1-1-2017 - Donuts & 2017

Noel

Reaction score
It is officially 2017 and I wanted to speak a blessing over all uf us to carry us through until 2018:

blessings2.jpg

Thinking of each of you and wishing you a wonderful start to this new beginning. The New Year lies ahead
With books to be read, adventures to be led.
May you find fulfillment and joy
All year long!

Read more wishes and quotes: http://www.wishesquotes.com/new-year/happy-new-year-wishes#ixzz4UU4Dr5Wj

Good morning! Poirot, here's wishing you all good things on your birthday today, and in the days to come! Thank you for being here with the SS and as a friend. Coming to this board, and especially to Donuts, these past years has been important to me. I appreciate your efforts in keeping it going each day. Happy Birthday!

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all, and Happy Birthday to Poirot. Thanks for all the work keeping up this fun board and preparing the daily summaries. My son, wife, and 13-month-old are here for the weekend. By 10 PM they and my wife had packed it in, leaving it to me to see in the New Year. I caught the last few seconds of the Times Square ball dropping in between watching Shawshank Redemption for the umpteenth time. What better way to start the New Year than watching inmate Andy Dufresne escape from Shawshank by crawling through a sewer pipe.

Happy New Year everyone and Happy birthday Poirot. It was pretty uneventful here last night. Hubby was in bed by 11 and I watched the Disney Parks live stream on my iPad along with Univision on the tv. Since Disney was about 30 seconds behind, I got to watch the countdown in Times Sqaure and then at the Magic Kingdom. Spent the morning at the gym for a Holiday Hustle class followed by Zumba. I'll feel it tomorrow I'm sure.

Wishing everyone a 2017 filled with health, wealth, peace, love and happiness!

detective birthday cake.JPG

Happy Birthday Poirot.

I watched "Finding Dory" and "All the Way" last night. Enjoyed both. Fireworks started at 9pm here and were still going strong late into the night. Not sure why folks need to set them off all hours.

I wish and pray for everyone to have a 2017 filled with peace, love and happiness.

Last night, there were four of us from Sunday school having soup and playing
Uno Dominos until around 8:30. We played over 10 games. We kept
playing until
I won one. I was asleep by 11:30, but I woke up when the fireworks went off.

Since early service at church cancelled for today, I went to the contemporary service.
That was different. I came home and ate dinner, then went to see Rogue One. I didn't
realize until
close the end what was going to happen to everyone. I enjoyed the last
scene of the movie where the character said "Hope".

I hope 2017 will be the best year for all of us.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is doing fabulous and having a fantastic day! Today I woke up fairly early after not sleeping well last night and had some raspberry turnovers. After that, I relaxed, did some light reading and some colouring. I cannot believe that I am still not done with my page yet as I have been colouring it for weeks now. But it is a very detailed piece so I would rather take my time on it to make sure it is just the way I want it.

The weather was really nice today as it was warm and sunny. Right now it is clear and 33 F, a beautiful winter evening here.

I wanted to take this time to wish all of you a happy and magical 2017. Wishing each one of you much happiness.

Poirot: Happy Birthday. You are a New Year's baby. I hope that you are having a great day.

Hoping that everybody has a super Sunday evening. Much love to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
:OT: I want to wish all my Days friends a very happy and blessed New Year! I haven't been on here as much in the last few months due to work but I hope to visit more often now. Can't believe I'm almost 73 and still working more than full time! I think I'm crazy, but I love my work as a social worker in a small town nursing home a half mile from home. When I come home for lunch, my husband has lunch ready in front of Days and we can watch without commercial! What a husband. Sure glad I married him over 51 years ago!

Good evening everyone......oh, thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes, and I absolutely love the cakes. Hey, I gained 5 lbs. just looking at them. LOL Got to go to church today at last, glad the bad weather held off at last. The lst Sunday of the month honors all the month birthdays, so those with birthdays in the month have to stand up, get blessed, and then comes the singing of Happy Birthday, That was neat for me today, I have not had a group sing....heck, been quite a few years. LOL Then after church my friend took me for coffee, two other couple friends came, too. so that was really nice as well.

When I got home, well, got 2 or 3 phone calls. So...the time seems to have rushed. I wanted to watch the Rose Bowl when I got home, LOL, have not even seen the TV yet.

My daughter told me of her friend, who went home to North Dakota for Christmas. I could not believe this, but American Airlines called him before he left, telling him about this huge blizzard coming, and perhaps he would like to change his flight plans (return flight) or maybe cancel going. Well, he went, yep, got stuck (yes, that one that came from Shanrick & Lil0, lol). Winds were 55 mph, drifts 10 ft high, terrible. So could not leave til the following Wed. evening. Lucky even then. Here is the worse part. Stayed with sister & her hubby & daughter. The septic backed up. Plumber actually came out Christmas Day, but the 50 foot snake would not reach the problem. Could not use anything, and kind neighbors actually let them come and use THEIR bathroom, 4 people. Definitely fantastic neighbors! (The guy could not come back til Wednesday & it was huge tree roots causing the blockage).

Watched That's Entertainment & That's Entertainment 2 last night......from 7 to just past 11:30. Went to bed, woke up at 3 a.m. Took quite a while to get back to sleep. Why the heck does that happen? Anyway, I loved all the musical numbers from so many different movies, memorable clips for sure. Yes, several from Singin' In the Rain, Esther Williams and her fabulous pool stunts, Dancing, singing. Loved seeing actors who were "made" to sing by MGM, tho they were not singers.......Clark Gable, Robert Montgomery, Jean Harlow, LOLOL.

Hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, restful day today. Don't forget that tomorrow, there is no Days, and no mail either. :)

Poirot, just delighted your birthday was a special one. You deserve the appreciation. A blessing at church, and a song, is a great way to begin the first day of the year. Thank you for all the time and heart attitude you give to all of us at Donuts and the forum.:):clap:

Last edited:
Poirot, the Rose Bowl game will be on tomorrow, as will the Rose Parade. If the 1st falls on a Sunday, the parade AND game take place on Monday. So you didn't miss anything.

http://www.channelguidemag.com/tv-news/2017/01/01/when-is-the-2017-rose-parade/

Pasadena’s Rose Parade has been a New Year’s tradition for over a century, but fans of the glorious, flower-filled event may wonder where it is on January 1, 2017. The Rose Parade has kept a “Never on Sunday” tradition since 1893, the first year since the beginning of the Tournament, that New Year’s Day fell on a Sunday. Parade organizers wanted to avoid frightening horses that would be hitched outside churches interfere with worship services so the events were moved to the next day, January 2. The tradition remains to this day, so the 2017 Rose Parade has been moved to Monday, Jan. 2.

I have started taking down Christmas decorations. I got home from one of my trips and the top of my tree is no longer lit. Grrrr. So I spent an hour looking for the 15 year warranty. I'll spend tomorrow calling and seeing if it's worth anything to ship the tree back. Or just put it out for big garbage pick-up. I've checked the fuses, and as many lights as I can find and reach. Love spending $200 for a tree and having it die 6 years later. As we had rain off and on, the lights are still up. I don't want to put them away wet, so I've unplugged them :cry: The wreath is down. The pictures of my kids artwork, hand-print tree and wreath have been stowed away until next year.

Back