SPOILER !! Week June 11

Instead, as usual, everything is always Me, Me. Me, with Claire.

In Claire's defense, her longtime boyfriend just broke up with her while she was overseas and she admittedly was not in the right mind when she got back. In this case, I think it's less about Claire being selfish and more about Claire being distraught herself. Now I do think her kissing Tripp and whatever happens next is totally selfish and unnecessary right now, but I'm willing to cut her some slack on not mentioning the rape.

This seems to be another one of those stories where Ron is trying to fix things a bit too late. We know Tripp used to have a crush on Claire. When Ciara was in Hong Kong, that should have been played up to the point where the audience knew Claire had suppressed feelings for him too but wouldn't act on them. We could have seen them longing for each other all this time. Instead, the kiss comes off as another case of potential grief sex.

As much as I liked Ciara and Tripp, I had a gut feeling it wouldn't last, especially during the whole contest storyline when he voted for Claire instead of his girlfriend. I'm kind of hoping this whole "Ben saves Ciara" storyline sparks a new romance (over lots of time and character development, writers, PLEASE don't rush this one) and that a triangle doesn't start out of this Tripp/Claire/Ciara deal. But as I said in another thread, I'm scared to root for any pairing these days since everything is changed up from week to week lately.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the tried and true "none of them really died" twist with Ben where Paige and all of them show up again. It's odd that only Will survived, especially after Rolf wrote that whole bit about "the others." If they decide to make Ben a regular non-psycho, it would make a quick fix, though to be honest, I kind of hope they don't take the cop-out and actually delve into his psychosis and what it is doing to him now that he's hopefully well.

Guess that makes me sound like a complete wacko, but it's a TV show. I can buy it if they really make him suffer, then do a whole bunch of cool stuff to redeem his own character. :wine:

Last edited by a moderator:
It could have been another pity sex, but thank goodness it didn't happen. I like Tripp and Ciara.

Spoilers from http://buzzworthyradiocast.com/?p=3692

Xander makes a pitch to Victor to make him CEO of Titan.

-Brady and Eve are stunned when Theresa drops a bombshell.

-Claire and Tripp feel guilty for hurting Ciara.

-Theresa has a steamy proposition for Brady.

-Hope gets a lead on Ciara’s whereabouts.

Oh, I have a hunch she squeals that Victor knew everything, and said nothing......Theresa is always out to make herself look good. And yes, Vic did know why she went with Mateo, undercover........what a laugh. (Yes, that all was very poorly written)

Ben tries to earn Ciara’s trust. [What's his pitch going to be: "Sure, I strangled several people and tried to burn Chad and Abigail alive, but unlike EJ DiMera I really have changed -- honest."]

Xander makes a pitch to Victor to make him CEO of Titan. [Victor ought to consider this. Right now, Titan's biggest enemies are devious Kate and Mr. Slimy O. McSleaze. Neither Big Boy Sonny nor Brady, the last of the red-hot lovers, could handle these two, but Xander would eat them alive. In fact the very sight of the muscular, ominous Xander would send Kate over to Doug's Place for a few vodka martinis, while Vivian's repulsive son would probably lock himself in "Gabby's" old underground lair.]

Brady and Eve are stunned when Theresa drops a bombshell. [About the only thing Jeannie T. could announce that would be so unexpected that it has true bombshell quality would be if she announced that she's taken a vow of celibacy.]

Talk about hokey nonsense. The ISA is afraid of Mateo, and can't touch him. Victor claims he's untouchable and both Shane & Victor agree that Jeannie T needed to sacrifice herself for the sake of her loved ones. So Jeannie T spends over a year with him, and gets nothing.

Chloe, the opera singer from Salem, gets kidnapped, and within a few weeks she manages to save her rescuers from certain death, while killing the untouchable Mateo, in front of his henchmen. And she is back in Salem, and it appears that nobody followed her. Talk about ridiculous writing. I can buy the back from the dead nonsense, but this? Come on! (Sorry no spoiler here, just had to vent)

Twas a few days, not weeks!!! Personally, I don't buy any of Theresa's excuses. I think she was treated very well down there, enjoyed the sex with Mateo, & didn't try very hard to get "evidence". And I don't think Brady & Tate were all she thought about. Just me....I know others feel differently, and consider Theresa a martyr who is now being ill treated.

Back