What about Poirot??....and????

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I cannot remember if ever I introduced myself, my partner, Wayne, and how we all came about. Maybe so, several years ago, but we have a lot of members since, so..........

Me...Poirot. My name was chosen because years ago, not even knowing what the heck a "user name" was, I had an Agatha Christie book sitting on my desk, so being a huge fan, just chose Poirot (after a couple other names were already taken.

But, I was lucky enough to be accepted by Early Edition as a summary writer, once a week, subbing on occasion for the others. It truly was heartwarming, when I was sidelined because of an auto accident when only being there a couple months, and had so much support and well wishes.
I moderated a Days board for another site, was pulled in to do the same for a Guiding Light board there, and even though I did not watch, got pulled into moderating the Passions board there. I devoted a lot of time energy, and expertise there. I did bios, summaries, and more. Eventually, the board owner and disagreed about the ....well, let's call it the get to know each other thread, which he constantly was deleting, lol. Anyway, whatever........I was out, banned, and think again if you do not think I have a problem with the site, being as how much I had contributed so many years, for free. And there was Wayne, totally indignant that I had been banned, - hey, he was just a poster like everyone else...and he spoke out. Guess what? He got banned as well.

And so, he wanted to form a Days Board of our own. *I declined. He persisted. I was not in favor, but..........well, the rest is history, and here we are. Some of the posters from there came here, some from another board joined up as well,

A few months later, my fellow Early Edition writers decided to call it a day, and ended that so successful enterprise. I was hesitant, and it took me a bit, but I decided to resume summarizing. Yep, much harder than once a week.

Wayne created this board, is our wizard behind the scenes...hope he chimes in here with his "story". This could not exist without him.And he definitely is the person who talked me into doing this.

So.......I live way up north, near Lake Superior, and in Wisconsin. Married, grown children. I was a terrific bowler, but a bad knee meant giving it up. I live in a huge, forested area, am not too fond of it. Born and raised in Chicago. Vast difference. Golfed a bit, love it.........not enough time or $$$ to devote to it.

Let's see........I have worked in the insurance field, tested vision and hearing for several years for school district, office work in construction, plus running current business. I think that should fill you in. ask away if not. But........how about YOU?

LOL You know me from the banned site. I got disgusted there and even tried to leave and told the owner delete my account. He didn't understand why. I haven't been there since, and oddly get a "birthday greeting" probably generic. So they don't even know I'm gone...but enough about my time there.

I am from Southwest Texas. Whereas Poirot is in the cold, I am in the heat lol.

Got my name because I was watching 4 soaps at the time. I have watched Days since the mid 80's. Got hooked when Kimberly was on trial for killing Emma.

I came here when the Early Edition closed. I live in central Missouri. I worked for the Dept. of Mental Health for 30 years, the last 10 were in the recreation dept. I have been married for 48 years 3 kids 6 grandkids. I teach adult Sunday School

I have watched DOOL since late 1966. I really like the respect and feeling of "family " here on this board.
Big thanks to Wayne and Barb (and others) that work so hard for us. :)
Merry Christmas !! :hug:

My username is a mash-up of my first name Amanda and my middle name Aimee (pronounced the French way as ah-may).

I joined the Early Edition Board and migrated here when that one shut-down. I stumbled across Early Edition quite by accident, but I'm so glad I did as you all are my 2nd family. I'm a married working mom to a lovely 5 year old girl. I also have 3 step-sons, a 4-yr old granddaughter and a 2 month old grandson (my step-sons are 29, 25, and 18).

I work in insurance, teach Sunday School, and have recently taken on being a Daisy Troop Leader. I've watched Days since I was born, thank you Mom and Grandma. :love:

I've been watching Days since late 1989 when I was 13 years old. Safe to say I've grown up with the show. I did also watch a little GH on and off as well as a kid because my grandparents always watched that.

I joined this Board because I found it linked to Dustin's old site. I used to read his site on a daily basis when he kept it updated.

Born and raised in NYC. I live in an area suburb now. Married, no children yet. Various marketing and sales related jobs over the years. I consult retailers and also have my own business. Disney nut, Yankees, figure skating and tennis nut, Board-aholic (meaning non-profit boards) and I travel A LOT.

