Upcoming hosting changes

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know the thread title sounds ominous, but hopefully it'll all go 5x5 (military slang for "according to plan")

To explain, the other day, I received a note from our Web host saying that PayPal was no longer being accepted as a means of payment for them. Since 2011, I've been on the same thing, so this was kind of a shock. With life for me now being REALLY stressful, I haven't had the time to pay attention to most anything other than my family and work. LONG story there, so I'll skip over it.

Anyway, when I got the e-mail from hostgator, I logged into my account to resolve the issue. It was only then that I realized that the cost of hosting with them had gone up about 70% in the last year. Since it was all paid through Paypal, I never even noticed. Silly me.

I called them just now to discuss options and found one I think will work a bit better and still provide solid service for us at a fraction of the cost. To that end, over the next few days, they will be performing a migration to the new server in the background. I'm assured that there won't be any down time, but hey, I can only believe what they tell me, right?

Anyway, if you have questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know and I'll be happy to try and address them.

Wayne

I have been trying to see if there was something like PayPal that would work, but haven't been successful, (yes, life has a way of interfering in the best laid plans, doesn't it? Fingers crossed, it all works out, and......a few prayers, as well.

Thank you, Wayne...........

By the way, I don't use Apple, but family members do, so Apple Pay is one thing. So is Google pay & there are others, but.....each has their own rules, percents, etc. don't know much about the ins and outs, but I know Wayne sure does.

Oh no. Thanks very much for asking, and @Poirot, thanks for the information. It's not really about the money itself. That in itself isn't really the issue. It's the idea that they went up 70% or so and their only response was "we sent you an e-mail". At one point, I was getting about 400 spam messages a day and had about 2800 unread messages in my box. Like I said, with a full house here including a one-year-old grandson and father-in-law, I am just always stressed and/or busy with something.

I got hold of an e-mail managing program that helped unsubscribe to lots of them, but Lord only knows what else I accidentally deleted in the process.

Wayne

It is so kind of you to do all you do for us. Wayne, you are the MAN!

Our Thank You Dance. Free Thank You Day eCards, Greetings | 123 Greetings

Am guessing that the process of moving the site and settling it takes a bit of time.....and it all stops on the weekends, so will probably resume today.

Thanks to all of you, I hope you understand just how much time we all spend here with you all. Please know you have our full support and love. Let us know if we can be of any help in any way. Remember we know how much time and love you all put into Spectator and it surely shows and makes a big difference in our daily lives.
:big hug:

Will the url change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good. My devices have this site bookmarked.

Back