Days, Tues. 5/19/20

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got 1st 5 min. and "breaking news" for another press conference. Hope & Steve at Pub having dinner, mention Ciara engagement. Obvious Hope not thrilled but is supporting her. Marlena calls Steve, needs his help, bring Hope, maybe she can help. Orpheus holding David introduces him to his friend......the bound & gagged John! ......no idea if I get any more later. Been 25 min. and the press conf. continues.

Ah, so got the last 20 minutes or so. Evidently Xander was successful in not only rescuing Maggie, but using CPR, brought her back. Kayla & Will rush in, Maggie taken to prison infirmary, will be fine. Xander tells Maggie she did not cause the accident, was set up, so did not kill Adrienne or Mickey. Will notes Sarah, Sonny, Justin will all need her to help them deal with this now. After Kayla & Will leave, Maggie thanks Xander, who not only saved her life, but relieved her of her guilt.

Kayla returns to hospital, Justin & Sonny are with Victor, she tells them all the good news that Xander got there in time, saved Maggie, she is in infirmary now. She also explains that Maggie did not cause the accident, going thru the entire scenario, without naming the person (Orpheus). Sonny insists on her telling them who it was.

Marlena has Steve, Hope, Zoey, Rafe all with her, explains about Orpheus having John, wanting 10 million. Phone rings, and rings and rings, til Steve tells her to answer it, put on speaker. So everyone hears as Marlena says she has the money, tell her the bank. Orpheus guesses correctly that Marlena has her posse assembled, and is on speaker. She tries to deny, he knows her. Figures Steve has to be there. Steve admits he is.....so now all the threats get exchanged, references to the past, etc. Orpheus also guesses Rafe is there, who says he wants his son back, Orpheus says, not your son. Steve wants to know if John & David are o.k. Orpheus removed John's gag long enough for John to say he & the boy are o.k. , Orpheus shoves the gag back.

Zoey pipes up - you are not going to get away with this, dad. Orpheus not pleased his daughter has turned, she promises to talk to DA on his charges, lighter sentence, Orpheus refuses, notes her brother trusted her and look what happened to him. So now he penalizes Marlena for breaking the rules, another 5 million, she promises to have it, and come alone. He will call her tomorrow.

Thank you for the summary. I was wondering what the shocking news was that Kayla was going to tell Justin and Sonny, so now we know. I had thought it might be about Adrienne, but it kind of was.

Haven't been watching lately, but is Orpheus on a status of being immune to any charges or shouldn't he be in jail for causing the accident, vehicular homicide AND kidnapping?

Orpheus was somehow declared immune from all previous charges against him by ISA. However, he does now face charges for these new crimes you listed, LisaK. This is what Zoey offered to talk to the DA about, but Orpheus refused. He figures on skipping off somewhere with David & the $$$.

I liked the brief mention of Shane. (Marlena told Steve to call Shane on his own phone since Orpheus has eyes and ears in the ISA)

Also liked Zoey re-introducing herself to Marlena after all those years ago on the island when Orpheus forced Marlena to be a "mother" to his children.

Really Will? Kayla needs to got to prison with you? Oh that's right she is one the only doctor in Salem.

I did like that Zoey pointed out to Rafe his family criminals. He does tend to forget . . . or ignore.

I thought it was good that Maggie's neck was very red.

Hope, really? Was now the time to take Rafe aside and make it all about you? Hope or Gina, I don't like either one.

David was a cutie today!! It's too bad Orpheus is a bad guy. I like the actor and he's pretty good looking.

Obvious Hope not thrilled but is supporting her.
I feel like this is the only way for them to go. I couldn't stand another round of Hope vs Ben nor do I want to see Hope thrilled that her double-heiress daughter is marrying a triple murderer.
Maggie thanks Xander, who not only saved her life, but relieved her of her guilt.
As a general point, I think it was pretty cheap to have Orpheus be the accident-causer. Summer would have exonerated Maggie but still allowed her to feel guilty. And having her survive suicide and deal with her guilt would have been an original story for Days.
Also liked Zoey re-introducing herself to Marlena after all those years ago on the island when Orpheus forced Marlena to be a "mother" to his children.
I still find it so implausible that I wish they'd just ignore it.

You know, I really miss grey villains. Orpheus is so filled with hate & bile, he's not even pretending to be rootable. No wonder they cancelled his show on KACL. (George Del Hoyo, who plays Orpheus, had a recurring role on Frasier in its early years as a radio priest.)

He does tend to forget . . . or ignore.
Yes, like he forgot that he helped a big stinky murderer flee charges, too. Really he and Zoey are of a kind.
I’m kind of curious to see if they are going to work in the quarantine somehow.
Knowing how irresponsible Days is with its attempt to tell socially relevant stories, they'd probably have people wearing masks under their noses, Julie arming herself to demand Abe allow her to reopen, and the hospital staff wearing their masks backwards and touching their face then treating a patient. And of course there'd be the inevitable near-miss death that Kayla diagnoses, only to have a miracle recovery at the last minute.

So I say let's hope not! :)

I liked the brief mention of Shane. (Marlena told Steve to call Shane on his own phone since Orpheus has eyes and ears in the ISA}
So the ridiculous ISA is riddled with Orpheus informers. (We already knew that it was loaded with DiMera spies (remember the unsafe safe house being blown up.}) This is more evidence that the wretched ISA should be disbanded. As for other doings, here are a few comments.

Xander: What a hero he is now: saving Maggie's life, and being able to tell her that she didn't cause the deaths of Adrienne and Baby Mickey. Certain people will probably have trouble to adjusting to Xander's new status. Imagine gloomy Eric fuming as he hears people around him heap praise on the X-Man.

Orpheus: He'll never win a granddad of the year award -- taking poor Baby David to some seedy warehouse where he's keeping a hostage. And he hasn't showed any smarts in his choice of a hide-out. Everyone in Salem knows that hostages are always kept in cabins and warehouses. Sooner or later, the Rafe-Steve gang will sort things out, rescue John, and hopefully nail the perverse Big Zero.

Marlena: Who knew that she had $10 million in liquid assets? Her low-patient-volume psychiatric practice must be far more successful than anyone thought.

I don't think they will do anything to include the quarantine or social distancing. First of all, it is a year later, and Heaven help us if we are still doing this stuff then. Also, I am sure that Dr. Rolf would be able to create a vaccine and use that to be out of jail by now.

Marlena: Who knew that she had $10 million in liquid assets? Her low-patient-volume psychiatric practice must be far more successful than anyone thought.

I was wondering how they became so rich myself. Maybe Marlena's second and third jobs at the jails and Bayview.

Also with all the jails so close how come no one ever goes to visit Joey?

The Salem Money Tree takes care of it's own! LOLOLOL

The thing is, no one ever talks about "how much" money anyone has. Ciara has a couple of trust funds. Victor has an endless supply of $$$. And after all, would anyone in Salem brag if they won a huge lottery? LOL. Who knows what and from whom any inheritances may have bestowed on anyone in Salem.

Thanks, Poirot.

Xander saved Maggie. Then he told her the truth about the accident.
Does this mean he saved her twice in one day?

Poor Shane, Steve was going to "pick his brain" :)

David said his favorite word twice today "Yeah"

Hope told Steve that Ciara was engaged to Ben. Interesting comments
they made before Marlena called him.

Will wore another non-plaid shirt.

Orpheus talked to Marlena and figured out she had the 2nd rate Avenger team
with her. He called Steve Nick Fury. Nick Fury wears an eye patch in the movies.

Back