Hi there, I've been watching Days of Our Lives since I believe I was in grade 2 and was home sick. On that episode Eugene Bradford stepped into a time machine and I had to pretend to still be sick the next day so I could find out what happened. BY the third day, my parents knew that I wasn't sick, so back to school I went but have been watching on and off since then.

While backpacking through Malaysia then on to Australia about 19 years ago (yikes), everywhere I ended up in Australia, my friends would eventually call me Muzz or Muzza, which is a nickname for Murray, so that is how I came up with my name. I "lurked" behind the scenes for quite some time before actually adding myself to Salem Spectator and glad I did. The posters are a great group of peeps, respectful, helpful, and genuinely interested in everyone's life outside of Days. My spouse often says that this site is the equivalent to Facebook for which I have not been on for about 5 years now and love that I am not Facebook.

As many on here know, I am an avid camper and come May long weekend each year, my weekends are typically booked from Thursday to Sunday camping until the end of September. After camping season is over, I sometimes perform in musical theatre, ski, play volleyball, spend time with my spouse and friends, travelling and watch Days. Recently, again as many on here already know, I had the incredible opportunity to meet some members of Days of Our Lives and spend time just hanging out and talking with them before they were scheduled to go on air for the Days book tour. Thanks Poirot for letting me know they were coming to Calgary.

Have a great day. It's neat to see how people found this site and how many members know each other, at least on this sort of forum.

I also knew Poirot from another site, but not the one folks were banned from. The Early Edition posted their day ahead summaries on their own site and on the Days site that I belonged to. When Poirot and Wayne began the Spectator, I was a lurker. I finally joined when I was recovering from heart surgery (8 years ago this coming December 27th). The very first thread I posted in was Donuts to let Poirot know that I had arrived. I also posted on the other site that I was here with a variant of my name there. Lovogrif followed the very next day with " ____________, is that you?" I left the other site completely once she was here, and I never went back.

My user name has to do with the fact that I love squirrels. There are red, grey, fox, and black squirrels on my property. The red squirrels are the friendliest, and will come up to me outside or sit on the porch when I'm there. They knock on the living room window when the feeder is empty. They ate from my Mom's hand, but I'm not that bold. When I was little, I hopped behind them in the yard. My Dad started calling me "Squirrel" and "Squirrelly Shirley", and those nicknames have stuck my entire life.

Just a side note.......
The black squirrels are descendants of the ones in Oxford, England. The university had given some of the squirrels to its sister university, Kent State University, in Ohio. On that fateful day of the Kent State shootings during the Vietnam protests, research animals in the labs were released. The black squirrels then migrated outward in a circle from Kent State. I first saw the black squirrels on my property three years after they were freed from captivity.

I started watching Days from the first day it was on, hence the name 65Days. In the past I have watched Another World and The Doctors, even a soap called Our Five Daughters. My grandmother used to make me watch her soaps with her at lunch time (Search for Tomorrow and Love of Life) so you know I am up there in years, but I am still working, so I DVR Days daily. My favorites are Victor and Marlena and John. Since at one time I worked for the company that did (does) the television ratings and in particular the network that airs Days, I have some original memorabilia from that network.

I found the site when Early Edition closed as well. I mostly read without commenting, but love the site so much that this is really the only Days of Our Lives related site I visit.

65Days, I remember Our Five Daughters well.

My user name has to do with the fact that I love squirrels. There are red, grey, fox, and black squirrels on my property. The red squirrels are the friendliest, and will come up to me outside or sit on the porch when I'm there. They knock on the living room window when the feeder is empty. They ate from my Mom's hand, but I'm not that bold. When I was little, I hopped behind them in the yard. My Dad started calling me "Squirrel" and "Squirrelly Shirley", and those nicknames have stuck my entire life.

