03/18/16 - Donuts and Fresh Fruit

Y

YPG

Today the high temperature is 88°. I hope it stays warm from now on.

I would like to spend some time outside with the dogs today but I feel like I will need a nap to set it off. I will wait a couple of months before setting up my freestanding hammock because April showers bring May flowers and I do not want rain collecting in it without enough time to drain our dry properly. But then I will be able to nap outside, effectively killing two birds with one stone.

So for my youngest daughter's fifteenth birthday, I am going to send her and a friend to a week long summer camp. I already talked to the other mom and everything is good to go. I was dying, racking my brain trying to figure out how I could top taking her and friends to a Fall Out Boy concert last year.

Having strawberries, blueberries and pineapple this morning.

Have a good day and great weekend if I am not back soon.

Good morning....Snowed on and off all last evening, snow was wet, spring kind. Well, it went down into upper 20s in the night, all that wet snow on the huge pine trees froze, and so this morning, with the wind, there are icy pellets coming down, hitting the windows, making one JUMP. We did not get plowed yesterday, but the roads into town were, thank goodness.
Ever hear that song........slip sliding away? That is what it is like driving on my long drive with the little hill.
Got the laundry done, finally found some corned beef yesterday in town, but home too late to make it, so it will be Saturday instead. Will be catching up on some bookwork today........Take care everyone.

Good morning. YPG, summer camp sounds fun, but I feel for you if each year has to top the previous one in entertainment. Enjoy your warm weather. If your area is anything like mine, you might have some ups and downs yet.

It is a chilly 54* here this morning, overcast with wind and misty rain. I'm so glad the new sewer line got laid and covered up, and the lawn got mowed, yesterday. Everything looks green and tidy for now. I'm staying inside today. I have paper work to do. Home health nurse and physical therapists are to come today.

Not getting off to a good start. I usually make my toast in the toaster oven but it is smelly from cooking bacon in it. (I have to put it out on the deck to cook it), so I tried making my toast in the convection oven, which I hadn't tried before. In five minutes the toast was burning and the house was smoked up. Now I'm having to cope with that smell. Odors that won't go away quickly give me migraines so I'm always struggling to avoid them but sometimes it just isn't possible. :(

Poirot, I'll take my chilly, misty rain anytime. I hope your ice pellets are soon a thing of the past! Yes, I do often think of that song, when roads are slippery here.

Good morning, unless it isn't morning where you are, lol. It's a rainy day and cooler. I was enjoying getting up in the mornings lately, putting on one set of clothes (shorts and a tank or T-shirt) and not having to add/subtract layers throughout the day. I'm looking at temperatures going into the upper 30*s at night next week. I knew this was coming and it's why I haven't planted any tomatoes yet.

Take care and stay safe!

As my Dad used to say to me, it's a Yuma day! Not a cloud in the sky. I will take it!

Poirot - I don't think it's ever going to stop for you. I see why you don't plant anything until June!

OC - nothing worse than burnt toast smell all day in the house. Well fish, I guess too!

KT - You're really dropping in the degrees. I miss your outside stories

We're helping my daughter move this weekend so it will be a "fun" filled weekend.

Have a great day
Shan

LOL, I love the smell of bacon. Temp stayed at 29 all day, is dropping now, is 27. Gonna go way down tonight
Sunday is Palm Sunday, gonna be a cold one here. Agree about the earlier Easters when it is so cold, winter coats are necessary. Nothing I want to see on TV tonight....but I saw Grumpy Old Men is on TV Land....think I will tune in to that. Always makes me laugh....though with all the snow and cold outside, not thrilled with the snow & cold, plus ice that will be there...after all, it IS Minnesota. LOL

It is not that I must top each year but I certainly enjoy giving the girls big celebrations. Just a thing from my past where birthdays were not that big of a deal once I became a teenager. Next year will be Sweet Sixteen so I probably only have to worry about throwing a big party from there on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's something you enjoy doing, then that works out great for all of you. When I grew up in rural Texas in the 1940s and '50s, nobody had birthday parties, so it has been staggering to me to watch my kids strive to give satisfactory parties for their kids. The pressure to live up to, or surpass, what their friends have done each year has been puzzling to me. But then I've never been a party person. :)

Maple-flavored bacon is even worse!

Most smells don't bother me, maple-flavored bacon is one that does. My mother uses it and it's hard to tolerate the smell in her house at times, lol. That, plus people who wear an overwhelming amount of perfume/cologne. I feel attacked, lol!

OC, birthdays have never been a big deal in my family, either. I'm lucky to get a phone call on mine, lol.

Back