pretzel treat with kisses/hugs & M&Ms

redsquirrel

Reaction score
These are little treats that you can eat in one or two bites.

When I made them with Hershey hugs, my b-i-l couldn't figure out how I put the little tiny stripes on the white chocolate. LOL

1 bag - mini pretzels - regular shaped twists, round, or square (NOT BUTTER FLAVORED!!!!!)

1 bag - UNWRAPPED Hershey kisses or hugs (hugs melt better)

1 bag - Christmas red and green M&Ms (Use pastel M&Ms at Easter, orange & brown at Halloween)

1. Preheat oven to 200* F

2. Place pretzels on cookie sheet in rows.

3. Place 1 kiss or hug on each pretzel.

4. Put in oven for 2 minutes. Older kisses may take a little longer.

5. Lightly press an M&M on top of each melted kiss or hug. Be careful not to get burned.

6. Let cool until chocolate hardens.

7. Place pretzels in air tight containers in a cool place. (I use wax paper in between layers of pretzels so they pack easily.)

I never thought to post it here until PAllison and I completely confused Poirot on Facebook last night when we talked about needing help unwrapping candy.

If you use the hugs, they look like you slaved over them.

1 bag - UNWRAPPED Hershey kisses or hugs (hugs melt better)

Are you sure they need to be unwrapped....??? That is such alot of trouble...!!!!!

Still waiting for that cute little servant boy to show up...or the elf....I'll take whichever rings my bell (doorbell that is....!!)

made some of these last night, without looking up this recipe. We tried them using regular kisses and some with carmel kisses, but the carmel liquifies inside and when you smoosh the kisses down, they kind of ooze out, but I stuck 'em in the freezer for about an hour and they came off the parchment paper really nice (oh, yeah. I lined the pans with parchment paper). Stored them in a container in fridge. The carmel ones are reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly tasty!
oh, and I just used normal M & Ms.

easy to make and they look so cute! and yes, unwrapping the kisses is the hard part of the recipe! LOL I think the next time I make them I'll use the square/checkerboard style to hold the melted chocolate better.

I couldn't get the wrappers off of the M & Ms! or the W & Ws, depending on how you look at 'em!

Back