Hey Kenny, NBC and Peacock, you can do this too

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://tvline.com/news/general-hos...aving-chris-van-etten-dan-oconnor-1235137599/

There’s been an earthquake in Port Charles, metaphorically speaking.

General Hospital insiders confirm to TVLine that head writers Chris Van Etten and Dan O’Connor will be departing the ABC serial. They will be replaced by current GH script editor Elizabeth Korte and celebrated soap vet Patrick Mulcahey (GH, Santa Barbara, Guiding Light).

The behind-the-scenes switch comes just weeks after GH celebrated its 60th anniversary with a splashy ABC primetime special, one that announced the return of fan favorite Steve Burton (aka Jason). It also comes a little more than a month since the sudser won its third consecutive Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series.

Mulcahey worked at GH in the mid-to-late ’90s, first as a script writer, then as a breakdown writer before becoming associate head writer
The new material from Korte/Mulcahey will begin airing in March.

GH, which premiered on April 1, 1963, is the longest-running scripted drama and the longest-running American soap opera currently in production.
An ABC rep declined to comment for this story.

I'm just jealous because they're changing writers now and the new material will air in March. That's kind of fast, but you'd think Days could make its way toward not filming so far ahead. I think it kills the storytelling.

Last edited:
Was gonna post same thing......he is so into his music.........that is how the fired guy gained so much power. Kenny is not of the same ilk as his parents were about the show. Heck, he cannot even look around and find additional crew. With other soaps having ended, there are many talented people available, (yes some are employed elsewhere now) but Kenny never took advantage. Always felt I would have loved to see Kim Zimmer on Days as a character going up against Kate! LOL. Back then, would have been exciting to watch.

Back