It really came to this?

I don’t see them putting Jada with Eric. So far, the pregnancy seems to be focusing her on just how much she and Eric aren’t right for each other and also, she doesn’t seem to be in love with him at all. This sets up her being with Rafe nicely, and I’m crossing my fingers the writers follow through. It’s one decent setup they’ve established. Of course, it’d be just like them to ruin it.

On the winter preview, it appeared that Rafe and Jada are spending perhaps New Years together. It showed a scene that looked like them observing perhaps some New Year's fireworks. I agree that perhaps they could be like a new Bo and Hope. He seems to already care about her a little extra past what a police commissioner would. I would like to know more about Jada's backstory. I have a feeling at some point her history could/should come up, in a storyline, other than just a mention about her ex. She mentioned on Thursday's episode that her history with him was "complicated". We need further explanation :head scratch:

Side note, is it just me or does it seem like Rafe and or Shawn-D are the ONLY cops that ever go out in the field, well, I guess Jada now also but seems like an awfully small PD, if the police commissioner is out in the field. Most police commissioners that I know of are more office jockeys. Anyway, seems that Jada and Rafe are headed for a couple collision course, possibly, in the near future. I think she ought to tell Eric to pound sand, other than support in co-parenting their kid.

On the Thanksgiving episode, even though Marlena has every reason to not offer any emotional/psychological support to EJ, it goes to show how professional she is. And more importantly, she knows, despite his misgivings, it was the right thing to do, as a good friend of Susan's. I feel like the scenes between EJ and Marlena were a nice interaction, with real depth. I think they nailed it.

EJ is truly a snake most of the time, but even then, he doesn't deserve to lose his mom. He is right on a level, that his arrogance was a contributing factor in both Abigail's murder, and Susan's (assumed) death.

I just wish that Ava hadn't listened to her bat-crazy, dead son, instead of the smart, handsome, living son Tripp. I was really starting to like Ava, when she was earnestly trying to go legit, when she was with Rafe. And then both Rafe (kind of on a high horse a little) and Nicole had to fool around with each other, and ruin the progress that Ava was making.

Good, or bad, I love the work that Tamara Braun (Ava) does with her character. She really makes me believe her, in either mode angel or devil. I will be sad to see her go, she has and intelligent intensity/sensitivity about her (except when she's listening to Charlie Dale), and don't even mess with her kids. TPTB really have backed her into a corner though. Really sadly, nowhere for Ava's character to go, other than on the run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rafe is the modern Roman Brady of Days. He deserves so much better than this. The various "writers" have ruined every relationship this poor good guy has been involved in. They also would not let him keep his adopted son (Jordan's boy). Why must arguably the only morally decent character on this show suffer constantly? I'm disgusted. :tsk:

She seems to be that way Soapkitty. I think she is very insecure, like Jada said on Thursday's episode, so she's kind of a self-fulfilling disaster area, always waiting to happen. I just wish the writers would write this show and characters like they actually wanted to keep it on the air.

There are a lot of stories that they could portray that would really resonate with the viewers, or develop the characters, like Nicole, with more depth. I like when I see her scenes and friendship, with Abe.

This show does have some really talented actors/actresses to work with but they do them, and us the fans, a disservice when they write so poorly for them.

Back