Just a side note.......
The black squirrels are descendants of the ones in Oxford, England. The university had given some of the squirrels to its sister university, Kent State University, in Ohio. On that fateful day of the Kent State shootings during the Vietnam protests, research animals in the labs were released. The black squirrels then migrated outward in a circle from Kent State. I first saw the black squirrels on my property three years after they were freed from captivity.
We have all colors of squirrels here in north central IL. They say the black ones re mean!!! We have to brownish-grey that take peanuts from our fingers.

Poirot alias Barb I loved Early Edition and sadly missed it. There was also, a wonderful Bo and Hope site, but I think it was taken down. Have watched Day since the beginning (when I could prior to VCR). Went to several events, but that is no longer an option. Chased Peter Reckell (Bo) all over to see him in plays.

I've watched Days on and off since 1999. The Last Blast Crew and I were around the same age so I liked their stories (cheesy as they were). I started re-watching Days regularly about 2 years ago and after a few months decided I needed to find a forum to post about the show. I had been part of one for OLTL when it was on and posted on TWOP when it still existed while watching GH. It took me a while to find the Spectator but I'm glad I did. I love posting here and now positive and helpful everyone is. It feels like family instead of having posters yell and belittle each other. I really love and respect that.

My username comes from college. My given name is Amanda and when I was in college one of my good friends was also named Amanda. She was blonde and I have red hair. Thus we became Amanda Red and Amanda Blonde. So I just use the Red part as my username for forums now.

Let's see...I live in southeast Virginia (near Norfolk and Virginia Beach). I work for Walgreens as a shift lead which means I work weird, weird hours. Not married and no kids but have the world's cutest niece and a cute little parakeet. I live in a subdivision that's surrounded by fields, woods, a country club, and a swamp. Seeing deer in my backyard is normal. And we only have the brown squirrels here.

I found the Spectator because of the Eggbaby crisis. Days was on every day on the TVs at the nursing home where I worked, and even though everybody watched it, nobody really paid attention. So nobody could understand my dismay at the mind-bending illogic of that story. I used google to find a forum for Days, and lo and behold, found the Spectator. What I really appreciated about it (other than that many other posters found the Maggie/Daniel thing egregious) was the moderation. So many forums claim to be moderated, but aren't, or are done so poorly. Kept threads on track, keeps a positive vibe on the show.

By day I'm a speech therapist. I've been working for the past few months in a mixed-ages clinic (which is a lot of fun), after years in nursing facilities. Married, no kids yet. I live in Western Wisconsin, don't love it, but hey...the things we do for love, LOL.

I lived most of my life in Arkansas. I'm divorced with one son and on grandson.

I came to Spectator three years ago this month after NBC closed their message board.
We weren't given a warning.

I wasn't allowed to watch soaps when I was growing up. I saw Days, Another World
and The Doctors when I was home alone.

I'm not sure what year I started watching Days all the time. Before getting a VCR, my
ex would set cassette recorder when I wasn't home. I've been watching Days
off and on over 35 years.

I'm glad Wayne and Poirot started the board. I really enjoy the discussions we
have about the show and other things.

This is so interesting. I love it! I've been watching Days since day one, when I was 5 years old. My mother and grandmothers watched. Of course I've missed a lot in the past while in school, working and/or not having TV service, but people would help me stay up to speed. With the advent of VCRs, I could watch more regularly with friends. Then came the internet (though it took a long time to get high speed internet where I live in rural south Alabama) and I searched online for a way to keep up with Days, since I didn't/don't have cable TV. I basically just stumbled across this site, started lurking/reading, liked what I saw and finally joined in with the fun. I'm hooked! I had no idea of the online history of Days boards until now. I'm glad I was a late bloomer, lol.

Well... My username comes from the character in my avatar- Harley Quinn is the Joker's "girlfriend" (though they have a tumultuous relationship). I have a deep love for Batman and Star Wars. Grew up in Michigan (suburb of Detroit), where we had friendly and fat brown squirrels, moved to small-town Kentucky at 15, where there are only gray ones with a ridiculous love for my chimney... and still here 13 years later. Married, 5 year old daughter.

I've been watching Days basically my whole life, with a gap from 2007-2009ish, but I was probably 7 when I was able to really get into it... when Marlena was possessed.

Back