02/05/16 - Donuts & Phantom Pain

Y

YPG

Good morning. I am having extreme anxiety today because I am having this phantom pain in the front of my jaw for the second day in a row. My gums are not tender and there is no tooth there anyway, so I do not know.

Leaving the house today for groceries for my friend & my joint birthday party this weekend but I shopped online so I just pull up and they load everything, easy peasy.

Maybe I will be social today. I still have not decided. I would rather be alone than responsible but we will see.

Why is today a nationwide event for free dental care but kids would have to miss school to go? Seems like everybody could have coordinated a teacher workday or something.

The tent in my back yard covering stuff outside collapsed from the rain. I will need to figure out what to do about that.

May the sun shine for you all today!

Good morning everyone!

I went to Wawa and got a breakfast burrito when I left yet another store that isn't mine this morning. Only two more nights and one more store to go and I'll finally be done. And the store I go to tonight is only 10 minutes from my house.

It was sleeting when I got off work so that was fun. Wednesday (I think) it was in the 70s and stormy. Today, its in the 30s and we're having wintry mix. My weather is special.

OC, I hope your husband comes home soon.

kt, prayers for you and your whole family.

kat, I'm glad you got your channels back.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Another cold morning here. I can't complain too much. The sun is out

YPG, I hope your pain goes away. I hope you have a terrific party with
your friend.

red, I think everyone's weather is special this year :) I hope you'll get some
much needed rest after over nights is done.

I hope everyone will have good day.

Morning Everyone,

Getting ready for an insanely busy weekend that starts promptly when my workday ends. Although I think work will be a little crazy too, as I'll be donating blood this morning, have my review this afternoon, and right after that I have some people from our IT department coming over to see the process of how my team does our job. Should be interesting.

YPG - if that pain doesn't go away, I recommend checking in with a doctor, something else could be causing it. Best of luck with your tent.

Happy Friday everyone

Morning all. It is above freezing today!!!! And yes, it will be in the 80's when I return from the amazing weekend with my siblings.

Let me tell you about the contractor incompetence I had to deal with yesterday. I had a young man come in earlier in the week. Seems the building management company/contractor who created our office forgot to put the fire alarms in. So he wanted to do it earlier. I asked if he could do it on Thursday. YES, that would be better. He would be here by 9 am.

Sooooo, Thursday at 11:45, he rang the bell and asked if he could start. Then he came and said he didn't have all the pieces, but he would be back tomorrow, meaning today, and I told him the office was CLOSED on Fridays. And I wasn't driving in so he could finish, but he could come in on Monday.

Amazingly that wasn't good enough. And OH, the reason he had to come back, was because while he brought the wiring for the fire alarms, he forgot to bring the alarms. He admitted he forgot to put the alarms in his truck. I explained that it wasn't my problem, but I'd be back in the office at 8 on Monday. I have no idea what time he will appear Monday.

YPG, I hope things work out for you today. I hate phantom pain.

Red, almost at the end.

Manda, good luck with everything this weekend.

Be back Monday.

Good morning. My back feels better today. I probably slept on it wrong. I did read on several websites that it can take several weeks to recuperate from a back injury. If I'm not better, or get worse, I'll call my doctor. I've been putting it off because of the recent expensive vet bill.

I am having clear skies; great for stargazing, but a little cold for my blood, lol. I ran to the store and stopped for gas ($1.61/gallon) this morning, but I waited until all frost was gone!

Red, there sure are a lot of stores in your area and we don't even have one. Can't you spread 'em around a little? lol

Robin: a fire alarm installer with no fire alarms? :rolleyes: Smart guy, eh?

Off to watch Days while it's warming up outside. I'll watch Jennifer and learn what NOT to do about back injuries, lol!

Stay safe!

Hello friends. Just a quick check in for the day. It is warm & sunny here with 84F predicted for the week ahead. Very busy with my brother & friends traveling around the state. And eating way too many goodies. Be blessed and take care.

Good evening. Well, I only had two chicks hatch out of that batch of eggs. It was the first run of the incubator with the standard humidity and temperature gauges. My sister-in-law had already told me that it's better to get better ones for guidance and adjust the regular controls accordingly. I just wanted to see how it would do without first. So, I'll give it a few weeks for these chicks to get a bit bigger and closer to moving out of the brooder before I start again.

The girls and I are doing movie night tonight. They're watching Shrek right now while I try to figure out the what to watch next.

Next week is the book fair at school, class Valentine parties, and parent-teacher conferences...all with being out of school on Friday and the following Monday for teacher workday and President's Day....and Annabelle has another livestock show that weekend as well. I'm going to be exhausted. At least the weather should be fairly mild all week.

Hi everyone. Had a horrible two days (and one night) at work. Besides doing my own work, I got pulled in at the last minute to help with a grant renewal application (a high 5 figures $ amount) that had to be in by 5:00 today. I had asked about the paperwork since the beginning of December, but the higher-ups who received it all by email never even looked at it until Wednesday. GRRRRRR It is the same dang blasted thing every year.

After work today, I did my grocery shopping and some errands for my girl friend who had the strokes. I'm also going to run the updates and install a new anti-virus program on her computer tomorrow.

YPG - PLEASE listen to A. Guy, and get that jaw pain checked out. Go to the ER this weekend if you have to. That was the only sign I had that I was having a heart attack.

A. Guy - Anything special planned for the weekend?

OC - Prayers going up for your husband and you

Noel - Any luck getting things straightened out at the bank?

kt - I'm sorry that you're still have back problems from that fall....sounds like your Mom needs to be in the nursing home, too.

Poirot - I hope your furnace gets fixed

kat - Take care of yourself

Red - I don't know how you can work those night shifts.

Amanda - I hate when the IT department watches how I work on my computer

robinsnest - Wow! You just get to deal with incompetent people every time you turn around. What ever happened with the IT guy ( the garbage desk guy) that left that one day before he finished his job?

Noel - Thank you for taking good care of the little ones. Enjoy the time with your family.

Rocky - I'm tired just reading about your busy weekend. I wish I had half your energy.

Prayers continue for everyone.

They mentioned Ginseng Soda today. Has anyone tired that? Is it healthy for you?
Just wondering.

rs, I hope you have a restful weekend after all the extra work you had to do.

Tonight I'm in store that used to be a Rite Aid before they bought Eckerd. They took the Eckerd across the street and we took their store. So this store is laid out weird compared to all the other stores we've been in. It also has pull down gates at the front doors because the part of town across the railroad tracks behind the store is bad. And this is why I work at a store 30 miles from my house even though this store is like 5 miles from my house.

Hope everyone had a better Friday night then me.

Back