about all things Ava and stuff.

EJ and Susan chat about all things Ava. Susan wants Rafe to get the mystery man who took her from the crash and transported her to Edmund. While Susan’s not pressing charges, Rafe may.

Johnny and Chanel discuss the problems with movie night. Johnny discusses how many people have moved in and out over the past year. Chanel says it’s a low bar she hasn’t tried to kill anybody. Johnny wants to know if Chanel wants to move in together and brave the DiMera dungeon? Chanel says maybe, no. They are kissing as Holly walks in and spills the water all over Chanel’s lap.

Nicole grills Tate about the guy Holly is in love with. Tate has to run off and is quite pleasant with Nicole.

EJ runs into Nicole and says I have the most wonderful news, but before he can tell Nicole anything, Susan comes up with a corn dog? Some fried food on a stick anyway and says to Nicole Wow, you are pregnant. I was with Mr. Commissioner and he didn’t say anything about becoming a daddy? Soap stares around.

Ava can’t believe that Rafe is going to charge her for escaping from Bayview and running off to England. Nope the DA’s office is in a mess because the DA’s office is in a mess due to Trask’s firing. But since Ava was in Bayview under a court order she has to go back.

Marlena grills Harris on his feelings. Mid-feelings talk, Ava comes in, lovey soap stare happens. Rafe breaks the stare with the news they will forget all of the laws, federal and state, that were broken. The end takes care of the law. They are not free to go, they have to go back to Bayview. Marlena will make a call to Ava’s doctors to see if they can be let go.

EJ finally tells his mother that the baby is his. Susan doesn’t think so. Susan asks if Nicole is whoring around on her boy. Nicole explains the entire “tainted biscuits” story. Susan pets Nicole’s baby.

Tate wanders in to Marlena and John’s apartment. Not much has changed since I was a kid, and that was not so long ago. Tate tells Brady that he met a “chick”.

Holly is disappointed that Chanel doesn’t have to go home now that she’s soaked, as Johnny tells her he has a t-shirt that will kinda fit and sweatpants that will kinda fit. Holly rolls her eyes. Holly apologizes for spilling water on everything. Johnny tells Holly that he thinks she’s really cool. Holly wants to tell Johnny a secret.

Rafe, Ava and Harris chat about EJ. Marlena returns with the news that Ava’s doctors think she knows right from wrong and Ava is no longer a risk to society.

Holly struggles to tell Johnny, as Susan comes in. Holly is less than pleased. It’s a loud hug-fest reunion.

Nicole and Holly talk about Tate Black. Nicole asks about the boy Holly is in love with?

Brady tries to chat with Tate about Holly. Tate wants to go to his room. Tate has a room? Brady is upset he had to go to California. Brady did get Tate a job at the Pub. Tate is less than thrilled.

Ava promises to walk the straight and narrow. Ava leaves to call her son so he can come pick her up and take her to his place because she needs somewhere to stay. Marlena offers to drive Harris back to Bayview but he says he won’t be going back. He wasn’t committed, he was there voluntarily and now wants out. He asks Marlena her opinion? Marlena picks at the Ava not being in Bayview scab.

Marlena can’t believe how grown-up Tate is. Tate calls her Granny Mar Mar. Marlena looks shocked. Tate is confused, but wait, that’s what my sister calls you. Marlena tells Tate he can call her Grandma Marlena unless he likes sleeping in the broom closet. Marlena leaves to fix up Tate’s room. Brady joins her and Tate texts Holly.

Holly is upset that Nicole is discussing Holly’s love life in public. Holly gets a text, Nicole leaves her. Holly reads the text from Tate, which was "do you want to hang tomorrow?" Holly replies "you outed me to my mother, you are dead to me." or something like that. Chanel comes down the stairs in an outfit that fits her amazingly well given she and Johnny aren’t actually the same size. Chanel asks what’s going on in that room? Holly tells Chanel she's never going to believe this.

Susan and Johnny and Nicole tell EJ to leave Ava alone. He sort of agrees.

Rafe knows EJ tried to kill Ava.

Harris calls the pub looking for a room. Kate rents out Eric’s old room.

Ava wants to say goodbye to Harris. They share their future living arrangements. It’s touching.

Yeah, guess Tate didn't realize that if he grew up, so did Holly, who is going to be a lot. Was she going to tell Johnny she has the hots for him? But spilling water on Chanel? Sami and Austin again. I laughed too when Nicole said seemed like she grew up overnight. Because she did!

Shows are being longer.

Ava and Harris are a nice looking couple.

So, Rafe calls Ava "Ms. Vitali"? Kind of over-the-top formal for a girl you used to keep in your bedroom. Just saying. It was a bit weird for me, even if probably appropriate for on-the-job interaction.

And Susan is so onto the whole "the baby isn't EJ's" thing. This is hopefully about to be over.

I thought the lines about how quickly the kids grew up was funny and goes along with the other cheesy lines we've heard lately.

Holly is annoying already. That is all I have to say about that.

I like Harris and Ava. For now. Curious to see how the writers plan to mess that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
A stupid conversation around the movie (Clueless)

They should have used Legally Blonde and worked in an Anne Milbauer actress reference. Even a "I think Enid is really the best character" or something would have been good. Really good writers could do that where people who have no idea of the connection don't notice and people who do think it's funny.

Shameless and Clueless: EJ really played the fool today — wanting to prosecute for attempted murder, a woman he tried to have killed. He also showed that after all this time he has no clue about how him mother’s unusual mind works.

Dull and Duller: Chanel and Johnny aren’t exactly fascinating and airhead Holly demonstrated that she fits right in with them.

Churning the Void: Doc actually tried to plumb the depths of Harris’s mind. Doesn’t she know that there’s no there there?

Finding One’s Place: Harris has finally found his role in life: Living at the Pub where he can be Roman’s bouncer while staying fit on a high-chowder diet.

Thanks, robin.

Ava and Harris aren't going to Bayview after all so now they will be roaming around Salem.

Nice to see pop up Kate again.

Rafe said the DA wasn't going to press charges against Ava or Harris. Who did Paulina hire as DA?

Poor Holly, she wanted to tell Johnny a secret, but Grandma Susan came in. That's the Salem way.

Let's see.........Johnny is the son of Sami & EJ...
Holly is daughter of Nicole & Daniel Jonas

Didn't Nicole used to go with EJ, and Sami with Daniel? Maybe that is what was meant?

Well Holly and Johnny will be step siblings once EJ and Nicole get married. This would be much easier to work with if Holly had been off screen. These two have been living together since whenever Rafe threw her out right? And now she's just suddenly involved here and just yuck. I hope this is just some brief stupid thing in introducing her. Really no need for it when they could just go straight to hooking her up with Tate.

Honestly I don't care that much about Johnny of Chanel and adding this to everything is a waste of time. Does Johnny even have a job or is he still yammering about making a movie. Maybe he could make a movie about a bakery that goes out of business because they just give donuts away on the sidewalk and the bakery owner decides to hook up with the woman who poisoned them.

Back