1/18/2024 - Donuts and Black Ice

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. A bit warmer today with temps going up to 22*F. In the meantime the roads were covered with black ice when I came to work so it took 22 minutes to go 1 mile. The road trucks are finally out dropping sand on the ice. Thankfully I'm staying in the office today.

The next round of winter storms will hit early Friday morning and go through Saturday night. The weather folks are dithering between 4 inches of snow and 8 inches of accumulation in that time. Looks like another good weekend to hibernate at home.

Lucky you.........woke up to 16 below zero.....with a forecast for today of perhaps 5 above! By Sunday, we are supposed to really warm up, maybe get to 19. Talk about hibernating, but I do need some groceries, not much, but brrrrrr. not venturing out.

It is still "nice" (a relative term) here.... cold but nothing falling from the sky.... yet.... expecting some form of ick today..... I'll be leaving for work in just a few......
per weather guessers next week will be better..... okie dokie..... guess it's a don't kill the messenger type thing.....
fingers crossed the person I'm subbing for left work for me......

Happy Thursday....

It has snowed during the night the last few days, every night..........snow is building. I get the driveway plowed, street plowed and next morning, you'd never know it. Yep, right now, all is covered with the white stuff. LOL. And 9 a.m. we warmed up to 11 below zero. Next week is supposed to be better. Long wait til then.........

It's made it up to 30°!! Warmed up my car and got most of the snow off of it yesterday afternoon. It hadn't been started since Sunday. Main roads are clear right now, going to venture to the grocery store. It's about 1/2 mile from me. Walked it as a child, but that was MANY years ago. I actually do need milk. lol If you believe the weather report, more snow is heading in tonight through tomorrow morning, with a "glaze" of ice. We are on the line between 1-3 and 3-6. So, who knows.

It was cold this morning when I took a walk. I went around one time since my toes got cold. It
will be awhile before I walk again. Today it's sunny and in the 40s. I can finally see the street in
front of my house. Temps drop during the night and tomorrow. There will be ice in wet areas
tomorrow. A lot of schools closed again and I don't have to walk Fenix.

I went to the little library today. The highway clear all the way. It's too bad no one came
to clear off the parking lot. Today the first day the library transit was able to come. It brought
a lot of stuff to sort and shelf. I called church when I got home. I wondered how things
were there. I was going to go this afternoon and work, but funeral this afternoon. I'll
go tomorrow. The main road is dry so there shouldn't be ice.

rs, good luck getting your supplies before the next storm comes.

Poirot, I hope you have enough supplies to last until you can get out again.

robin, I hope you arrived safely to school and had something to do.

Nameless, I hope you got your supplies.

Lil0, the deer must be hungry to come by for birdseed.

I hope everyone will be safe on the roads if you venture out.

Lil0, the deer must be hungry to come by for birdseed.
On Tuesday, when I was able to get to the stores, I bought a huge block of seed for the deer. One of those blocks usually lasts about a week. This morning it is gone. [I saw 2 deer out there before 5 this morning nibbling on it!]. They do love seeds, but I wish they could do a better job of sharing. :)

Another satisfying day earning money and doing not a dang thing..... We did have a family with ah.... personal hygiene issues come in so after they left we had to open all the windows.... at least it was above freezing.....
This is what I looked at all day.... at lunch time the various grades would walk in to the cafeteria and eat lunch.....

view.JPG

Looks exciting, Robin. :rolleyes:

I went to Wal-Mart and United today in one town, then came around by another town to sign and mail my 1099s. This morning was cold and windy, though sunny. By afternoon it had settled down and was a beautiful day. It got into the 50s*. We're heading down below freezing for the next few nights but a little above freezing in daytime. Will warm up again the beginning of next week.

Another satisfying day earning money and doing not a dang thing..... We did have a family with ah.... personal hygiene issues come in so after they left we had to open all the windows.... at least it was above freezing.....
This is what I looked at all day.... at lunch time the various grades would walk in to the cafeteria and eat lunch....
That sounds lovely Robin. Ive dealt with the same before.
That view is amazing lol

Back