Leo's mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony or Andre's kid i
...or Peter's. *wink*

I just think it would be very odd to pick such a random character without bringing back the actress who played her originally. (Without checking I'd say this could have been when Genie Francis was off of GH, which was a major thing six months or so (?) ago.) And then to bring on an actress who has already played a different character...ugh.

I'm already having nightmares about EJ/Taylor/the scarf/Ava.

Jason47 has published taping &air dates...and says.....Judith Chapman taped 9/24-28/18 which airs 4/12-23/19, and is playing Diana Cooper. All confirmed.

That's the week that T-Boz's assistant posted a video from the makeup room which showed Judith Chapman on the cast photo chart. It's the week Judith was confirmed to be back at Days. It doesn't mean it was her first week on the show, she could show up much earlier than April.

It's a shame they're now seven months ahead.

I did update the taping schedule somewhat this week. I couldn't get confirmation as to exactly what episode they finished 2018 with, but was told they were not yet where I had them (around 13650), so I went back to the prior 8 weeks of taping and started listing them as 15 episodes (as opposed to 16 episodes) taping every two weeks. My estimates might still be a little off, but shouldn't be too far off, with the beginning of August taping this week.

Yes, Judith Chapman and Greg Rikaart (Leo) played mother and son on Y&R for years.

As JasonDiSpeech noted, if Judith Chapman is playing Diana Colville, just seems like such a random character to bring back. She was only on for a few years and other than her relationship with Roman/John, had no ties to Salem.

I say, hooray for a character in Salem who is NOT interrelated with long established characters.

I say, hooray for a character in Salem who is NOT interrelated with long established characters.
I'm totally for that, too. But just make Leo's mother some random woman. Don't see any point in making her an old character from 30 years ago. And if it is true that she's Diana Colville, they've totally rewritten her personality, since Leo said she was a terrible mother.

Would've made more sense to have Rory's mother be Leo's mother. Leo could've been Rory's older half brother that he didn't have much contact with.

but then remember you are hearing only Leo's version of his childhood..... his mom could have been wonderful but finally said NO to him when he wanted a shiny new car at age 16 and so he has now made a completely new "history" of a terrible mom.... gets more sympathy for his terrible childhood....

Just saying it could happen....

Yes, but WHERE did they ruin her life? LOLOLOL

Back to topic...
I forgot that Greg Rikaart (Leo) and Judith Chapman (ex-Anjelica; soon-to-be Diana) had been mother/son on Y&R. I thought we'd learned our lesson about stunt casting with Jordan, Serena, and Sarah.

I forgot that Greg Rikaart (Leo) and Judith Chapman (ex-Anjelica; soon-to-be Diana) had been mother/son on Y&R.
And on Y&R, Judith Chapman's character was a pushy, manipulative, trouble-making mother to Greg Rikaart's (Leo) character. Makes you wonder if Days is going to try and recreate that dynamic. I mean, that's something new for Days, right? (cough, cough, Kate, cough, cough) :sarcasm:

You are correct. That would be kind of funny, though.

For those not aware, Ted Shackelford also played Gary Ewing on Dallas and Knots Landing back in the day, before ending up on Y&R years later.

IF this character is supposed to be Diana Colville, it's a shame they couldn't have gotten Genie Francis to reprise the role. I don't like seeing "big name" actors taking over a role, like Morgan Fairchild as Anjelica last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back