04/26/2020 - Donuts and a 4 legged paper shredder

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vinnie has found the recycle container..... won't be needing to put paper in the shredder now..... will need to vacuum though.....

We may be heading to a hardware store today to get some parts for our dripper system.... have to decide it it's worth it. At least Home Depot is dog friendly so the beast can come with us inside the store.

Good Sunday to all who join after.

Have to say I started laughing when I saw the thread title. Life is sure full of surprises now, huh, Robin. & Fun....LOL, (well maybe not so much fun, but it sure gives us here some good chuckles. ) Maybe I will move some things around in my closet, put the heavier winter things towards the back now. but not all...Ha. Plus pack up the winter hats, Usually wear one to church on Sundays, really miss goin to church. (I have a lot of them, lol. )

Good morning,

Kat, I'm not sure when we will be able to camp. Provincial Parks are closed until at least May 31 as is the same with National Parks and Alberta's COVID cases are not decking but rather a hundred or more new positive cases daily. There was a meat packing plant just south of Calgary that had over 300 positive cases last week which is having negative ramifications for leveling the curve. Health officials predict more will come from this outbreak. Thank you for your kind words regarding my our niece. She had a restful night last night and is still sleeping so hopefully today goes well for them and she continues to rest.

Robin, I'm sure you've shared this already but what kind of dog is Vinnie?

OC and Poirot, I think we're on the same wavelength on the cleaning today.

Last night we chilled out and watched Come Dine With Me Canada a show where 5 strangers take turns hosting a dinner party and are scored out of 10 for hosting, food, menu, and at the end of the week whoever has the highest score wins $1000.

This morning I was up at 6am, had a couple cups of coffee and by 7am it was beautiful at 5*C (41*F) so I went for run to get that out of the way. It was actually a beautiful time to run and cane across a lot of other people running as well. After getting home, o sat on the balcony reading the news with another coffee and enjoyed the sun. We just finished breakfast and are going to clean the garage and finishing packing up the trailer.

Have a good Sunday all.

Had a bad night's sleep, if you could call it that, too many weird dreams, too much time awake. Well, did put the hats away, bought out the "warm weather" ones, all colors, small, large, mostly woven straw I guess, or made to look like that. LOL. Moved some clothes around in the closet, not many. I have things I only wear to church, so in very good condition, tho.....pretty old. LOL. However, with everything closed up, the places I would donate a few thing to cannot take them, and did ask folks not to be dropping bags off/leaving them at door , etc. I hate trashing something perfectly good that is just too small or too big. (had to throw away a few pairs of knee socks this winter, finally wore them out.....you know it's time when they are no longer thin in the heel area, but a hole appears. LOLOL Yes, I wear Knee sock a lot, keeps the legs warmer. Ha/.

Good afternoon everyone.

Still raining here, but the high winds never came. Thank goodness I cleared the debris out of the crick yesterday. The water rose almost to the top this morning, but continued flowing . Not a drop of water in the basement so far.

I made chicken marsala for lunch. Didn't have any marsala wine, but did have a pouch of Campbell's marsala sauce that I had gotten for free. The color is more orange than reddish brown, but the taste isn't far off from my home made. It'll do in a pinch.

I have a mixture of both cold and warm weather clothes out now. The temperature is still fluctuating too much for me to swap everything out just yet.

Vinnie sounds hilarious. Though I'm glad I didn't have to clean up his mess this morning.

Afternoon everyone. I'm taking a break from my outside work.

I got out later than planned, but I don't have a set time when I have to stop today.
First thing I did was move the concrete birdbath. I'm not putting the top back on
until it's level. I went to the back of the front bed to get out of the sun. Instead
of getting more areas weeded and mulched, I'm pulling out a lot of tiny seedlings
that are coming up after the rain. Only a slight chance of rain tomorrow.

robin, that's for the Vinnie story. I hope he didn't eat too much paper.

OC, I hope your storage shed is looking better.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you're having a good day.

rs, great job getting the crick cleaned out just in time.

Poirot, I hope you sleep better tonight.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Robin, I'm sure you've shared this already but what kind of dog is Vinnie?

Muzz, Vinnie is a 12 week old Toy Poodle, his markings are that of a Parti Poodle.... Mom is silver and white, Dad is black and white..... Vinnie was black and white but now it appears he may be changing to white, black and silver.....

Muzz, I hope your niece can get some answers and solutions soon. This sounds so hard for her and her family. I'm so sorry about Mike's uncle. Your families are going through some of life's hardest things, made even more difficult by the virus situation.

Most of my calves come during the winter, with a few arriving just before winter and a few right after. We stopped feeding in early March, and the grass is about as lush as I've ever seen it, so the cows shouldn't really need any attention for a while, barring unexpected problems. I've been trying to think what you mean by the ranchers in your area and "Brandon." Did you mean branding?

Squirrel, you and Kat are SuperWomen! Cleaning out a ditch and a crick are not things I'm used to seeing people do by hand--surely not single-handedly!

I've made enough progress in my storage building to encourage me to continue--I hope. But I have your problem, Poirot. I've got a bunch of clothes bagged up and nowhere to go with them. The places that normally take things like that are not open now.

They aren't finished yet. Hopefully, it won't too much longer. We can
do some things, but not everything

Back