SPOILER !! Week Mar 26

I really have trouble believing Steve will stay blind for long, so the resonance of this story is nil. I'm sure it will provide great acting and good scene work but I'm feeling meh about it. (Also I'm a little sick of rabid Steve/Kayla fans calling for John's head in other corners of the internet.)

I agree as well. Though it would be nice if Bill Horton or Mike Horton would happen to return to Salem with the cure.

Read that article about Steve. It is why, when not on camera, he immediately flips the patch upwards. Hey, modern medicine makes great strides, improvements all the time. Whoever heard of transplanted organs years ago? And now, they not only reattach your own severed limbs, but people have gotten hand transplants as well. I don't care if Patch has to have an artificial eye, perhaps, but yes, restore his vision!

I have long wished for Steve to get a miracle eye, so I'd be happy if he comes out of this crisis with two good eyes. NOTICE.... there are NO spoilers saying he will get two good eyes. Just some opinions being expressed.

The thought of Chad and Stefan almost coming to blows does nothing for me but make me roll my eyes. :rolleyes: I'd do the same, even if they actually came to blows.

Maybe he can get the other eye fixed and wear patch on a different eye.

I think the eyepatch fits Steve Johnson's image, so don't think he will end up with two good eyes.

This is the response I've gotten before when I've said I wish they would fix it. It does make sense so I understand why many would feel that way but the patch is a distraction to me. I guess I'll wish but not expect.

All of us can wish, but not expect, because the writers made the decision for us.

Old Cowgirl, I remember when Steve's eyesight was restored several years ago. I read (don't remember where) that viewers/fans didn't like Steve without the patch, so he lost the eye again. I like him with the Patch because that's the way I've always seen him and, again, I think it's part of the identity of the character.

His sight wasn't restored. Marcus (his friend, who was a doctor) was able to operate, fix the eye socket and fit Steve with a prosthetic eye. It was so he could infiltrate a religious group that was up to no good. Later, during a fight, the socket was so severely damaged, he could no longer wear the prosthetic eye.

If only Daniel were still alive. He could just run his fingers over Steve's eyes and Steve would not only be healed, but he'd grow a new eyeball that had perfect vision.
Too much to hope another one of Maggie's eggs was tossed into some unsuspecting sap and we'll have another grafted eggmiracle? LOL

I'd take 10 Daniel Jonases any day over 1/2 of a StefanNo.

His sight wasn't restored
Thanks. I meant to say his eye was restored. :)

As many fans know, Steve was shady, to say the least, when he first came to Salem. Good girl, Kayla Brady, fell for bad boy, Steve Johnson, and it made for a very good storyline. We got to see him fight their mutual attraction and her continuing to help and support him no matter what he did. It was a forbidden love, of sorts, and there was a certain mystique to the character. Theirs was one of the best soap love stories of all time. (Ah....SIGH!) I still think the patch is an integral part of Steve's persona, and I don't believe TPTB will get rid of it.

Last edited:
I hope we get to see this

JPI_Episode13307_0001725283.jpg

Back