04-04-2018 - Donuts and a pretty sunrise

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday!! I normally miss the sunrise, today it's really pretty. Of course I'm also not normally up this early.

Another nice day here in the desert. Trees are doing well after being transplanted. Show coming up this weekend.

Tonight is a meeting where we all get our marching orders.

Hope everyone has a good day

Good morning, we have cloudless bright blue sky currently, sun shining, a welcome sight after all the snow & wind again yesterday. I really do have to get out to the store today, and will be going this afternoon, when it is to turn cloudy and perhaps snow again. Enjoy your sun, warm, flowers, etc. everyone who has them. This is time of year up here begins to get depressing.

Well, the docs all say I am doing well, despite me talking of deteriorating. LOL Guess the lab work came out fine, whatever my other problems are, normal or just have to endure. LOL. Took off the bandages covering the places the needle probed but not successfully. Ha. Back to the bill paying.....but perhaps I should get dressed. Would help, for sure. Have to remember to refill a prescription, too.

Well, that's a welcome change to see the sun rise and clear skies for you. I drove down to visit my parents this morning and was up before our sunrise. I could see it in my rear view mirror and us turning out to be a beautiful morning as well.

A few more days of vacation then back to work on Monday UNLESS, I win the lottery tonight. I've really been enjoying waking up when I want, which is only 20 minutes later than I normally would. I've been going to some drop in classes at the gym, having fun cooking when I want.

We're still, anxiously waiting for all the snow to be gone before we can think about any planting.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Another Wednesday.

And another very warm day in the desert. I noticed Robin referred to it as "nice" but that is not the word I would use. At least not in April. Ha-ha. The A/C was turned on yesterday so 92F is bearable this early.

Today I take an early lunch period for my semi-annual dental exam. These are necessary, but most unpleasant, since I have had dental work done since toddler status. Hoping for a good report, no fillings, no cavities, etc. As a diabetic, I get to stick myself enough.

Poirot: good luck on the taxes and paperwork. Glad your blood work came back balanced and you received a good bill of health.

Robin: enjoy the "nice" weather for you and your trees. Maybe sitting on the patio is a nice reward after such a long day at the office? Hope your 'marching orders' are pleasing ones.

Good Morning,

Gena had a mild fever and stomach ache this morning, so she's curled up in bed and I'm working at home.

It's hard to tell how much snow we got yesterday. Some places have 2 feet and other places half an inch do to all the blowing and drifting. More snow is forecast for tomorrow.

Poirot - glad your results came back with good news. Safe travels as you venture out today.

Robin, I'm up early enough to see the sunrise most mornings. I tend to miss it while packing lunches. Glad you had the chance to enjoy the sunrise.

Muzz - so glad that you are enjoying your time off.

Noel - best wishes for a good dentist visit.

Thanks, Muzza, and hope your day is a good one! Enjoy your time off.

Manda: oh, sorry Gena is sick again. My goodness her immune system seems to be a little weak. Hopefully when Spring arrives with warmer temperatures she will flourish. And as always how wonderful you can work at home to be with her. Hope she feels better soon.

The sun is out today. It's only going to be in the 50s today. Warmer tomorrow.
Icky stuff still in forecast for Sat.

Monday I finally got the tax form from the bank I've been waiting for. I think
Federal is done. I'll fill out forms in ink after lunch.

manda, sorry to hear Gena sick again. I wonder if something is going
around school again.

Muzzaman, enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Noel, I hope you get a good report at the dentist's office today.

Poirot, safe driving in the weather today.

I hope everyone has a good Wed.

Here is link to my YouTube account. I took a video of my flowerbed on Sat.
You can see a small area not weeded yet. The whole flowerbed looked like
that before I started. The short video is Mrs Finch sitting on top of the
flower planter. Then she flies in it. I stood by the garage and walked closer
as I took small videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xyK8q3e9rFDADCnWXmxBA/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Kat,

Your weather sounds better than continual rain and I hope it is good for your gardening. Walking Goldie may be a challenge if you get more wet stuff, huh?

Kudos for being on top of your tax forms. It is always a relief to have that finished for the year.

The link to your videos is saved so I can enjoy them tonight before bed, a perfect way to relax!

A quick fly-by post.

I was up all night with the horrible storm and my basement. We had high winds, heavy rain, and hail. Now we have high winds, grauple (hard snow and ice beads), and heavy snow. Poirot and Amanda, I asked you to send me your snow, but you could've kept the wind.

Was already out to one school a half hour away. I have to go back out now to a school in the opposite direction. Will try to respond to you all later.

dd4e2c7781e9b1ff526775555131588b.gif

Squirrel, is that you busily working in serious snowy windy weather? Be safe out there!

Weatherman is talking another snow storm coming .. we are to be just 29 today. Noel, sorry, but this is just not nice weather. Not with winds, blowing snow, etc., as Squirrelly noted. Staying shut in constantly is a turnoff. Muzza, it definitely is great to wake up, knowing you don't HAVE to get up. Glad you are getting to do fun stuff, not bound by the clock.:)

Noel - I wish I knew what is up with Gena's immune system. This has been a rough school year for her for sure.

Kat - When I was at the doctor on Monday the nurse did mention that another round of flu and stomach viruses is going around. So it's entirely possible she caught something at school or Boys & Girls Club.

RS - sorry you've got our nasty weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds awful for all of you who can't get rid of winter. My cousin and her husband and two small boys raise cattle and sheep in upper South Dakota. They are having a stressful season of calving, due to all the snow and cold temperatures. She was on Facebook asking for prayer for all the livestock up in that area. I can't even imagine how the animals survive, especially during calving, in those conditions. Some don't.

I'm feeling worse today than I did yesterday but at least my symptoms are now clearly recognizable as the "common cold." I cancelled plans to meet with two cousins from Fort Worth, who were coming out to a small town in this area on business today. My niece and I were going to meet them at a fun restaurant, which is a tiny original building (a saloon) from a small community near a frontier fort which was active in the 1800s. All part of my grandmother's family history.

Also will cancel plans to go see my grandson in a one-act play (school competition thing) tomorrow. It is in a fairly small town and is halfway between here and Dallas, so is easily within reach. I'd been looking forward to this for weeks because I've never had a chance to see any of my grandkids in their activities, and this one will be graduating in June so this was probably a last chance to watch him. Ah well, such is life.

Thinking of all of you, with your weather, health issues, vacations, gardening, dentist, workdays, traveling, and whatever else is happening. Have the best day you possibly can!

OC: You certainly have had more than your share of circumstances and health issues the last 12 months. I am so very sorry you are missing plans with friends and family right now. Hoping once you heal a new door will open for more plans.:hug:

OC - so sorry you're worse today. I was hoping it was a quick sinus thing and you wouldn't have to suffer through the cold.

Robin - watching the sun rise makes for a peaceful day. I love when the weather is nice to sit out on the deck and watch the sun rise.

Poirot - so glad your blood work turned out good. That always puts an extra step in my day.

Muzz - sometimes the weeks we take off with no real plans are the best vacations. Sounds like your're enjoying.

Noel - good luck at the dentist. Fingers are crossed it's a great check-up.

Manda - poor Gena has had her share this year.

RS - hope you can get some sleep this evening. Makes for long days when you're up all night

Kat - thanks for the beautiful pictures and enjoy that sun for us all.

Shan: hope your day is going well and this evening you have some pretty Spring outdoors to enjoy.

Back