Oh shut up, Hag and Hag, Jr.

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Oh my gosh what a couple of banshees Jenn and Abby are. I could understand an initial reaction of "that's a dangerous job". But good grief, they went overboard. Do they not realize that becoming a cop doesn't mean quitting college? Law Enforcement/Criminal Studies is a major at universities and you get a faster track at becoming a detective. But the level of opposition was almost hateful.

JJ is an adult and it's his decision, but those banshees thought they were gonna badger him into something else. Good grief, Jenn should be glad her ex-pot selling son is going a good direction in his life.

Abby was the one that got me. She acted like she was the mother. :rolleyes: ugh. Tone it down, Abby. Geez. Your kid will run away as soon as he/she is put in the hospital nursery because it will be afraid of you. Next, instead of where is the Emmy, it will be where is Babe-a-gail hiding from Mommy :sarcasm:

I thought it was a little strange that JJ even had them there at all. If he's man enough to decide that he wants to be a cop, then he certainly should be man enough to talk to Roman about it without his mother and sister in the room, too. It's a big life decision, yes....but what kind of reaction did he really expect?

I felt bad for JJ. I mean good grief, Jen and Abby aren't supportive of him no matter what he does. I mean, considering the bad choices he was making before, it's nice to see him want to do good.

I understand Jen, as a mother, worrying about her baby boy...but she could have said "I will worry about you day and night, but I support you and I'm so proud of you for wanted to do something positive."

I don't think it was a situation where he wanted mommy and sister holding his hand as he talked to Roman, it came off to me like he and Roman had figured it out and were jointly telling them the news; Roman was there to have JJ's back and answer any questions they may have. I also think JJ was anticipating support, and didn't receive any, except from Roman. And that's sad, given his past. Jennifer and Abigail should be happy for him. And Abigail has no room to judge anyway... She's engaged to a serial killer.

This is reminding me of "Every Loves Raymond's" mother going to the FBI office to advocate for her son Robert, who had applied for a job. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What Jennifer and Abby need to understand is this not their decision to make, it's JJ's. I know they are both scared about what could happen to him. However, they can't make him a prisoner of their fear. Sometimes Jennifer, your children are going to do things you don't like or agree with.

Bristow3269, I'm so glad that none of the mothers on this board are like Jennifer when it comes to letting their children grow up and take part in planning their lives. :wink:

Back