Marlena & John, Thurs., 10/29

dayzfan4life

Reaction score
I loved seeing Marlena getting huffy with John today when he came out with the suitcase. For years the writers have made Marlena into a whiny crybaby, but she has now grown a backbone. I equally loved it when John called HER out by reminding her there is NO way Sami would come to Marlena about EJ's letter. He's right, but I never thought he would say it like that! I am little mad at John for taking off to search about his past so soon after Will died. He should be home supporting his wife. Just my opinion.

I am enjoying these 2 getting some airtime!

It was pretty thoughtless of John to just tell Marlena with his bag already packed as he's practically walking out the door. I also think he should have changed his plans to help Sami. I liked when the show had them make up and get along. She's a daughter to him. I thought he would have shown more concern for her.

SarahBeth, that has been one of my beefs for years. Sami spent most of growing years with John, knowing and loving him as a father. Same as Eric but the writers always seem to revert to their estranged relationship. Sami can love Roman and John as fathers because for all intents and purposes, they both are. The writers portray Carrie's relationship with John very well when she is on and an even better relationship with Marlena, who again, is her mother, just not biologically.

And while I am on this subject, it always bugged that Will would call John, John......and not grandpa. Sorry, but John IS his grandfather as he has known Will his whole life.

I think that's more so as not to confuse anyone, though- New viewers, etc. Sure, "so and so raised me" is a simple enough explanation, but I understand why it's probably just easier to have the characters just use first names.

If memory serves, it's John's employers who are demanding that he leave town immediately. I feel that John would delay his roots-searching for a while if it were up to him. :rolleyes:

I think it was something ISA related; John said he couldn't put it off anymore and that he tried, and if he didn't go it would hinder the roots-search or something, maybe. I wasn't paying nearly as much attention to John as I was Marlena.

Except that now, John told them to get another agent, and told Marlena that who is parents are ...that is in the past. he is looking to the future and SHE is his family.

John has not left the ISA, only is being more select about the cases he will take on. He only joined in order to use their data bases, contacts to trace his own background.
However, I do agree that with info he already has, he could possibly be successful without the ISA. heck, Steve was in it, Shane, others.....he does have contacts.
Heck, just go to Ancestry.com, join up, do the DNA thing there. LOLOLOL

While I agree, Marlena had every right to be angry when he walked out of the bedroom with his bags packed. I did think her turning her head away was childish when he was leaving and tried to give her a kiss goodbye. If Will's death teaches anyone anything, it's you never know how much time you have. She would regret that action should something happen to John on one of his "missions".

Back